UKC

Respecting original route names.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Slackboot 03 Jan 2020

Looking through some old guides at routes I did a long time ago I noticed that a number are not included in the UKC/Rockfax crag info. I have added the missing climbs so they can be moderated. I just wondered why climbs are sometimes missed or even given a different name. I know that human error is a reason but otherwise even if climbs are overgrown and choss now, I think we should still record them and keep their original names which presumably the first ascensionist intended. 

LGraham 03 Jan 2020
In reply to Slackboot:

You haven’t given any examples, but I think this has a pretty reasonable explanation.

Rockfax guides are (mainly) select guides so they don’t have every route, especially not overgrown choss. 

The UKC logbooks are populated and moderated by users, so they aren’t guaranteed to be complete or accurate. 

OP Slackboot 04 Jan 2020
In reply to LGraham:

Yes I see what you mean. That would explain it. One example would be Wheatcroft's Delight at Corby's Crag in Northumberland. I cant work out wether its been missed or renamed. I have just added it. Cheers for explanation. ☺

TobyA 04 Jan 2020
In reply to LGraham:

> The UKC logbooks are populated and moderated by users, so they aren’t guaranteed to be complete or accurate. 

Although for many crags the UKC logbook database is probably as definitive as anything else these days!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...