UKC

Rockfax Digital - Seeking Android Testers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
We are looking for a few more participants. If you are interested, reply below or forward me an email. Cheers!

We are looking for a small group of users to help us test a new Android release of Rockfax Digital. We are looking exclusively for existing users of the app. If you've had the app installed for quite a while, downloaded updates to crags etc, it would be great to have your input.

This will initially be a small closed test. To join you can simply reply to this thread, or if your Google account is linked to a different email than you use for UKC, please drop me an email martin[at]ukclimbing[dot]com.

If you intend to use the app at a crag over next week, I would advise waiting for the open beta that we will be advertising after this closed test.

The main purpose of this test is centered around fixing some issues we've had with crashes, particularly those after updating or uninstalling crags. On first launch your app will go through an update phase and there is a chance your app install could become corrupted during this (this is the main thing we want to verify is functioning). This would require you to reinstall the app along with the crags you had downloaded, so a bit of a pain if you were ready to use it at a crag. Aside from this there are updates to the UI, search, filtering, performance improvements etc.

I'll be out the office tomorrow, but will send out opt in invites and some brief instructions to anyone who gets back to me here.

Thanks for volunteering.

Cheers,
Martin

Post edited at 17:40
 Suncream 07 Mar 2023
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

I'm happy to test, email address should be the same as this

nobalga 07 Mar 2023

I'm happy to give it a test. Email should be same as ukc

inglesp 07 Mar 2023

I'd be happy to help.  My UKC account is linked to my gmail address.

Edshakey 07 Mar 2023

Happy to join. I have emailed

Max Hangs 08 Mar 2023

I'll be a tester

Alex Riley 08 Mar 2023
In reply to Max Hangs:

Happy to give it a go, I've been having issues with the current version updating and reloading crags so have an idea what I'm looking for.

Tigerlili 08 Mar 2023
In reply to Alex Riley:

I'd be happy to join. My email should be the same for both

smbnji 08 Mar 2023

Happy to test, however I currently receive a cryptic error message when logging in.

> Login Successful. Your UKC/Rockfax account is currently inactive.

It's this UKC account I'm logging in with...

druss 08 Mar 2023

I'm happy to test and email the same.

riazanovskiy 09 Mar 2023

Yes, please

Thanks for all the responses. I'll send out an email this evening with the invite link.

Cheers,
Martin

Post edited at 15:01
 remus Global Crag Moderator 30 Mar 2023

Sign me up, Im keen to help out with testing.

In reply to remus:

Hey Remus,

Thanks, I've added you to the list and I'll email you shortly with the opt in link.

I'll upload a new build before I get you to test the app. I've had some good feedback from the first batch of testers. In the meantime, if you can make sure you have a bunch of crags installed on the current live version of the app that would be a great help.

Email coming shortly!

Cheers,
Martin

lithos 30 Mar 2023

happy to test, been feeding back info for quite a while !

jpd 30 Mar 2023

I'm happy to have a play with the new version.

Mini Mansell 31 Mar 2023

Hi

i am happy to test

currently running Android QPR3   and on IO day will no doubt be running  14 Beta 1  so can test on the cutting edge lol

wouldn't mind having a look.

Thanks all. I've sent you all an email with instructions on participating.

I'll close invites again.

Cheers,
Martin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...