UKC

Crags on Rockfax with no permission

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kelpie 05 Aug 2019

Hi, 

I'm one of the bolters of a relatively new crag in Spain. I don't know how the rules are in other countries, but here in Spain you're not supposed to publish information about a crag on the internet or in a book without permission of the bolters, and every single local climber knows and respects that. 

In my area, we have a serious problem with massification of climbing areas and we try to keep the new crags safe from that. Apart from that, publishing this information with no consent from the bolters can bring us trouble, as some crags are situated in private properties or other areas that for different reasons need to be preserved from this massification, that would result in total prohibition of climbing in those crags. 

Our crag was published on ukclimbing time ago and we were ok with that, even though nobody asked!! But now it is on the Rockfax app aswell and this is simply dangerous and unacceptable! So, please, can somebody tell me how to talk to someone and ask them to remove that info... We're really upset about this

Post edited at 12:38
 David Riley 05 Aug 2019
In reply to Kelpie:

Maybe tell Google Maps they don't have your permission to show parts of Spain ?

Coel Hellier 05 Aug 2019
In reply to Kelpie:

> So, please, can somebody tell me how to talk to someone and ask them to remove that info...

The person you want to talk to is: https://www.ukclimbing.com/user/profile.php?id=15  

There's an "Email user" button.

In reply to Kelpie:

I'm responding to your email.

None of the routes under the New Crag buttress at  Ermita de Betlem are in the Rockfax app (you can see by the icons on the climbs list) and some of the routes in that buttress on UKC were added to the database by yourself.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...