UKC

Too late for the Slate Guidebook?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sl@te Head 24 Jul 2018

Øyenstikker (7a+)

Added a new route on the slate today, I'm guessing that it won't make the new Rockfax Slate Guide?

Has it been sent to the printers?

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 24 Jul 2018
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I believe it went to the printers about 10 days ago, Alan is away on his holidays now. You could always e-mail details to him alan(@)rockfax(.)com, I guess there may be a chance to get it in if any corrections are needed.

Hope this helps,

Chris

OP Sl@te Head 24 Jul 2018
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Thanks

Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 29 Jul 2018
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Yes went to the printers a week or so ago now. Sorry.

OP Sl@te Head 29 Jul 2018
In reply to Mark Reeves:

Out of interest will the app version of the new slate guide be updated with new routes and if so how often?

In reply to Sl@te Head:

> Out of interest will the app version of the new slate guide be updated with new routes and if so how often?

Yes it will be. At the moment we are not quite sure how frequently though.

We are changing systems from the Apple App Store package system, which was a real pain to update, to our own server system delivering to subscription rather than packages. This gives us much more flexibility since we control the data rather than Apple, so we should be able to update it more quickly. What we are aiming for is the ability to update small bits of information rather than having to dump entire guidebook packages for one route line change (as we currently have to) however the technical solution will take some working out.

Probably a longer answer than you wanted.

Alan

OP Sl@te Head 29 Jul 2018
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Thanks for your reply, I guess only time will tell how frequently new routes will be added.

Have you ever considered a 'new routes page' on here on UKC?

In reply to Sl@te Head:

> Have you ever considered a 'new routes page' on here on UKC?

I have always resisted new routes pages in favour of ‘all routes’ pages, which is what Logbook is. This does mean that new routes don’t stand out though so maybe a new route flag highlighting anything that is less than 6 months old would be a possible solution.

Alan

OP Sl@te Head 30 Jul 2018
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

That sounds like a good idea, how about on the forum itself? It feels a bit naff to promote your own new routes, but without promoting / advertising them no one will know about them until the next guide is published which in some instances can take 30 years!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...