UKC

Women are attracted to us climbers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
CharlesE 17 Mar 2011
I was arguing with a guy today at the bouldering wall, he thinks that women are not attracted to climbers but I find that they are very attracted to climbers. I have a girlfreind, and did not when I was not a climber. Does anyone else find that climbing stories, injuries, and the general physiqe of a climber(them) makes girls more attracted (to them).

Im sure studies have been done about this.

CE
In reply to CharlesE:

You appear to assume that "us climbers" are all men. Do you not consider this to be a very sexist?
 SARS 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:

I'm sure the dirt bag, penniless aura given off by most climbers also goes down really well
 Dominion 17 Mar 2011
In reply to Christheclimber:

> You appear to assume that "us climbers" are all men. Do you not consider this to be a very sexist?

You appear to assume that women are only attracted to men. Do you not consider this to be very sexist?
 Alex Slipchuk 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:
Does anyone else find that climbing stories, injuries, and the general physiqe of a climber(them) makes girls more attracted (to them).

When I was younger I had to lie about my activities, in so far as I claimed to be a trainspotter just to balance the books and give non climbers a sporting chance.

As far as dirtbags with no money, do you really want a chick who is only attracted to your wallet, rather than your middle pocket.

The type of attitude that people require to climb is attractive to both sexes, wehter or not they choose to climb, or pursue other interests
mountainmadness 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:

Women are attracted to us climbers.

You assume two things here. Firstly that we are all climbers on UKC when we know there are also boulderers who frequent these pages, second that having women fancy us (male) climbers is a good thing, I wish that I could say that more men fancy us climbers. ;0)
 wilkie14c 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:
I'm pretty embarrassed by being a climber in some company, you just know that when you tell them you climb you'll get bombarded by silly questions
Lady Jane Grey 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE: I'm attracted to my husband, he's not really a climber.
 OldProfile 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:

I'm sure I've heard that in a survey somewhere rock climbing was the most attractive passtime to the opposite sex.

If only they knew it actually meant cold days, smelly shoes and an empty bank account...
 Paul Atkinson 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE: enjoy that feeling while you can. I've got this preternatural suspicion you might find that life turns out to be a bit of a disappointment
andyathome 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:
When you weren't a climber you had no girlfriend?

Now that you are a climber you have a girlfriend?

Well done. I am glad that being a climber has some benefit.
 SARS 17 Mar 2011
In reply to The Big Man:

Reality. Most women want financial stability.

Where do you think you can find the hottest chicks: Notting hill or streatham? Ask why that is...
 climbingpixie 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:

I'm a girl and there's nothing I find sexier than hearing a blow by blow account of some gnarly climber top roping a low grade gritstone classic. It's the only reason I took up climbing!!!
 Microwired22 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE: I can see what you mean from a purely 'pulling' aspect, i suppose i've found women are attracted in the early stages by the life style, atitude, living life kind of thing. But if you're asking if Women find it attractive long term, family, kids,finacial security etc then i'd have to say no.

I'm sure some ladies will come along and prove me right or wrong shortly?

Wft 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE: terrible terrible topic
 Reach>Talent 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:
Women are attracted to climbers; my girlfriend likes clematis, honey suckle and kiwi plants.
Wiley Coyote2 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:
Well I can't say it's made any difference. Babe magnet before, babe magnet after. Now, girls, steady on. No pushing. Just form an orderly queue by that pair of stinking Evolvs
 George Ormerod 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:

I'm sorry, but why do you think women would be attracted to American climbers in particular?
 lost1977 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:

0/10

troll and not even a good one
 jubolo 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE: "I have a girlfreind"

No one likes a show off;]
 UKB Shark 17 Mar 2011
In reply to SARS:>
> Where do you think you can find the hottest chicks: Notting hill or streatham? Ask why that is...

Is it because the women of streatham (a ghetto - I'm guessing) haven't had privileged upbringings and find themselves with less time/money to go to the gym, eat healthly and wear fabulous clothes?
 Tall Clare 17 Mar 2011
In reply to shark:

No, silly, in SARS' world, women are all the same and they like to reinforce his belief that financial success means that he's a better catch.

In reply to the OP - a man with personality, wit, charm, intelligence and a great back is all I need... mine's a swimmer though.

teflonpete 17 Mar 2011
In reply to climbingpixie:
> (In reply to CharlesE)
>
> I'm a girl and there's nothing I find sexier than hearing a blow by blow account of some gnarly climber top roping a low grade gritstone classic. It's the only reason I took up climbing!!!

Hey baby, I'm the guy for you, lets paaaaaarty!

