UKC

Diary download failure

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fruit 01 Jul 2019

Hi,

I have tried to download my activity diary using both chrome and firefox and each time there are entries missing. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

In reply to Fruit:

There was a bug due to encoding of characters, which should be fixed now. Let me know if not

dereke12000 03 Jul 2019
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

I have the same problem (and have for years).

I have figured out that if you Add an Entry to the diary, and you don't select a Type of Exercise for those Activities that have these listed, then there is no corresponding diary entry in the downloaded Excel file.

So Adding to Diary under Indoor Climbing gives no row in Excel, whereas Indoor Climbing > Bouldering gives a row. This is true for user created Types of Exercise too, so I added Routes and Bouldering as Types of Exercise under Outdoor Climbing. Now, I only get a row in the Excel file if I select Routes or Bouldering when adding Outdoor Climbing entries to my diary.

Is it possible for either:

1. the Add to Diary form to require a Type of Activity where available,
  2. or (preferably) to allow you to leave it set to Any but have these entries show up in the downloaded Excel file.

I assume the relevant SQL query is rejecting rows with Null in the Type of Activity field...

I'm still trying to figure out the issue in more detail, as I think the symptoms are actually more complex.

Cheers, Derek

In reply to dereke12000:

Hi Derek,

Cheers for letting me know about this. I've changed the sub-activity to be a left join in the SQL, so it should now also include activities without sub-activities.

Let me know if you have any further issues with it.

dereke12000 03 Jul 2019
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

Perfect - the mystical world of SQL left joins

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...