UKC

Missing areas in app.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gav 13 May 2023

In my rockfax app, I'm having an issue where not all the areas are appearing to download. Specifically, I've noticed this in the kalymnos section, where I couldn't find ghost kitchen. I tried reinstalling the app, and now I don't even have the Myrties section (that until an hour ago I had installed) available to download. Have tried clearing cache/app data and installing on a friend's phone to no avail.

in total, I can see 27 areas for download in the kalymnos section, I think that there should be more?

This is Android

Post edited at 18:06
In reply to gav:

Hi Gav. Kalymnos is an area where between updates some things that were previously crags became sectors of a different crag. I don't have access to the previous data right now, but I see that Ghost Kitchen is a sector in the crag 'Skalia Area'.

I don't see Myrties at all. I wonder if that has been broken up into its constituent parts. Gerakios, Upper Cave, Spitfire - are these places you'd expect to find in Myrties? According to a quick search it seems they are, and these are available in the app. Note that some are sectors, so they don't appear in the list, but searching the name will show the crag they are under.

This is me guessing a bit as I've never been to Kalymnos and didn't work on the book.

In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

I'll check with Alan on Monday about this. If it is the case that eg Myrties was broken up, we should make it so searching for that term will show what you're looking for in its new home.

OP gav 13 May 2023
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

Thanks Stephen. Have found them now - a bit confusing as it doesn't match the logbook pages, and had obviously downloaded some out of date crags (eg Myrties) which were in my app before. Got it sorted though, so thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...