UKC

Android Rockfax App Crashing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kermit_uk 20 Oct 2019

Anyone else having issues?

App worked fine during the free trial period, then haven't used it for a while, just re-subscribed and now it just crashes if i try to open a crag downloaded or otherwise.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled and no difference.

TIA

Rasputin 20 Oct 2019
In reply to kermit_uk:

Mine was working fine yday but today I'm getting the same as you are. Crashes when it opens a crags. Have also tried reinstalling but no difference. Can't even get an error log to send. No evidence but it's look to have occurred as soon as the new lake District guide was added. 

In reply to kermit_uk:

Hi folks,

I'm very sorry about this. We seem to have had an issue since around 8am ish this morning. Unfortunatly by the time we realised we realised I was out. I'm back now though and looking into it. 

I'll report back soon.

Cheers,
Martin

In reply to kermit_uk:

Hi,

We think we have a fix for the issue at the app end and we are trying to roll that out. Unfortunatly we're having issue uploading this to the Play Store currently. Hopefully we can get that resolved quickly.

I'll also be looking at any possible server side fixes we can make that could fix this faster.

Appoligise again.

Cheers,
Martin

In reply to kermit_uk:

Hi all,

I'm unable to reporduce the issue at my end but it seems to be something to do with the weather view.

One workaround to view topos for the moment is to use the Routes tab on the home screen. You can search for crags/buttresses/routes etc here and launch the topo using the 2 arrow button. 

We're still waiting on a response from Google as to our issue uploading a new build.

Cheers,
Martin

Post edited at 10:00
In reply to kermit_uk:

Hi all,

We have a fix now server side that should stop the app crashing. Please restart the app to ensure you recieve up to date data. We have an app update going out soon hopefully that will prevent this issue in the future.

Apologies for the disruption.

Regards,
Martin

OP kermit_uk 22 Oct 2019
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

Thanks Martin appears to be working now! 👍

kazoinks 06 Dec 2019

I still have endless crashes. Have updated to the most recent version which made little to no difference!

In reply to kazoinks:

I'm sorry about the issues you're experiencing. Can you send me a support email from within the app? You can do this under Setting->Help and Support->Email Us. This contains logging information that will help me diagnose the issue.

Cheers,

Martin

kazoinks 04 Jan 2020

Just sent you a couple of emails with details and some screenshots!

Cheers,

Ben

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...