UKC

Peaks Climbing Partner Needed. 20th - 22nd July.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PaulW71 17 Jul 2021

Hi All,

im camping/climbing in the peaks from this coming Monday 19th.

I’ve got all the gear but need more experience so ideally I’d second and hopefully lead once I’m up to speed.
I’m no Spider-Man but still pretty fit. 
My tents a 6 birth, I’m on my own and don’t mind company as long as you’re sane, not on drugs and don’t snore. 👍

Ps : if you ask me which peaks, you’re not invited 🖕

Post edited at 10:51
 Paul Hy 17 Jul 2021
In reply to PaulW71:

I thought someone would have come along by now to correct you regarding the Peak District.  ill leave it at that for now!!

The Pylon King 17 Jul 2021
In reply to PaulW71:

Which peaks?

mark s 18 Jul 2021
In reply to The Pylon King:

i doubt it will be the peaks in the french alps,as its on the red list now.

mark s 18 Jul 2021
In reply to Paul Hy:

people who think peaks is the correct term usually take great offence at being corrected.

stp 18 Jul 2021
In reply to PaulW71:

> I’m no Spider-Man but still pretty fit. 

Probably helpful if you say what level you climb at as that will dictate which crags you'll want to go to. Also whether you're more into trad or sport (or even bouldering).

Also there is a Lifts and Partners forum where this would find more success. Maybe the mods will move it for you.

Post edited at 09:15
 Offwidth 18 Jul 2021
In reply to PaulW71:

"Peaks" is a 'thing' here. The area is probably named after a similar named tribe so some people say it should always be singlular. In my view that is dumb pedantry as that tribe were named after their home area of peaks. The area is formally the Peak District but the peaks is a perfectly reasonable popular contraction given the etymology.

As others have said...the lifts and partners forum might help you. There is an outside chance I might be interested. I've worked on all the Peak Grit BMC guides and if I'm free am more than happy spending a few hours climbing some familiar easier routes and talking through tactics etc. I don't have any formal qualifications but tons of experience. Email me your phone number and where you are camping. Mornings look best...cooler and a chance of heavy afternoon showers.

Post edited at 14:08
OP PaulW71 20 Jul 2021
In reply to Offwidth:

Morning Offwidth,

im camping at Wardlow, so not 2 far from a lot of the eastern stuff.

OP PaulW71 20 Jul 2021
In reply to stp:

Ok cheers 👍

Offwidth 20 Jul 2021
In reply to PaulW71:

Sorry Paul. Someone else saw my post and we arranged to climb today as I hadn't heard from you. Hope you're having a great time.

When do you finish your camping trip as if you are still there early next week I'll likely have another free slot?

OP PaulW71 20 Jul 2021
In reply to Offwidth:

Sorry, Offwidth, my bad, I’m afraid I’m away home Thursday, thanks for the offer though. 👍

OP PaulW71 20 Jul 2021
In reply to stp:

Cheers buddy 👍

Offwidth 21 Jul 2021
In reply to PaulW71:

No worries. Email direct through my profile  if you are back up here sometime.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...