UKC

Guidebook for Slanting Buttress Ridge Route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 acrkirby 25 Oct 2018

Slanting Buttress Ridge Route (D), doesnt seem to be in the pocket sized rockfax guide.

Is it in the larger version? Seems a shame but im willing to shed out the cash for another guide, you can never have too many rockfax guides...

BALD EAGLE 25 Oct 2018
In reply to acrkirby:

There is a nice OUMC miniguide pdf for Slanting Buttress and a few other Welsh classics courtesy of Steve Broadbent on the following link:

https://sites.google.com/site/sjbroadbent/mountainguide

A very nice route and goes in most conditions unlike most, if not all other routes on Lliwedd and I have fond memories of doing it one wet n' cold February years ago. Had a great time!

Hope this helps

Dave 

Simon Caldwell 25 Oct 2018
In reply to acrkirby:

"it's just a ridge overlooking a gully, how can you possibly go wrong by just following your nose"

we said, shortly before going off route...

static266 25 Oct 2018
In reply to acrkirby:

Buy yourself the definitive Lliwedd guide at about a third of the price of the rockfax select book, loads of low grade routes!

In reply to static266:

Great guidebook, but better to read than to use to find routes

In reply to static266:

Whilst I'll grant you there are indeed loads of low grades routes on Lliwedd, there's not that many you'd actually want to do that it would justify the purchase of the select guide (unless you're after it for historic interest).

Also, have you ever tried using it to navigate your way up the crag? It makes an already trad experience all the more traditional. I'd heartily recommend buying a select - whichever select that might be - then once you've got Slanting Buttress Ridge Route/Lliwedd out your system go to another crag. There's much, MUCH better to be had out there...

Post edited at 15:53
In reply to acrkirby:

> Is it in the larger version?

No it isn't in the North Wales Climbs Rockfax, sorry.

Follow Rob's advice!

Alan

In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Plenty more classics to be had on Lliwedd. But please continue to send them somewhere else, I wouldn't want to have to queue

In reply to acrkirby:

Steve Ashton has a good description and topo in his 100 Classic Climbs: North Wales. (There are several 'used' in v good condition on Amazon).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...