UKC

Chamonix Rockfax guide vs app

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi all,

I have searched because I seem to remember a thread on this topic but couldn't find it. 

Does anyone know if buying the rockfax guide for Chamonix gives you access via the app? I have just bought a copy but would love an app version too. Reluctant to pay twice however.

Thanks!

In reply to A Longleat Boulderer:

> Does anyone know if buying the rockfax guide for Chamonix gives you access via the app? I have just bought a copy but would love an app version too. Reluctant to pay twice however.

No this doesn’t give you free access to the app. This is covered here on our FAQs

https://www.rockfax.com/publications/rockfax-app/#faq

which says...

Q2: I have the Rockfax book, can I get the app for free or a discount?
No, the app and books are separate purchases. There are two main reasons for this.
1) We have no idea who has bought a book so would be unable to offer this for historic purchases.
2) We regard these as separate products which are used in different ways. Rather like the Rockfax print books North Wales Climbs and North Wales Classics are separate products with similar content but different appeals.

So, sorry. We will be changing the app system soon to subscription which will make this question less relevant. 

Alan

In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Hi Alan,

Ah no worries. Thanks for clarifying. I remember when the app was released a few asked and of course at that stage it wasn't possible. But I wondered whether you may have added something like a scratch off single use code inside the book like Ordinance Survey used to do while I've not been paying attention.

I only asked as it saves me taking photos of the guidebook!

Cheers,
Freddy

Luke90 19 Jul 2018
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

> We will be changing the app system soon to subscription which will make this question less relevant.

That's intriguing. Are you willing to share any more at this stage? Or is that as much of a tease as you'll divulge for now?

In reply to Luke90:

> That's intriguing. Are you willing to share any more at this stage? Or is that as much of a tease as you'll divulge for now?

Good question. 

I have answered it here - https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rockfax/rockfax_app_to_move_subscription_...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...