UKC

Partner listing adds to logbook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nicodemus3d 13 Mar 2018

Hi,

I found this thread

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rocktalk/logging_partner_climbs-610609

But cant find the option to ‘add logs from my partners’ in my logbook. Could someone point me in the right direction please. 

Cheers

In reply to nicodemus3d:

Your partners need to make sure that ascents they have climbed with you are properly linked to your user name. They can do that by going to their logbook, clicking on your name on their Partners list, and then typing your UKC User name into the box titled 'UKC User?'

Once that is done then all their ascents with you will automatically appear in your logbook for you to confirm or deny.

Alan

OP nicodemus3d 13 Mar 2018
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: Thanks Alan. Looks like we have that all setup correctly and we’ve double checked the usernames etc. Maybe it’s just taking a while to update. 

OP nicodemus3d 14 Mar 2018

So after some digging the issue was that the ‘You have been logged in X ascents by your partners that aren’t in your logbook’ banner is only visible on a desktop, not on mobile. Would we be able to get it so that it works on mobile too?

In reply to nicodemus3d:

Hi, I turned off the notification system for mobiles as, if there's a lot to add, it can be a bit cumbersome on a small screen.

You should be able to bypass that by going directly to the page though: https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/partnerslogs.php

Post edited at 12:44
 Luke90 14 Mar 2018
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

I would sometimes like to be able to approve entries on mobile. I can just get my browser to request the desktop page but I'd find it easier if you allowed the notification on mobile. If people find it cumbersome, they can always make their own decision to use a bigger screen. I generally find the desktop site is usable enough on my phone. Perhaps you could just display a warning?

In reply to Luke90:

No problem, I'll change that.

Luke90 15 Mar 2018

Fantastic, thanks very much! Now I just need the rain to stop targeting my days off so that I can have some routes to log!

OP nicodemus3d 22 Mar 2018

That would be great thanks Paul. I'm back at a desktop less and less these days

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...