UKC

iOS App v3.4 Released

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Version 3.4 of the iOS app is now available on the App Store.

In this version:

- The map tab has been rewritten from the ground up. This was the cause of a few crashes, and used some old third-party frameworks. Now it hopefully won't crash, and it uses only the system frameworks. These system frameworks became available in iOS 11.0, so that is the new minimum OS version.

- Scottish winter crags now have live avalanche forecasts from SAIS.

- The new "white" grades caused a bit of a visual-weight issue that I thought no one would care about, but was wrong (thanks Berrtie).

https://apps.apple.com/app/id786215304

In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

SAIS have just stopped doing public reports, but it does work, promise.

I've realised that I forgot to post about the previous release, which had more-interesting changes, so I'll detail those here:

== Version 3.3 ==

-- Changes --
~ We've removed the top50. Now routes are only given stars from 0-3.

-- New Features --
+ White grades. Black is no longer the hardest grade-colour. White, "elite", grades start at E7 and Sport 8a.
+ Grade translation. Translate route grades to your favourite grade system on the fly. I remember someone asking for this on the forums, although I can't find the post now, and said I wouldn't do it. Changed my mind about that.

You can set your preferred grade system for boulder problems, and set another for routes. Access the menu by tapping on a route's grade.

SDM 24 Mar 2020

> + White grades. Black is no longer the hardest grade-colour. White, "elite", grades start at E7 and Sport 8a.

Thanks for including this. What about bouldering?

Garethza 24 Mar 2020

Great job with the updates!

Still need a way to filter out all the pointless 1 Route/Summit 'Crags' that appear on the map though Could they go into a UKHillwalking Category perhaps rather? 

In reply to SDM:

Here's the change grade for each system:

(note that we don't have any routes in some of these systems)

Aid: A4
Alpine: ED4
Australia: AU-30
Font: f8A
Hueco: V11
Ice : WI-7
Mixed : M10+
Norway : N8+
South Africa: SA-30
Sport (French): 8a
UIAA: X-
UK Trad: E7
Winter: S-IX
Yosemite Decimal: 5.13b

In reply to Garethza:

This is on the todo list, it's just a bit painful due to the way some things are set up, and we've other stuff we want to get in place before we commit to writing the necessary code.

I agree with you that it's currently very annoying.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...