UKC

New crags in Rockfax - how to update app?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pottsy84 02 Jun 2021

Hi,

Noticed today that some of the new routes at The Cuttings now have a Rockfax logo (eg. Like-minded Folk (6a), but I can't see them in the Rockfax app. Is this just partway through the update (I'm sure the logo wasn't there earlier in the week!) or do I need to update the app somehow?

Thanks

Chris

In reply to Pottsy84:

Hi 

This is actually a problem we have with the updating system. We are working on a new guide, and these routes will be added to Rockfax Digital, but not for another month or so.

It is a technical issue whereby we need to link the new data to UKC Logbook to make sure it is all consistent while putting the guide together and doing things like creating a graded list. Unfortunately, as soon as a route is linked, it gets the little app icon next to it irrespective of whether we have made it available directly through Rockfax Digital.

We are planning on releasing The Cuttings section in two weeks' time but the rest will be when the new book is published late in July.

Apologies for the confusion.

Alan

OP Pottsy84 03 Jun 2021
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

No problem Alan, just checking I hadn’t missed something! Look forward to the new routes!

Joffy 09 Jun 2021
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Is this why there is a disconnect on some of the cuttings grading?

Haute Cuisine seems to be upgraded to 7a+ on UKC but sitting at 7a on rockfax.

In reply to Joffy:

> Haute Cuisine seems to be upgraded to 7a+ on UKC but sitting at 7a on rockfax.

Yes, UKC is currently ahead of the RF Digital data at the moment.

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...