I'll even wear my Ron Hills and show you my MOAC on dyneema.
 Quarryboy 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:

Are you kidding? climbing has nothing to do with it.

I'm a skinny pale climbing obsessed teenager and almost everyone stays away from me because of it.

Like someone else mentioned. Whenever I tell someone I'm a climber they ask some sort of ridiculous question like; What's the highest you've been or do you find all the routes at climbing centres really easy now. Ether that or they say some bullshit like oh I could never do that or oh climbing is an easy sport but football and rugby are hard.
 Liam Ingram 17 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE: A girl once gave me a Dirty Sanchez after I told her I climbed. True story.
 Microwired22 17 Mar 2011
In reply to Liam Ingram: haha!
 Reach>Talent 18 Mar 2011
In reply to Liam Ingram:
A 'girl' gave you a Dirty Sanchez? Nice to see the old gender roles reversed but I won't ask what you did to deserve that. Whatever will the kids of today think of next; self administered angry pirates?
 SARS 18 Mar 2011
In reply to Tall Clare:

My world is a view point taken from having spent 15 yrs of my 30 or so living in cities such as Port Moresby through to places such as Paolo Altoi and Tokyo. How about yours?

Anyway, I jest. Money certainly isnt everthing, but... Surprise, suprise most of the really interesting people I know are also very good at their job and hence successful. Looks and wit are also useful in the workplace.
 Styx 18 Mar 2011
Maybe UKC can start a dating service for climbers? I can't seem to find the ones that are, any way... sob.
 KiwiPrincess 18 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:

Nice abs but they don't wash enough (other than you my darling you smell wonderful no matter how long you have been in the hills..Honest)
Best admired from afar.
Clauso 18 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:

Ignore the naysayers; you might be on to something here.

Personally, I'm attracted to magnets. I put it down to being suckled by a mother who had pregnancy cravings for Irn Bru...
Clauso 18 Mar 2011
In reply to SARS:
>
> ... Surprise, suprise most of the really interesting people I know are also very good at their job and hence successful. Looks and wit are also useful in the workplace.

You need to get out more pal; many interesting people that I know don't even have a job. And they're butt ugly to boot...

You also need to learn how to spell 'surprise' consistently.
 Conf#2 18 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:

I find that loads of women are attracted to me, I assume because i'm a climber.
I also didn't have a girlfriend when I was not a climber. I dont have one now, but then i've never not been a climber...

Therefore; climbing makes everyone hot to laydees.
 AlisonSmiles 18 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:

They're OK when they shut up.
 Alyson 18 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE: Personally I've found that since taking up climbing I've had to fight women off with a stick.

(You're right, it's the injuries in particular that do it - even a hint of a scabbed knuckle has girls slipping me their phone number in the queue at Morrisons.)
 tlm 18 Mar 2011
In reply to mountainmadness:
> I wish that I could say that more men fancy us climbers. ;0)

No worries - plenty of men fancy THIS climber!

smollett 18 Mar 2011
I have heard people bragging about their sport loudly in front of women many times and it makes me cringe. I’m sure they must be thinking what a bell end, and I cannot understand how anyone would fall for it.
I have a face like the back end of a dog so not noticed climbing helping my cause with the ladies.
 tlm 18 Mar 2011
In reply to SARS:

> Reality. Most women want financial stability.

Reality. Most women are capable of achieving this without needing to involved anyone else.
 tlm 18 Mar 2011
In reply to CragRat_Trad:
> if you're asking if Women find it attractive long term, family, kids,finacial security etc then i'd have to say no.

....handy climbing partner, ability to share gear, having a husband who likes going to climbing destinations for holidays, FANTASTIC!
 JMarkW 18 Mar 2011
In reply to Pagan:

Is the OP a Feeder?
In reply to CharlesE:

I would point my wife at this thread but she thinks bouldering is one of the biggest wastes of time on the planet, climbing is little better and UKC is a pile of shit.

So I wont.
 waterbaby 18 Mar 2011
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to shark)
>

>
> In reply to the OP - a man with personality, wit, charm, intelligence and a great back is all I need... mine's a swimmer though.

Ah, swimmers, now we are talking
 Alex Slipchuk 18 Mar 2011
In reply to SARS:
> (In reply to The Big Man)
>
> Reality. Most women want financial stability.
>
> Where do you think you can find the hottest chicks: Notting hill or streatham? Ask why that is...

That's the evolved perception, most woman want security for their ofspring, along with good genes, nowadays that security takes the form of financial stability, but other contributing factors make up for lack of finance, but contibute towards security

SARS 18 Mar 2011
In reply to The Big Man:

That is a very fair point.
 AlisonSmiles 18 Mar 2011
In reply to smollett:
> I’m sure they must be thinking what a bell end,

Hit the nail on the head.

