UKC

Site update problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Unsure if it is my phone or a site problem.

Since the upgrades when I open ukc I don't see any white icons in the top bar or any category icons left of topic titles. These appear on refreshing the page. 

Using an android phone. 

In reply to Presley Whippet:

This is kind of what I have using waterfox on a desktop. I've narrowed it down to something thinking it's a tracker or analytics engine, but don't know what's flagging it or why.
Edit: starting to suspect fontawesome.com but could be a red herring.
Edit again: it was the fontawesome 'tracker' causing the issue for me

Post edited at 08:47

What version of Android are you on?

In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

What browser? I've just tried it on an old Android 4.4.4 handset and it worked fine in Chrome but not the stock browser (which is really old now).

heleno 23 Apr 2021

Like Paul I'm finding the problem is browser dependent. Are you using the Samsung browser by any chance? When I use my Samsung browser the forum topic icons are looking very strange, but with Chrome on the same android phone they look fine. 

Post edited at 10:49
 marky 23 Apr 2021

I cannot now see Top Ascents boulders I can see trad and sport. I am using iPhone 12 and is the same using safari and Firefox?

No idea, Google search bar on Huawei phone

In reply to marky:

You mean this page? https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/topascents.php#bouldering

It hasn't been changed in ages.

Maggot 23 Apr 2021
In reply to everyone:

I use Ghostery browser on my android phone and on my PC along with a certain piece of advertisement restricting software, and never have any problems.

marky 23 Apr 2021

Yep can only see Trad and Sport no menu bar on the right to choose. Only started recently?

In reply to marky:

I've updated the JavaScript that makes the menu on the right on small screens but it's still playing up a little. It seems to switch the tabs correctly when the page loads but after you've clicked on all the tabs once, you can't click on Bouldering or Winter again. I'll have another look next week.

marky 26 Apr 2021

Thanks yes that’s sorted it!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...