/ iOS App v3.4 Released

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Version 3.4 of the iOS app is now available on the App Store.

In this version:

- The map tab has been rewritten from the ground up. This was the cause of a few crashes, and used some old third-party frameworks. Now it hopefully won't crash, and it uses only the system frameworks. These system frameworks became available in iOS 11.0, so that is the new minimum OS version.

- Scottish winter crags now have live avalanche forecasts from SAIS.

- The new "white" grades caused a bit of a visual-weight issue that I thought no one would care about, but was wrong (thanks Berrtie).

https://apps.apple.com/app/id786215304

In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

SAIS have just stopped doing public reports, but it does work, promise.

I've realised that I forgot to post about the previous release, which had more-interesting changes, so I'll detail those here:

== Version 3.3 ==

-- Changes --
~ We've removed the top50. Now routes are only given stars from 0-3.

-- New Features --
+ White grades. Black is no longer the hardest grade-colour. White, "elite", grades start at E7 and Sport 8a.
+ Grade translation. Translate route grades to your favourite grade system on the fly. I remember someone asking for this on the forums, although I can't find the post now, and said I wouldn't do it. Changed my mind about that.

You can set your preferred grade system for boulder problems, and set another for routes. Access the menu by tapping on a route's grade.

SDM 24 Mar 2020

> + White grades. Black is no longer the hardest grade-colour. White, "elite", grades start at E7 and Sport 8a.

Thanks for including this. What about bouldering?

Garethza 24 Mar 2020

Great job with the updates!

Still need a way to filter out all the pointless 1 Route/Summit 'Crags' that appear on the map though ;) Could they go into a UKHillwalking Category perhaps rather? 

In reply to SDM:

Here's the change grade for each system:

(note that we don't have any routes in some of these systems)

Aid: A4
Alpine: ED4
Australia: AU-30
Font: f8A
Hueco: V11
Ice : WI-7
Mixed : M10+
Norway : N8+
South Africa: SA-30
Sport (French): 8a
UIAA: X-
UK Trad: E7
Winter: S-IX
Yosemite Decimal: 5.13b

In reply to Garethza:

This is on the todo list, it's just a bit painful due to the way some things are set up, and we've other stuff we want to get in place before we commit to writing the necessary code.

I agree with you that it's currently very annoying.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.