UKC

Some Costa Blanca stuff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Sagar 09 Feb 2020

Just enjoying a quick blast in CB.

We tried to go to  L'Ocaive today, but climbing is temporarily banned completely there at the moment as restoration work is being undertaken on the castle that sits about the crags. A big notice on the UKC page is probably a good idea to save people a wasted trip!

Less important, but in the Rockfax the route estimates for these two climbs at Pena Roja are the wrong way around:

Rockadictos (6c+)

Sin tarjeta de presentación (6c+)

Rockadictos is the low 6c+, Tarjeta is the harder of the two and as the logbook votes overwhelmingly confirm, is in fact mid 7a. Descriptions (and grades) will want sorting out for any future edition.

Post edited at 18:52
OP Paul Sagar 09 Feb 2020
In reply to Paul Sagar:

haha Alan James I've just seen your comment in the logbook for Sin Tarjeta. I'm afraid the people have spoken, and the people think you're wrong!

Mark Eddy 09 Feb 2020
In reply to Paul Sagar:

Good idea re a notice about L'Ocaive access. It's been closed since at least early October 2019 and the restoration work is still in progress and could be so for some time yet. Weekend climbing at the crag should be fine in theory as work will be midweek. Midweek climbing will be far more dangerous as the restoration work is directly above the climbing, so falling objects a real possibility!!

For anyone wanting some good climbing in the Pedreguer area, a visit to Poet's crag is worthwhile. Between Pedreguer and Gata de Gorgos. Sunny, easy access, good climbing that's well bolted.  

Lesdavmor 10 Feb 2020
In reply to Mark Eddy:

Hi Mark. Any info on poet's crag?Have moved to the area( Orba) Thanks

Mark Eddy 13 Feb 2020
In reply to Lesdavmor:

Hi Les,

Yes, e-mail me through this site and I can send more info. For others reading this, I'd say Poets crag is worth a visit if close by / passing, but not worth a long drive. And once L'Ocaive is back in action that's the best crag in the Pedreguer area.

It took a few days to reply as I received an e-mail advising me not to share information about newer crags in the area. This e-mail came from a visiting Brit who as far as I can make out, is wanting to keep new developments under the radar so only those in the know can benefit. I asked him for some solid reasoning why I shouldn't share crag info, but am yet to receive a reply! To be clear, unless there is a genuine reason for keeping quiet (bird / access restrictions), I'll always be happy to share crag info. It isn't like this region is short on rock! 

Lesdavmor 13 Feb 2020
In reply to Mark Eddy:

Thanks Mark

I found some info locally but it was all about walking. Would appreciate anything you have. Even just a gps, I can always go at a weekend and chat to any locals

jon 15 Feb 2020
In reply to Mark Eddy:

> To be clear, unless there is a genuine reason for keeping quiet (bird / access restrictions), I'll always be happy to share crag info.

Can you think of any other reasons?

Mark Eddy 15 Feb 2020
In reply to jon:

Yes I can. And I did ask the person who sent the email for a reason to his request. I still haven’t received a response.

Do you know the reason?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...