UKC

Pinet - Costa Blanca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simon King 19 Feb 2020

Pinet Anyone out there know which direction the 8 Pinet crags face? I'm out with the family and you could save me a drive (+ abuse for going to crags not in the sun!). Cheers

Removed User 19 Feb 2020
In reply to Simon King:

I rushed to get my Rockfax guide in the belief I could help but it's not in there, as you probably know!

The brief description on UKC may not be entirely accurate either, as it states the crag is 25km east of Gandia. That location would be in the sea.

george570 19 Feb 2020
In reply to Removed Usergilesf:

Surely that would be a well and truely sunny location

Removed User 19 Feb 2020
In reply to Simon King:

Looking at the satellite images for the area that the description takes you to, I'm going to guess at S/E facing. Hopefully somebody will be along soon to confirm or otherwise.

I'll be taking a look at this place on next year's trip, there's a fair selection to go at.

Mark Eddy 19 Feb 2020
In reply to Simon King:

Whilst I haven't climbed at any of the Pinet crags, I did have a walk to them last year. I'd say they would be fairly sunny venues, SE facing sounding about right. Although there are various aspects, so not sure all are sunny. Sorry I can't be more helpful

full stottie 19 Feb 2020
In reply to Simon King:

Second hand info only, but the Levante North guidebook icon for the crag shows it to be sunny in the morning and shade in the afternoon.

Dave

OP Simon King 19 Feb 2020

Cheers. At least that made me laugh!

In reply to Mark Eddy:

Cheers, that's useful (as more info than I had!).

In reply to full stottie:

Again, really useful. Thanks guys.

Jonathan Emett 20 Feb 2020
In reply to Simon King:

I've been to three of the sectors and they all faced south, more or less. Would check but I've misplaced the book.

OP Simon King 21 Feb 2020
In reply to Jonathan Emett:

Thanks to all for info. Went to Carpi which faces East and you can see Capelles from there which seems to face SW. Great crag with a good range of climbing and grades. I've updated the approach notes for the 3 crags north of Pinet.

Paul Hy 21 Feb 2020

DWS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...