UKC

Partner for grand wall in Squamish (September)?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

I’m based in Southampton, Looking for a partner who could be free in September.. maybe 12-18th September (flexible on dates) who would be keen to do a mission on ‘the grand wall’ in Squamish? Looking to book flights soon and start arranging.

Post edited at 21:24
In reply to JackArn:

Not a partner plan, I'm afraid, but here's a trip report to help with planning and psyche.

https://doughton.files.wordpress.com/2020/04/a-grand-day-out-climbing-grand-wall-on-squamish-big-chief.pdf

It reminded me that there's sometimes a bird ban on the upper part of The Grand Wall - we were there a bit earlier in the year, so maybe not an issue in September, but might be worth checking?

Fab route - you'll have a blast! Cheers, Dom 

In reply to dominic o:

Thanks a lot!

I will have a full read of that asap, looks like a lot of good information an like you had a quality time.

let’s hope I can find a partner! I may post on the Squamish Facebook group as I see they have one.

Cheers

maria85 09 May 2022
In reply to JackArn:

Just a heads up that the Grand Wall route (and general area, including many of the base cragging routes & bouldering) are currently closed and have been since late last summer, after a large chunk of the wall fell off. The Grand Wall route itself is unaffected by the rockfall, aside from some scarring on Mercy Me, but currently off limits. 

I live in Squamish and don't know of any timeline to reopen. Fingers crossed it's this summer. 

maria85 09 May 2022
In reply to JackArn:

And yes, the Squamish Rock Climbing facebook group is probably the best place for partners. Just showing up to the Chief campground with gear & a great attitude will quickly get you many partners too. 

September can sometimes be rainy, but sometimes OK - it's not as reliable as August, but if dry is much cooler.  

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...