UKC

App – Can't Return to Main Menu + Rotation Bug

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dh4096 12 May 2020

Hello,

Part 1: iPad

I'm using an iPad with iOS 12.4.6 and RockFax app “3.6, 4701”.

Once I've accessed a crag's topo with the iPad held in landscape orientation I can can swipe left and right through the sectors but cannot return to the main screen.

The “back button” icon (black arrow in a white circle) does nothing when pressed.

After rotating the iPad 90 degrees counter clockwise from landscape to portrait the topo images are upside down, the route names list has not rotated at all so is horizontal instead of vertical, but the “back button” then magically works. This is repeatable every time I try.

Part 2: iPhone X

The iPhone used in landscape orientation has a similar problem. The same “back button” icon is unresponsive unless the device is rotated. iOS 13.4.1, same app version as above.

Presumably this is a bug? Can it be fixed please?

Regards,

Donald

phil456 12 May 2020
In reply to dh4096:

+1 for iPad; been like it for a while ( before lockdown 😊)

In reply to dh4096:

Thanks for the report. The bug has been fixed in development builds and will be in the next release.

In the meantime you can get around it using the swipe-back gesture (which is part of the os): drag your finger onto the screen from the left-hand side

Hope that helps

Cheers,
Martin

OP dh4096 13 May 2020
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

Thanks, Martin.

Is there a public bug list available? As I'm not the first person to notice this and as I rarely use the app presumably somebody already reported it?

Please will you tell me when the next version is due to be released?

Regards,

Donald

In reply to dh4096:

Hi Donald,

There isn't currently, however this is something we may consider.

We are planning to move the support forums to a dedicated app site and this could be something additional we look at then.

I'll discuss this with Stephen our iOS developer.

Cheers,
Martin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...