UKC

Feature request: partner note

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 remus Global Crag Moderator 04 Dec 2022

Probably a bit of a niche one, but there's some partners in my logbook where I've got no idea who they are (met them at the crag, got a first name/nickname but all other details have faded in to the mists of time).

It would be handy if, when you added a new partner, there was a short notes field where you could add a little detail to help remind you who the person was.

Martin Bagshaw 04 Dec 2022
In reply to remus:

I was going to suggest practicing the art of dishing out nicknames for the sorts you just climb with once or twice, but after looking at mine and seeing ‘x person from y place’ featuring alongside ‘some random woman’ and ‘some Californian dude,’ I think you may have a point.

In reply to remus:

This is almost good to go. I'll make it live tomorrow.

OP remus Global Crag Moderator 13 Dec 2022
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Amazing! Thanks Paul Loving the new search page feature too, very shiny.

Graeme Hammond 10 Jan 2023

Paul can you just confirm if the notes section is public or not if you view my partners (if I make my logbook public in the future again). I was planning on recording the real names of some of the people I've climbed with for future reference (if I ever remember what they are).

2ndly: when I edit a tick list on my phone I can no longer drag a route upwards and the screen scrolls so you have to keen moving it up as far as the top of the screen then scrolling down and repeating the process which is rather slow compared to how it used to work. - edit: this still works on a PC

Lastly, in the future would it be possible to add a feature to filter a tick list by stars as you can with crags?

thanks

Post edited at 16:29
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

> Paul can you just confirm if the notes section is public or not if you view my partners (if I make my logbook public in the future again).

Partner Notes are only ever visible to you. No other user will ever see them.

> 2ndly: when I edit a tick list on my phone I can no longer drag a route upwards and the screen scrolls so you have to keen moving it up as far as the top of the screen then scrolling down and repeating the process which is rather slow compared to how it used to work. - edit: this still works on a PC

Hmm, tbh, I've no idea how I'd fix that. Did that auto-scroll used to work like that?

> Lastly, in the future would it be possible to add a feature to filter a tick list by stars as you can with crags?

We will be reworking the way the tables on My Logbook, Wishlist and Ticklist pages in the near future. You will be able to sort my stars then.

Graeme Hammond 11 Jan 2023

Thanks for the update. 

> Hmm, tbh, I've no idea how I'd fix that. Did that auto-scroll used to work like that?

It did on my phone. Humm, will just have to edit on a desktop in future.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...