UKC

Millstone Saturday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GStone 12 Jun 2019

I was hoping to go to Millstone on Saturday, obviously the weather is rubbish this week but still hopeful! Anyone know if it dries quickly or will be suffering from runoff?

Cheers

Simon 

Offwidth 12 Jun 2019
In reply to GStone:

Grit dries fast in June. Anything not affected by weeps will be dry in a few hours. Less than an hour if in the sun. A bonus is drying rock is cooled by evaporation so friction can be better than normal. Take care with pro in any wet grit... it's weaker. Make sure you keep your shoes clean and dry before climbing... take a bar towel.

OP GStone 12 Jun 2019
In reply to Offwidth:

Great advice! Great North Road might just be in site! And hopefully onsite.

heleno 12 Jun 2019
In reply to GStone:

Be aware that it's (mostly) west facing, so the sun won't contribute much to dryness until afternoon. Depending on the forecast you might want to start and finish late. 

pec 12 Jun 2019
In reply to GStone:

Be aware that after rain some routes at Millstone will be a bit sandy from the loose stuff at the top of the crag being washed down. I fell off Regent Street once because the top crack was sandy. After I'd managed to get up it at the second attempt and my second had climbed it most of the sand had been brushed off and the next person to attempt it had no such problems (or perhaps they were a lot better than me ).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...