UKC

Error in UKC Ticklist Percentage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BStar 18 Mar 2016
Admin - There is a discrepancy in the way the Ticklist percentage is calculated.

On opening a ticklist, the percentage is calculated by the number of leads ticked, whereas on the ticklists for 'user x' overview page, it is calculated by the number of leads and seconds/top ropes.

One or the other would be nice and will put my OCD demons back to bed.

Rampikino 18 Mar 2016
In reply to BStar:

Wait until you see that the numbers don't add up. It's driven me to distraction. My logbook shows "x" number of ascents which is just a few different to my own version. When I download the extract it matches my own version. So where are the additional numbers coming from...?
 graeme jackson 18 Mar 2016
In reply to Rampikino:

> . So where are the additional numbers coming from...?

Wishful thinking?
OP BStar 18 Mar 2016
In reply to Rampikino:

Scrambles / Summits on UKH? They separated them at some point, I have already noticed that but I'm ok knowing that they are somewhere else

Another discrepancy is if you log the wrong route by accident, then delete it, it still appears in your latest ascents on your profile page and I think it also adds one to the total number of climbs too. - This feels too specific to complain about though!
In reply to BStar:

> Scrambles / Summits on UKH? They separated them at some point, I have already noticed that but I'm ok knowing that they are somewhere else

Correct!

> Another discrepancy is if you log the wrong route by accident, then delete it, it still appears in your latest ascents on your profile page and I think it also adds one to the total number of climbs too. - This feels too specific to complain about though!

I've just tested this and can't replicate it. The code looks OK too.

In reply to BStar:

I intended on making it an option to either include or exclude seconded routes from the ticked totals and never got around to it in the logbook update.

I'll add it to the todo list.

Cheers, Paul.
OP BStar 09 May 2016
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

I've just re-tested it and cannot replicate it either. It must have been a glitch that has since been corrected or something to do with using an old browser at work. I certainly had a route on the 'latest ascents' part of my profile for a while that I logged in mistake and then deleted.

Cheers
In reply to BStar:

Ahh, that bug will still be on the old IE8 website.

IE8 is currently at 0.25% of our traffic and dropping, thank god!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...