UKC

Can't log a headpoint if I've done a clean TR

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 1poundSOCKS 08 Jul 2019

As the title says really. It was originally logged as a clean 2nd, but a toperope's a toprope. So why can't I log the lead as redpoint/headpoint? Have to log it as a repeat, but I haven't lead it clean before. I haven't even lead it before. Repeat isn't a 'style' after all.

Tempted to delete the previous logbook entry, not bothered about toprope ascents really. But would be nice to not have to.

Thanks.

Steve Clegg 08 Jul 2019
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

"tempted to delete the previous logbook entry"

this

if you're really that bothered!

Post edited at 20:50
OP 1poundSOCKS 08 Jul 2019
In reply to Steve Clegg:

Would prefer to keep the history. Next...  

EDIT: This was more of an appeal to the UKC lot. Already had a discussion before about how to use the logbook. Not everybody agrees and uses it the same. If they leave the options option, we can all be happy.

EDIT: Not that anyone's bothered except for me, but you can edit it to redpoint afterwards.

Post edited at 21:16
 Chris Ebbutt 08 Jul 2019
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Hi

Same issue with trying to log a ground up ascent, had previously dogged it on lead so no option to GU, but after reading your notes it did allow me to do it on edit later. 

Like yourself, not the end of the world but like to remind myself of any small progress made without loosing the history.

Chris  

deacondeacon 09 Jul 2019
In reply to Chris Ebbutt:

How can you Ground Up a route if you've already Dogged it?

Ground Up is trying a route from the ground on every attempt. No dogging involved. Sound like you Headpointed it. 

Chris Ebbutt 09 Jul 2019
In reply to deacondeacon:

Fair comment, but in this context I wanted to record I had lead it but with the gear in. A headpoint I would assume placing gear on lead. All pretty minor points and not a common scenario personally but but was just keen to record my progress on  the route from the previous year, clearly need to lead it properly so much easier to define.

Chris 

Emilio Bachini 09 Jul 2019
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Try logging your ascent as another, then edit it and see if the headpoint option comes up.

Emilio. 

Post edited at 07:31
In reply to Emilio Bachini:

This works

Emilio Bachini 09 Jul 2019
In reply to Duncan Campbell:

It’s a bit faffy but gets the job done.

OP 1poundSOCKS 09 Jul 2019
In reply to Emilio Bachini:

> It’s a bit faffy but gets the job done.

See my edit above. You can edit the lead afterwards and all options are available. Seems a bit strange to limit them in the first place.

krikoman 09 Jul 2019
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Why not just make a note?

OP 1poundSOCKS 09 Jul 2019
In reply to krikoman:

> Why not just make a note?

I was going to delete the TR and note the date of the TR in the lead entry. Nice to be able to see the style of my leads, surely that's the most important thing? But also nice to keep the history. I hardly bother to log 'proper' repeats these days. But I found a workaround anyway, see my edits above. 

Post edited at 08:29

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...