UKC

Tito Traversa ground fall injury

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Hill 03 Jul 2013
http://www.dpmclimbing.com/articles/view/tito-traversa-seriously-injured-cl...

Awful news. Lets hope that he makes a full and speedy recovery
 Yanis Nayu 03 Jul 2013
In reply to Tom Hill: Very sobering.
 Coel Hellier 03 Jul 2013
In reply to Tom Hill:

Very sad, best wishes to him. The videos of that lad climbing are utterly gobsmacking.
 Puppythedog 03 Jul 2013
In reply to Tom Hill: indeed saddening, I hope he picks up.
 waldenmatt 03 Jul 2013
In reply to Tom Hill: That vid of this little guy on criptonite is something else. best wishes for a speedy recovery and back on rock asap!
f
 thermal_t 03 Jul 2013
In reply to Tom Hill: Aw that's horrible news, stay strong Tito.
In reply to Tom Hill:

God, that's terrible - specially poignant watching him try so hard in those videos. I do hope he's OK.

jcm
 Ian Dunn 04 Jul 2013
In reply to Tom Hill: Terrible news, please pull through Tito our thoughts and prayers are with you. You are an inspiration to many young climbers keep up the fight. We hope to see you climbing again.
 Ian Dunn 04 Jul 2013
In reply to Tom Hill: A little bit of news from La Dauphine : he was on a
trip with a group of 10 kids and 3 adults from Italy. While he was climbing he
fell of 15 to 20meters. He was belayed from the ground by a person but they don’t
mention if he was toproping or lead climbing. Local police is still
investigating but at this point they talk about an equipment problem, a quickdraw
was apparently not used correctly. Like previously said he is in Grenoble
hospital and fighting for his life.

Lets hope he wins his fight and make a full recovery and can climb again in the future.
 lowersharpnose 05 Jul 2013
In reply to Ian Dunn:

How awful. Hope he makes it.
 Ian Dunn 05 Jul 2013
In reply to Ian Dunn: This could have been the problem with the quickdraw, be care with quick draws with rubber bands on them.
https://www.thebmc.co.uk/ae-open-slings-danger-check-when-you-clip
 Coel Hellier 05 Jul 2013
In reply to lowersharpnose:

Posted on 8a.nu

"The Traversa family is thankful for all support but, "Unfortunately we do not have any good news. Tito is fighting for his life minute by minute.""

Sombre news.
 alooker 05 Jul 2013
In reply to Tom Hill: thoughts out to family and friends. If his climbing is anything to go by he will be fighting hard.
 Morgan Woods 05 Jul 2013
In reply to Ian Dunn:
> (In reply to Ian Dunn) This could have been the problem

lots of things could have happened....I wouldn't speculate.
 Ian Dunn 05 Jul 2013
In reply to Morgan Woods: in the various articles on line it seams to suggest a quickdraw problem, and the rubber band is mentioned in one. It is worth highlighting the above link, as a possible cause, as it has already resulted in a serious accident before.

I like everyone else wish Tito a speedy and full recovery and hope he pulls through. Obviously that is the most important thing however it is going to be interesting to find out exactly what happened and what the results of any investigation is. It is good news he was wearing a helmet.

I have been following the comments on this incident since it was first reported as Tito made friends with various young GB climbers at the Imst Youth Color competitions over the last two years, and obviously they all wish him well.
 Rock Badger 05 Jul 2013
In reply to Ian Dunn:

Cheers for putting that link up, speculation or not its good info to know and look out for.
Removed User 05 Jul 2013
copy/pasted from 8a.nu:

"Our little big Tito is now an Angel and he gave his organs to let other kids live. Forever in his mum's and dad's heart"

Yanis Nayu 05 Jul 2013
In reply to Removed UserZebdi: What a terrible shame.
 Ian Dunn 05 Jul 2013
In reply to Tom Hill: Unfortunately it is reported that Tito has died as a result of his injuries. RIP Tito and my deepest sympathy to his parents and family.
In reply to Ian Dunn:

That's really terrible. RIP and deepest sympathies as you say.

jcm
 Jus 05 Jul 2013
In reply to Ian Dunn:

Just horrible, so sad.
 biscuit 05 Jul 2013
In reply to Tom Hill:
Things like this really put into perspective crass lines like " He died doing what he loved."

At his age he hadn't had enough life, full stop. I've got kids around the same age and this rips my heart out.

First time i've ever commented in this way on this kind of thread but it's just horrible.

I see so many typed words of condolence on threads and i am cynical enough to have believed that most people don't really mean them.It just becomes the thing you should do.

If the people typing the words i have read in the past have felt anywhere near how i do now then it's actually one of the most powerfully emotional messages you can send to this poor family and i have been a fool in the past for thinking otherwise.

Rest in peace little fella.

Caralynh 05 Jul 2013
In reply to biscuit:

Agree totally. Just no idea what to say. Terrible that this young lad has died before, well, before anything. My godson, who I started teaching to climb age 6, is the same age. If anything happened to him I would feel a huge responsibility for starting his passion. RIP Tito x
 Skyfall 05 Jul 2013
In reply to Removed UserZebdi:

Awful news. Obviously lots of thoughts about this. RIP.
 martinph78 06 Jul 2013
In reply to Tom Hill: Shit. Rest in peace little guy.

Sad news, and although too early to speculate, I've stopped using those quickdraws as of now.

lowersharpnose 06 Jul 2013
In reply to Removed UserZebdi:

Aww, feck. So young.
 David Alcock 06 Jul 2013
In reply to Tom Hill: So sad. Bless him. My boys are so keen. 10, 8, & 5. I don't have the urge to take them out tomorrow. I will though. Rest in peace Tito, and I hope your life was good and happy. Too young... words are inadequate. My heartfelt condolences to his family.
 Morgan Woods 06 Jul 2013
In reply to Ian Dunn:
> (In reply to Morgan Woods) in the various articles on line it seams to suggest a quickdraw problem, and the rubber band is mentioned in one.

You're right.....I hadn't seen it mentioned explicitly in the article i looked at so thought you might be guessing.

Very sad stuff.
In reply to Tom Hill:

Very sad news indeed. I knew Tito and saw him climbing when he started as a mere toddler years ago. He was a natural talent and a very bright boy. RIP and a big hug to his family, who's going through an hellish moment now.
 Dave Garnett 06 Jul 2013
In reply to Luca Signorelli:

It's difficult to think of a more tragic scenario for a climbing accident than this. His family must be devastated.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...