UKC

App logbook syncing issue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Max Hangs 16 Jun 2019

Hi guys!

I logged 3 routes at Froggatt on 9th June on the app (android, galaxy s7) but they haven't shown up on the web based logbook yet.

Checked on mobile and PC, cleared cache and had lots of WiFi/4g in the meantime.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to force a sync?

Loving the app generally.

Cheers

Rob

In reply to Max Hangs:

Hi Rob,

Sorry about that. We're aware of the issue but can't seem to reproduce it at this end. I'm adding more logging around the Logbook within the app and hopefully this will expose the issue. That will probably be in the next release so might take a wee bit to nail this problem. It seems very sporadic.

All non-synced ascents should attempt to upload every time you open the app. Either that is failing or somehow the ascents are being marked as being successfully synced when they've not been. I suspect it's probably the latter by the sounds of your report.

Cheers,
Martin

OP Max Hangs 16 Jun 2019
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

Ok thanks for the quick reply (and taking the time on a Sunday!)

nobalga 23 Jun 2019
In reply to Max Hangs:

Hi

I am also having this issue, had around 20 climbs not sync.  Also Android version, on Pixel 3.  Multiple crags to from Pembroke to Yorkshire.

Allan

Post edited at 12:03
 Luke90 23 Jun 2019

Hi Martin,

I'm still having this issue and now the app isn't syncing with UKC in either direction i.e. things I've logged recently on UKC don't appear in the app and things I've logged in the app don't appear on UKC either. I made a point of ensuring I had working data signal every time I logged something this time and still no success.

Have tried logging out and back in on the app settings. Closing and reopening the app. Restarting the phone.

Any other suggestions? Or anything I can check to help you find the bug?

Nokia 6. Android 8.1.0. Rockfax 1.0.3.

Luke90 23 Jun 2019
In reply to Luke90:

Huh. Moaning about it on UKC seems to have fixed the issue. If only that worked for Brexit!

Syncing has now happened in both directions, after weeks of being incorrect. Perhaps I hadn't given it long enough after logging out and back in.

Graeme Hammond 23 Jun 2019

Not a syncing issue. But seems a bit strange that if your most recent accent of a route was 2nding it shows up with a blue tick against then even though (and often in my case) you have soloed or lead the route previously. Therefore at first glance you might think that you've only 2nded that route.

In reply to Luke90:

@Allan - I've taken a brief look into the issue already but other works has dragged me away from this for the moment I'll be revisiting though soonish and see if I can figure out what is going on.

@Luke -  Hmmmm, that is even stranger. I'll have have a think about what could have caused that. Issue like this are often a nightmare to nail down.

@Graeme - Thanks for reporting that. I released an update to fix that issue. Maybe you've not yet received it (I think it was 1.0.3) or, more likely, it's maybe not quite fixed the issue for all cases. I'll look into it.

Cheers
Martin

Graeme Hammond 24 Jun 2019
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax

> @Graeme - Thanks for reporting that. I released an update to fix that issue. Maybe you've not yet received it (I think it was 1.0.3) or, more likely, it's maybe not quite fixed the issue for all cases. I'll look into it.

I appear to be running 1.0.3. For more info: the blue arrows are on the RHS when you initially view a Topo, they do however seem to change to green when you click on an individual climb when they are displayed on the LHS. 

Thanks

druss 25 Jun 2019
In reply to Max Hangs:

Hi

A sync issue here too.  Logged climbs on app but not showing on UKC.  Version 1.0.4.  Any ideas as tried logging out and back in.  Don't want to uninstall the app in case I lose the entries.

Thanks!

druss 25 Jun 2019
In reply to druss:

hmmm...entries sync'd now.  Some serious AI helpdesk capabilities behind the forum going on. 

In reply to Max Hangs:

Hi Druss,

Sorry, I've been pretty busy with a bunch of stuff at the moment. As I said before, I'll be looking into this in the coming weeks. The fact you've had issues and it's resolved itself is actually quite worrying because it's probably going to be very hard to reproduce at this end (tried before and failed to reproduce!).

The best bet will be just examining logs around the logbook syncing system, however I'll need to write more as what I currently have won't suffice for an issue like this.

I'll hopefully get to it soon. In the meantime, if you notice it's not synced again fire me an email either using the Contact Us feature in the app or to martin [a.t.] ukclimbing [d0t] com with any details you have.

Cheers,
Martin

nobalga 26 Jun 2019

Hi Martin

Thanks for looking. Although it may have also solved itself for me also. 

I did logout and back in again to see if that fixed it and for now at least it appears to have.

Allan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...