UKC

Rockfax app puzzle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Maybe I'm a complete duffer but . . . Subscribed to and downloaded the Rockfax app yesterday,  only to find that when I click on a route for the description,  nothing happens. Tried it for several crags but had the same result.  Any ideas?

In reply to martinturnchapel:

Hi Martin. It sounds like maybe you're searching for routes in the routes tab (?)

If that's the case, you'll be searching UKC routes, which are not "installed" on the phone - they don't have topos.

To get the rockfax data, go to the "Crags" tab, then "Downloads", then search for the crag or area you want and install it. Now you'll have all the rockfax info, including topos.

In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

Hi Stephen and thanks for your reply. Maybe I'm being spectacularly dim, but I can't find the crags tab. I open the app, select guides/north wales climbs/tryfan and all the routes come up listed, but won't give me a description. 

I can't find a reference to downloads anywhere.

Can you show me a screenshot of what the app looks like when you open it?

From your description, it doesn't sound like the rockfax app... it should look like the screenshot below. 

Hi Stephen.  My phone is resolutely refusing to do screenshots unfortunately. The green rocfax icon on my homescreen when pressed takes me to the guide screen but theres no facility for downloads even when l select the 3 bars top right. I'm a bit stumped!

I've removed the icon from my homescreen and tried logging in online but it just takes me to account overview with no access to anything else.

Hi Martin. I'm a bit confused by some of the things you're saying. When you say "guides screen", what do you mean? I'm asking because we don't use the word "guides" anywhere in the app. Do you mean the "Crags" tab, as in the screenshot I posted above?

What do you mean when you say "the three bars"? Note that there is no "three bars" in the image above. 

Can you tell me if what you're looking at looks anything like the screenshot above?

It sounds like you've maybe made a shortcut on your home screen to a rockfax website by using an "add to home screen" type function. 

This is the text it opens up with: 

The Rockfax App

An entire guidebook library that fits neatly in your pocket.

Over 40 guidebooks, 60,000 routes, 1000 crags, high detail topos, overviews and maps, covering major crags throughout the UK and Europe.

Available on Android and iOS

All on a green screen, with the3 bars top r which has options for accounts, guides and a few others. Guides is the one I've been trying and is a dead end

Ok! Puzzle solved. You're at the website:

https://rockfax.app/

You need to set up an account there, but then download the app itself from either the Play Store or the Apple App Store and sign in to the app when you launch it. 

There are links to the two stores on the page you're looking at. 

Ive already downloaded and installed the app but the only icon that shows up is the one I told you about. Im really confused 

Bingo! Thanks for your help

No worries. I'm glad it's all working! 

I've added a week to your subscription to cover this period you've been unable to use it. 

Post edited at 09:19

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...