Andy Moles 18 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:

While I think that merely being a climber helps to an extent, you need to do more to seal the deal. Walking around town with my bouldering mat draws lots of admiring looks from women, but a nonchalant stide, tight t-shirt and judicious choice of beanie has them walking into lampposts.
Hannah Montana 18 Mar 2011
In reply to smollett:
> I have heard people bragging about their sport loudly in front of women many times and it makes me cringe. I’m sure they must be thinking what a bell end, and I cannot understand how anyone would fall for it.

Agreed and something I've thought many times mainly along with 'talk to me when you've developed a personality'.

JM 18 Mar 2011
Women may be attracted to male climbers who are not too serious and may find someone who has an active adventurous lifestyle an attactive trait. i.e. Someone who is happy to go to the wall once or twice a week and go out for the day sometimes at the weekend. However, I have found that women are not attracted to serious climbers who want to train nearly every night of the week and spend every moment of their spare time at the crag or training. Climbers who will rarely want to go out for meals, eat unhealthy fattening food and will never go on a non climbing holiday! That is unless the woman is question is also a serious single minded climber!
 Andy Moles 18 Mar 2011
In reply to Hannah Montana:

What do you think Hannah, is the OP a troll?
Hannah Montana 18 Mar 2011
In reply to andy moles:

Blatantly.
 pebbles 18 Mar 2011
In reply to andy moles:
> (In reply to CharlesE)
>
> Walking around town with my bouldering mat draws lots of admiring looks from women, but a nonchalant stide, tight t-shirt and judicious choice of beanie has them walking into lampposts.

However walking around town wearing your harness may attract entirely the wrong type of admirer

John_Hat 18 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:

I'm sure that women are attracted to "fit" men, but that's hardly climbing-specific. equally I'm sure blokes are attracted to "fit" women, but that's hardly climbing-specific either.
 Hat Dude 18 Mar 2011
In reply to waterbaby:
>
> Ah, swimmers, now we are talking

Afraid I'm short in the swimmers department since my little op.
 cathsullivan 18 Mar 2011
In reply to Clauso:
> (In reply to SARS)
> [...]
>
> You need to get out more pal; many interesting people that I know don't even have a job. And they're butt ugly to boot...
>
> You also need to learn how to spell 'surprise' consistently.

I need a like button for this post.
 TheHorroffice 18 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:
Yeah, definitly!
As long as your not trying to attract a non climber by introducing yourself as a 'dry tooler'.
trimtram 18 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:
its the musk, man-sweat that they crave!
 iksander 18 Mar 2011
In reply to A Nidderdale boulderer.:
> (In reply to CharlesE)
>
> I would point my wife at this thread but she thinks bouldering is one of the biggest wastes of time on the planet, climbing is little better and UKC is a pile of shit.
>
> So I wont.

Ha ha!

+1
 Only a Crag 18 Mar 2011
In reply to Liam Ingram:

Are you sure it was a genuine "Dirty Sanchez"? looks like the reds were playing at home to me, could be a hazy recollection on your part.

http://i55.tinypic.com/8xkn50.jpg
Wiley Coyote2 18 Mar 2011
In reply to waterbaby:
> Ah, swimmers, now we are talking

Yes. Much better long term bet than drowners
 Billhook 18 Mar 2011
In reply to CharlesE:

You are totally deluded and obviously attract shallow women.

What your girlfriend is probably attracted to is the odd crab you have about you and your small choice of nuts.
 Dominion 18 Mar 2011
In reply to climbingpixie:

> I'm a girl and there's nothing I find sexier than hearing a blow by blow account of some gnarly climber top roping a low grade gritstone classic.

Damn, damn, damn! So my frantic, fear inducing, dramatic solos of The Gangplank at Birchen Edge count for nothing...

Oh well...

Evilllamas 19 Mar 2011
In reply to Quarryboy: I feel your pain!
I was trying to tell some people how good climbing is, and they all imagined it was just like the top rope on that ladder/ wall of jugs they did at a friends birthday 9 years ago!
Football hard? Bah... it's a bunch of men running round a field after some balls and then hammering it in to the `net`...
 eeonz 19 Mar 2011
The interesting thing about having a blog, is that you can check what search terms people use to find your site. At the minute, i'm getting lots of hits for "down+Jacket+fetish" and "sexy+down+jackets" and the like. It's all very odd, but just shows that you can improve your chances by going out wearing your climbing kit. Somebody might like it...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...