UKC

Sanna Beach - Ardnamurchan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nick_Scots 10 Jul 2021

I was there yesterday and did some bouldering just off the road above Sanna - amazing rough gabbro for padding - and bouldered at Sanna Wall (beach). I also added some new routes (possibly) on a wee chasm just on the beach side of the Sanna wall. Great trustable friction !  Added a topo photo of this to the Sanna Wall photos.

A long drive but a unique place with climb anywhere crags littered close tot he road. Must go back soon.

Post edited at 15:34
 Lankyman 10 Jul 2021
In reply to Nick_Scots:

I walked along the beach and round the headland to the north a few years ago. Lots of bits of rock and a lovely view to the islands. Hopefully, Ardnamurchan isn't being trashed by too many vans or crap campers.

Le Sapeur 10 Jul 2021
In reply to Nick_Scots:

The crags around Sanna really are great. Many of the Fort William based climbers have climbed on these crags for at least 20 years so it's unlikely that any problem easier than V8 (ish) has not been climbed before.

Fat Bumbly2 11 Jul 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Three big vans with quadbikes and chainsaws under the crags at Kingairloch now. No doubt their kin are further west

Hex a metre 11 Jul 2021
In reply to Fat Bumbly2:

Chainsaws? A police matter, surely?

Fat Bumbly2 12 Jul 2021
In reply to Hex a metre:

Once had an unspeakable  wandering around our bothy with a running chainsaw. That WAS a Police matter, one walkout time later.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...