UKC

Wild country re-slinging

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PaulJepson 10 Oct 2020

Does anyone know of any further developments with this? There was an article a few months ago that they were looking to get it set up in Europe.

Michael Gordon 10 Oct 2020
In reply to PaulJepson:

Re-wiring would be more useful. Not difficult to put a bit of new cord onto an old hex etc.

OP PaulJepson 10 Oct 2020
In reply to Michael Gordon:

It's not difficult, no, but loads of knotted cord is bulky and messy and colour-coded slings make things easier. 

Andy Manthorpe 11 Oct 2020
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Rewiring cams with strimmer chord is easy.

See this post: http://www.kakibusok.plus.com/Equipment/RewireCams1/Rewire1.htm

OP PaulJepson 11 Oct 2020
In reply to Andy Manthorpe:

I'm not sure if he was referring to wiring nuts and hexes maybe? You can get Wild Country trigger wire replacements. I've done it myself and it's cheap and easy. 

OP PaulJepson 28 Oct 2020
In reply to PaulJepson:

Well it seems that Wild Country have not updated their advice or made any further steps towards offering a re-slinging service:

"Unfortunately, we do not have any facilities capable of carrying out any re-slinging. We are working on this issue in order to be able to provide this kind of service in the future, so please keep an eye on our website for any further development on this matter. 

For the time being, we recommend you visit your local climbing store, as they might be able to help you out directly or at least address you towards somebody that carries out the service you are after.
We're sorry we cannot do more for you directly right now.

Please bear in mind that we recommend that all of our technical hardware is retired after 10 years, 5 years for all the soft goods (slings, harnesses etc.)"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...