UKC

Private logbook partners showing on mobile

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Moles 05 May 2022

I've noticed a thing recently, where the partner(s) recorded on hidden logbook entries for a climb show up when I'm looking on mobile, but not on desktop. The user still appears as Hidden in both cases.

It would obviously be better if the partners didn't show at all, since it makes the logbook less private.

OP Andy Moles 05 May 2022

On a sidenote, this reminds me of a question that came up recently - if you make your logbook visible to partners only, is that only people who you have added as a partner or also people who have added you?

(In the latter case this would make your logbook visible to anyone who adds you, so effectively public?)

remus Global Crag Moderator 05 May 2022
In reply to Andy Moles:

> On a sidenote, this reminds me of a question that came up recently - if you make your logbook visible to partners only, is that only people who you have added as a partner or also people who have added you?

> (In the latter case this would make your logbook visible to anyone who adds you, so effectively public?)

It's the latter. They do show up in the 'my partners' section of the ascents on a climb but all the details are hidden (other than the date and maybe the style of the ascent?)

OP Andy Moles 05 May 2022
In reply to remus:

So it's anonymous but you can see that someone who's a partner has climbed the route? You can't actually view their whole logbook?

In reply to Andy Moles:

Hi Andy, we're looking into the the display of these. For hidden logbooks it will likely change to:
Hidden with 1 partner

Graeme Hammond 05 May 2022
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Got rid of my linked partners to try and stop myself from looking at partners recent acents and partners logbooks too much.

However I still look at some and find it strange if someone has a partners only logbook and has added you as a partner but you haven't you can see thier logbook via the your partners page but if you click on any of the climbs you can't see anything.

remus Global Crag Moderator 05 May 2022
In reply to Andy Moles:

> So it's anonymous but you can see that someone who's a partner has climbed the route? You can't actually view their whole logbook?

That's it (or at least how it has worked in the past).

In reply to Andy Moles:

This should all be working now.

We have also tweaked the logic slightly, to fix your followup question.

Let me know if theres any further things you spot!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...