UKC

Rock Lobster

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bonzo5b 17 Jul 2019

I visited Troy quarry recently for the first time. At the end of a great day we had a look at other routes for a future visit, Rock Lobster being one. Looking at the rock as well as the description and the photo in the Lancashire rock guide book. The guide book description suggests the route takes the very thin crack up the centre of the wall. The climber in the photo appears to be using the crack to the right of this for both protection and progress. I wouldn't have thought this acceptable, am I wrong. Is it graded to include using this crack or is the grade different if it is included. Or have I just got it all wrong, I'm Interested in other peoples views.

Post edited at 22:46
 Graeme Hammond 17 Jul 2019
In reply to Bonzo5b:

I might be wrong but if you look at the photo again it looks to me like the right hand crack is just to the right of his top unclipped runner where there is some grey rock just to the left of the horizontal dark crack line. I think the rest of its lower section is hidden by the camera angle but comparison with the crag topo is confused by the topo being taken with a wide angle lens flattering some of the geometry of the crag.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...