UKC

Crag curation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 j616s 13 Oct 2019

So back when the app was just iOS only, you could buy crags and book equivalents (iiirc). But everything is now on a subscription basis with access to everything. So my question is does the grouping still make sense? If I want bother the bouldering and trad for Hobson Moor, I have to go into both Peak Bouldering and Western Grit. But all I really care about is the crag. And not having both the bouldering and trad on the same "crag" is a little un-intuitive. Particularly given the welsh slate crags often have sport and trad in the same downloads. While it might be useful to carry on curating into Peak Bouldering, Western Grit etc, would it not make more sense for Hobson Moor (e.g.) to just have a single download linked to from both?

In reply to j616s:

Thanks for that. 

I can see what you are suggesting here. It is probably only in the Peak area where the bouldering and grit and lime are in different books that this is the case. Also Dorset. 

It may be possible to do some sort of geographical grouping but the app data is very much tied to the books we are working on so they wouldn't be produced at the same time. You could do this through the Map tab which will zoom in on where you are and give a single tap link to everything we cover in that area. There might be a bug in there when it tries to display two areas - I'll get the tech team to look at that.

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...