UKC

More Scottish trad?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 metrorat 05 Sep 2020

It would be great to see more Scottish trad areas added to the rockfax app.  I got excited when Craig a Barns was added,  thinking that more crags would follow, but that was a while ago now.   Any plans to add more?  

In reply to metrorat:

The plan is to put all viable SMC data into the app (needs to have a topo, not just a description), so more is coming.

The process requires work at the SMC end to prepare their data, which can be a bit disjointed in the older guides, then some work for me to appify the data.

I'm not sure where the next batch of trad info is in the pipeline, but Rob Lovell will chime in about that. 

Currently we're working on Highland Scrambles. 

robertmichaellovell Global Crag Moderator 06 Sep 2020
In reply to metrorat:

Hey, thanks for your interest on this - it's great to know people are finding the Scottish content useful. We're really keen to get more content on there too, just as Fatboy says it's taking some time due to the amount of data translation required. I'm currently working through Glen Coe (being proofed at the moment), so you should see that one next. The Etive Slabs topo is pretty cool! In the future the plan is to try to apply each of the new books coming out (the next will be the replacement for Lowland Outcrops). 

Cheers,

Rob

Post edited at 09:35
 finc00 06 Sep 2020
In reply to robertmichaellovell:

Oh is there a date for the new lowland outcrops? Seems to be an awful lot of routes missing in the current edition (but that might say more about my route choice more than anything!)

OP metrorat 06 Sep 2020
In reply to robertmichaellovell:

Cheers Robert, Glen Coe in the app would be sweet!

robertmichaellovell Global Crag Moderator 07 Sep 2020
In reply to finc00:

Given where we are in the project it's difficult to say much more than next year, optimistically in the first half and really optimistically ready for the season to start... lot's still to do though. 

Cog 07 Sep 2020
In reply to metrorat:

A lot of Arran routes were added.

OP metrorat 07 Sep 2020
In reply to Cog:

Thanks, I’m also seeing a few Glen Nevis crags now which seem to have been added recently.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...