UKC

Rockfax books for Scotland and Lakes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 olddirtydoggy 14 Jun 2019

The new app and digital format is great, thanks. I still buy paperback books as it works better for me sometimes.

Scotland and the Lakes are not covered yet. I'm aware that it takes a huge amount of work to do these guides but I was wondering if there are plans to do them? Is there a feeling that it would tread on the toes of the FRCC and SMC as they sell their own guides? Personally I love the Rockfax format but that's what I've learnt on.

In reply to olddirtydoggy:

> Scotland and the Lakes are not covered yet. I'm aware that it takes a huge amount of work to do these guides but I was wondering if there are plans to do them? Is there a feeling that it would tread on the toes of the FRCC and SMC as they sell their own guides? Personally I love the Rockfax format but that's what I've learnt on.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Lake District Climbs Rockfax is due out this November (if it stops raining!) This will be a selected guide to the trad routes in the Lakes from all areas.

We have no plans for any Scotland print guidebooks but have an agreement with the SMC to feature their print guide information in our app. Work is ongoing with this and we hope to get quite a lot out this year. So digital only for this area I'm afraid.

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...