UKC

West Yorkshire 6A-7A circuits?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

The title says it all really. Does anyone know of any pre-documented 6A-7A boulder circuits in West Yorkshire? Looking for something that I can run around with one pad in an evening when the weather is good but I'm not rested up to work on projects. Was a little surprised not to be able to find anything on the internet, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place! 

Jon Stewart 11 Sep 2020
In reply to MikeSilverstone:

Just go to Shipley Glen and climb the obvious classic problems. When I lived locally I had a circuit of high quality 5-6c I did a couple of times a week. Lots of highball walls and aretes. But if you don't know the trick moves, get prepared to get spat off occasionally... 

plyometrics 11 Sep 2020

Don’t know of a circuit per se, but Widdop sounds just the job for a super compact venue ideal for running around with your pad and quickly ticking stuff off. Beauty spot on an autumn evening too. 

Post edited at 14:44
 dunnyg 11 Sep 2020

There are a few in the yorkshire gristone guides, I believe one at shipley glen and one at almscliff, probably caley and a number of other crags too. The Glen is great for this kind of thing, as it is a mini edge. 

No circuit as such but buckstone edge is similar so great for the same kind of thing, and for more off-piste options, have a look at unknownstone.com

The alternative widop guide also has a couple of nice circuits (now documented in Yorks. grit guides)

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/19354404/alternative-widdop-boulderi...

greg_may_ 11 Sep 2020

Widdop certainly should be high on your list. A glut of excellent problems around 6B.

Blackstone Edge, though a longer walk, has a similar plethora of goodness.

webbo 11 Sep 2020
In reply to greg_may_:

I don’t think you will find Blackstone edge in West Yorkshire.

greg_may_ 12 Sep 2020
In reply to webbo:

I’m fully aware of that. What with me living near both sites.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ended up giving Shipley Glen a go for a few evenings. Certainly got spat off more problems than I expected to! There's still a lot to go at, especially in the area nearest the pub so will keep ticking them off before moving further afield. I'd love to get out to Widdop more often but it's hard to justify an hours drive to/from in an evening, especially as the light will be dwindling soon. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...