UKC

App not syncing to ukc logbook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tom_lewis89 27 May 2022

I’ve noticed my app has stopped updating climbing onto my ukc log - any fixes? Tried logging out and in app again. Ty 

In reply to tom_lewis89:

Hi Tom,

Sorry about that. We've had a few emails about this from users and we are looking into the issue.

We think it's a server issue, possibly caused when a user adds a new partner. If it turns out that is the case we should be able to fix it at this end and logbooks should sync again.

Cheers,

Martin

mattdearden 29 May 2022
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

having the same issues myself this weekend. Not added any new partners. Using lates iPhone app

cheers

cally1492 29 May 2022
In reply to tom_lewis89:

Adding climbs on UKC adds them again to the app. Seems UKC can update to the app but not app to UKC. 

Hi Martin,

I've also had this issue, but not added a new partner recently.

However I'm pretty sure it is to do with having my iPhone on airplane mode when making logbook entries, so the app doesn't have any internet access. Later on, having rockfax app open and the internet is connected it remains out of sync. There is no way to force a sync is there? 

Hopefully this helps!

Cheers,

Peter 

mikeysee123 04 Jun 2022

Hi, I have the same issue. Using Rockfax app on iPhone. When I first installed and logged into the app using my UKC account details it sucked in my logbook, but new climbs I’ve added via the app have not synced in the other direction. Any help appreciated

konrad7272 04 Jun 2022

Also having the same issue! It would be great if the app had a specific button to check that the logbook matches ukc and sync everything up

SimonOliver 04 Jun 2022

got the same issue, getting the error message

“Request failed: unacceptable content-type: text/html”

looks like it might the api request content type headers are not set correctly on one end.

mcawle 07 Jun 2022
In reply to tom_lewis89:

I’ve also had this issue (iOS) but I was playing with it tonight and it appears to have synced successfully now. So may be fixed.

In reply to SimonOliver:

Hi Simon,

Thanks. We'll take a look at that and fixed. It does seem like there are other issues with logbook syncing though, so this might not fix everything. It's always caused a bit of a headache.

While we try to keep the current system running we've started work on a new api that we hope should be a bit more robust.

Cheers 

Martin

rola 24 Jun 2022
In reply to tom_lewis89:

Hi - I'm having the same issue with the App not syncing to UKC logbook, I have added a new partner but I was experiencing problems prior to that as well.

I have just logged out and back in and lost some climbs which had synced previously.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...