UKC

Logbook features

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 duchessofmalfi 01 Nov 2017
I was thinking of the pinkpoint request and my view is that fairly minor features like this can be handled by a note in the comments.

What I'd like to see added to the logbooks is a log entry not associated with a climb - simply a space to put a climbing diary entry in so that I could record days out with no routes or group work or just a nice sunset. This would then appear in your logbook. If this was here then I'd use it a lot.

Now I've thought of this I can see a way to do it... ... let's see if the Logbook Editor accepts crag "Diary" (somewhere in the North Sea)...
 HeMa 01 Nov 2017
In reply to duchessofmalfi:

You already have this. It’s called activity diary.

Or has it been removed?
 JLS 01 Nov 2017

I'd like to see the ability to comment on route comments.
This may just be to offer kudos for your mates sick send or to discuss the finer points of the style of the ascent.

These could remain invisible until comments are "expanded" by hitting a "+" symbol by any interested third parties.

I'm assuming suitable anti-troll safe guards could be built in, i.e the user can opt out of accepting comments on their comments and/or have the ability delete inappropriate comments on their comments, report abuse etc.
 Simon Caldwell 01 Nov 2017
In reply to HeMa:

> You already have this. It’s called activity diary.

Hidden away in UKH

HeMa 01 Nov 2017
In reply to JLS:

> I'm assuming suitable anti-troll safe guards could be built in, i.e the user can opt out of accepting comments on their comments and/or have the ability delete inappropriate comments on their comments, report abuse etc.

So basically something akin to what Photos now have.

Funnily enough, one of my friend developped this indoor climbing gym tool, and nowadays you can even "publish" your training sessions (or choose to keep them private). It allows commenting (for public) sessions.

Eg.
https://www.problemator.fi/t/problemator/profile/62022/training_log/#2017-1...

Oh, just for the record, they all were soft.

And personally I don't see much value in this. You can already choose to have a public logbook, or one showed only to ya mates (or to none). But then again, I ain't climbing that much these days for this to really matter (yet I do sometimes still stalk some of me mates climbs, on UKC or elsewhere).
In reply to Simon Caldwell:
Ok I found the diary but it isn't quite what I'm after - your climbing logs are added to the diary but what I want is a diary entry in my logbook of climbs:

Climbing group notes... ... 09/Aug Diary Entry
Bond Street Edit HVS 5a *** 2nd ... 05/Aug Millstone Edge
Embankment 3 Edit E1 5b *** Lead O/S ... 05/Aug Millstone Edge

And, ideally I'd like it to be easy to get onto the DLOG (which, let's face it is **** to use). My paper logbook is exactly this mix of notes and routes.

I can see this being possible with the current diary but realistically, I'm only going to access or use this through the logbook page
Post edited at 14:51
 JLS 01 Nov 2017
In reply to HeMa:

Looks cool.
 tjekel 01 Nov 2017

I'd like to have a large hidden crag, for routes that are on crags now forbidden, on crags that can not be published due to local agreements, mountains that have fallen down (2 in my career) ... not sure where o locate it, but a friendlier climate than the north sea would be fine ...
 remus Global Crag Moderator 01 Nov 2017

> [activity diary] Hidden away in UKH

Unless we're looking at different things, cant you just go logbooks > activity diary?
 remus Global Crag Moderator 01 Nov 2017

I know it's been requested a lot before, but separate public and private climb comments would be really good. For people who want to keep their logbooks private for the most part, they would be able to add handy public comments about fixed gear, cleanliness of the route, rock quality etc.
> Hidden away in UKH
It's on UKC too, straight from the main menu at the top under Logbooks.
In reply to remus:
> I know it's been requested a lot before, but separate public and private climb comments would be really good.
This is on the ToDo list for the next Logbooks update. No ETA for that at the mo I'm afraid though.

I think the Diary would be the best place for this, it's already got all the features regarding notes, session duration, etc.

We could modify the logbook exporter to include certain categories from the diary for the DLOG import. There's already a function to download your diary though (just like your logbook). So you could just download that and import to DLOG.
 Simon Caldwell 02 Nov 2017
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

So it is

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...