UKC

New Route info for update to Slate App

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 03 May 2019

Hi

I am just starting to try and get information on the new routes climbed in the North Wales Slate Quarries since the latest rockfax guidebook last year. It went to print in June 2018 and there has been a few new routes, so we are looking at updating the app with these developments, there is potentially some opportunity to amend some info from the main guide as well.

I am in the process of contacting a few activists but thought I would ask here. If you have done a new route even if it is already in the UKC database. Please let me know as its a big database to wade through searching.

Many thanks.

In reply to Mark Reeves:

I have done two on Heaven Walls: The Old Grey Whimper Fest (6c) and The Half-Pipe (6c+) plus two on the level above (would like to call it "High Heaven"): Heart of Glass (6c) and Don't Get Fooled Again (E2 5c)

OP Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 05 May 2019
In reply to harold walmsley:

Thanks so much Harold, quite fancy a go at The Old Grey....

In reply to Mark Reeves:

Its a good line but a one move wonder. One more decent hold and it could have been 6a+ to 6b and a better route. Half-Pipe was more satisfying for me despite having a worrying flake low down. I really liked the moves up the hanging groove.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...