Loading Notifications...

Two column for layout for crag page

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

The new design of the crag/hill routes list seemed to be generally liked, with the most common issue that there was a lot of wasted space by having it full width on large screens.

I've now added the option to split the table into two columns (similar to how the 3 column design used to work). At the moment it is opt in, as there may be issues with it, but it might eventually be default for everyone. After clicking the '2 Column Layout' button next to the filter button, every crag you visit on that device will show in the 2 column layout. 

The 2 column layout will only be possible when the browser width is >=1200 pixels. So your browser using the whole window width on most laptops will be able to use this new layout. It can be reverted at any time by clicking the '1 Column Layout' button

As I mentioned, there may be a few bugs/glitches due to the way this has been implemented, hence it is still technically in beta mode. But please try it out and let me know what you think, along with any bugs you find.

For an example, check out  Burbage North and click the '2 Column Layout' button.

Andy Moles 11:12 Wed
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

Nice, looks much better on my laptop.

Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator UKC Supporter UKC Supporter 12:21 Wed
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

Is it not possible to fit all the columns onto one line?

If a route is both 'in the Rockfax app', and has 'more info' the route trips over into requiring 2 lines, whereas I still seem to have extra spare screen width available.

Neil

In reply to Neil Foster:

Yea was meant to have fixed that already, should show without breaking to new line now

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.