UKC

Peak Limestone Updated

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

We have just released an update for Peak Limestone. This includes updates for the following crags:

Horseshoe - minor changes
Stoney - minor changes
Darlton Quarry - new routes and description updates
Pin Dale - New Crag - Needs installing separately since it isn't there to update.
Moss Rake - minor changes
Smalldale - minor changes
Chee Dale - minor changes
Raven Tor - minor changes
Water-cum-Jolly - minor changes
Aldery Cliff - significant changes with lower-offs added to most routes
Beeston Tor - minor changes
Dovedale - minor changes
Willersley - minor changes
Bend Tor - new routes
Lorry Park Quarry - minor changes
Wildcat - minor changes
Intake Quarry - parking spot change

(Because there were so many updates it was easier for us to update all the packages so there will be 49 crags to update)

To Update

Go to Crags > Installed and flick down to expose the hidden menu at the top. This shows the update number.

Pin Dale - Search for 'Pin Dale' in the search box and tap through to the Peak Limestone view which shows Pin Dale and tap the cloud to install it.

Alan

robert-hutton 29 Aug 2020
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Keeps crashing on update, had to clear storage to get it to work!

Post edited at 13:33
 climber34neil 29 Aug 2020

I still have the same issue as a while ago, crashes when updating a single crag

TobyA 29 Aug 2020
In reply to climber34neil:

I've had the same issue, and spent lots of time emailing with Martin at Rockfax, who has in turn spent much more time trying to work out what was happening! You don't happen to have a Moto G series phone do you? Martin has been trying to reproduce the problems I've found but hasn't been able to on the various Android devices he has for testing, so I think he was wondering if it was something specific to my phone.

Suncream 29 Aug 2020
In reply to TobyA:

It looks like I'm having the same problem on my Moto G8 Power

TobyA 29 Aug 2020
In reply to Suncream:

I've got the G8 (non "Power" version) but its starting to sound like maybe Martin's suspicion that the problems I was having are specific to phone model could be right! It took me some time to manage to reload Peak Limestone yesterday - including disinstalling and reinstalling the app a couple of times! - but it was worth it as I went to Darlton this morning and Rockfax have included a few more lines in there and the grades have been changed, mainly upwards which is nice for the routes I had already done! Looking forward to visiting Pin Dale to climb now too, rather than just bounce down it on my bike only vaguely in control - like normal.

In reply to TobyA:

Hi guys,

As Toby says, we're aware of issues on certain devices. It's not totally isolated to moto devices though.

I've managed to get my hands on 2 Motorola devices this weekend so I'll be trying to reproduce the issue this week on those. Currently I've been unable to reproduce it on any devices we have.

I've been chatting to Toby about this. It seems that some crag installs are getting corrupted, I think it sounds like this might be on a crag update or reinstall of a crag.

A rather crap work around right now seems like it might be to reinstall the app, however toby seemed to have had issues after the peak limestone update went out and he updated those crags.

I'll be looking again this week at this. Sorry for how long it's taken. Unfortunately it's very hard to fix at this end without being able to reproduce the issue.

Cheers, 

Martin

climber34neil 30 Aug 2020
In reply to TobyA:

Hi

It's a Google pixel , so maybe an android related issue? It downloads the updates then crashes , easy enough to open it again with he updates installed so no issues with it actually working , it just gets a bit annoying after a while, in the big scheme of things it doesn't really matter though! 

robert-hutton 30 Aug 2020

My phone is a OnePlus running Android 9 and crashed on update.

In reply to robert-hutton:

Hi Robert,

Had you been experiencing crashes before the Peak Limestone update? When you went to update, is that when your issues began? 

Cheers,
Martin

robert-hutton 30 Aug 2020
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

No it happened before on moving from the old limestone guide.

TobyA 30 Aug 2020
In reply to climber34neil:

Sounds the same issue as I've had! It was a hassle not being able to download whole books at a time though - lots of clicking and waiting to download say all of Gritstone East! Reinstalling the app helped for me, although I had loads of problems with Harpur Hill with the new Peak Limestone - the rest of the book downloaded fine except that crag! And being a punter I wanted that crag more than most of Cheedale for example!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...