UKC

Any Rockfax Android App Updates?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dale Turrell 06 Feb 2019

Any updates?  Seems like it's been on the verge of being finished for a year now.

In reply to Dale Turrell:

Hi Dale,

Yes, sorry for the delay with this. I'm working on a few last bugs and on the web infrastructure we need for subscriptions.

I'm hoping to have a public beta very soon. Seeing as you've expressed some interest though I'll sort you out with a testing build. I'll send you an email just now with details. 

Cheers 

OP Dale Turrell 06 Feb 2019
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

Thanks Martin.  I'm only nagging because I'm excited to try it out!

Andy Gamisou 07 Feb 2019

Did you continue to go with the Realm database?  If so I'd be interested in hearing a summary of your experiences (I'm thinking of migrating one of my apps from SQLite to Realm).

Andy

In reply to Andy Gamisou:

Hi Andy, 

Yes we have. Moving wasn't too hard although I never had to perform a live migration, it was obvious just a lot of work ripping apart and replacing existing database. We were also initially on SQLite. 

There are a few things to consider before moving, one issue in particular that had I realised up front and been able to foresee the problems it would create I'd probably have looked at other options.

I'll fire you en email in an hour or so. 

Cheers 

Andy Gamisou 07 Feb 2019

Hey Martin - thanks for the email.  Really appreciated!  I'll go through it tomorrow (just got in from hitting the crags, and I'm a bit knackered physically and mentally).

j616s 31 Mar 2019

Any updates? It's been frustrating, to say the least, that I've been checking in for updates once or twice a year for several years since the ios app came out and the reply is often that it's probably only a month or two off...

Andy Gamisou 31 Mar 2019
In reply to j616s:

> Any updates? It's been frustrating, to say the least, that I've been checking in for updates once or twice a year for several years since the ios app came out and the reply is often that it's probably only a month or two off...

Classic example of the "mythical man month".

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...