UKC

Is there a policy for cleaning up "dummy" crags?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Dunthemall 10 Oct 2021

Examples

Not Rees Moggs Playground in Axbridge reservoir

Pylon King's Secret Crag in Chew Magna reservoir

Hush for now on the M4 Second Severn Crossing

In reply to Dunthemall:

By cleaning up do you mean removing the duplicated routes or that these crags 'don't exist' and need removing?

Donotello 09:25 Tue
In reply to Dunthemall:

People have bridges, concrete walls and plywood walls in their garden on the UKC crag map, I think temporary crags used to log routes before they’re finished or access issues are ironed out are acceptable. 

In reply to Dunthemall:

Can you give a bit more information. Are the routes on these crags listed in other places?

Alan

In reply to Alan James - UKC and UKH:

Yes, I'd be interested as to why Dunthemall wants to clean them up

In reply to Alan James - UKC and UKH:

Clicking on the first two links: 

"Approach notes

Just don't bother looking. It's not real"

Although Pylons secret crag says: 

"Crag features

This is not a real crag. "

It looks as if some routes are logged.

Perhaps they're all real but the people involved don't want to publicise access. 

Post edited at 15:52
 Dunthemall 10:17 Fri
In reply to r0x0r.wolfo:

Many of the routes are logged elsewhere. So this is just creating confusion.. you can't have a buttress where some routes are in one crag and some in another. And some duplicated.

In reply to Dunthemall:

Can you name a couple of the routes? Some look to have generic names, and tried searching the Dawes xyz routes but might take me a while to find them with trial and error. Would be good if Pylon King or someone explained what these are. 

In reply to Dunthemall:

> Many of the routes are logged elsewhere. So this is just creating confusion.. you can't have a buttress where some routes are in one crag and some in another. And some duplicated.

Our policy on this is that we need to rely on our volunteer moderators and users to help here and point out specifically which crags have duplicated information with as much detail as possible. If you know then that would be a great help.

Thanks.

Alan

In reply to Dunthemall:

There used to be one near the Foundry in Sheffield called Crag X or something, the description said this isn't the actual crag, it's secret and only those in the know know. Seemed like a blatant cry for attention to me, though that does seem to have disappeared now. 

In reply to thepodge:

This was the case for The P too, they get replaced with the real thing after the developers' projects are done.

In reply to Dunthemall:

Reading the thread only person confused seems to be you. It might help if you allowed people to email you about any issues you have with routes. Donatello has succinctly explained the existence of the "dummy" crags. I suspect you know this full well, but are intent on causing a bit of mischief for some unknown reason. Happy to be enlightened.

FYI just completed new route at brand new venue. You'll love it! Off to write it up somewhere.

PS Thank you UKC. Still loving the logbook format.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...