UKC

UKC Logbook Moderator\\\'s Thread 2017

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Please use this thread to post moderating requests, problem crags and suggestions. If you do post about a crag then please use the Logbooks 'Insert crag link...' box above the reply box so that a link is included which makes things lot easier to sort than if just a crag name is written.

Existing Moderators
If you moderate a crag but find yourself ignoring the update emails, or you have lost interest, or you have moved away then please could you remove yourself as moderator using the button at the base of the crag moderation page. Then reply to this thread with 'Crag Available' and the crag link inserted so that someone else can volunteer.

New Moderators
If you would like to moderate a crag, and feel you could do a better job than the current moderator, then reply to this thread with 'Crag Requested', the crag name and link so that we can arrange a switch if appropriate. We can now add second moderators to crags as well.

Thanks for everyone's help with UKC Logbook moderating. We are aware that this is sometimes a tiresome task and all your efforts are appreciated.

Alan

The previous UKC Moderator thread has got too big and has now been locked. Here it is for reference - https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rockfax/moderator_amnesty_2016-602132

Latest Thread
This thread has now got too big and is archived the latest thread is here: 
https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rockfax/ukc_logbook_moderators_thread_202...

static266 20 Apr 2017
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

I released various crags in the Coppermines valley after I left Coniston this winter. Did a bit of work cleaning up but didn't get round to adding all routes. If someone's in the area and has a Dow Crag guide (picked mine up on eBay) then there's some excellent rough esoteric rock about.

Great How Crag
Little How Crag
Kernel Crag
Grey Crag (Coppermines)
Sunlight Crag
Raven Tor (Coppermines)
 Toerag 20 Apr 2017

Can user Jimaye04 be added as a second moderator to all the Guernsey crags I moderate please? He's currently working on a new guidebook so it makes sense for him to be able to moderate stuff too.
 Toerag 20 Apr 2017
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

cool ta
 hands solo 20 Apr 2017

i would like to moderate this crag please if possible Coaley Wood Crag#maps Coaley Wood Crag many thanks
 craig h 20 Apr 2017

Not sure if this Rob's Rocks can also be called Robs Rocks in a search? Unless you remember the apostrophe it doesn't show in a search. Rob's Rocks#maps

The link to Upper Chew Brook Crags is redundant as all these crags have been recorded individually, no crags, routes or personal recordings made on this link. It could be removed to ease confusion. No match for crag id:942
In reply to hands solo:

> i would like to moderate this crag please if possible Coaley Wood Crag Coaley Wood Crag many thanks

Now added
 hands solo 20 Apr 2017

thanks you are a legand
 Rich Kirby 21 Apr 2017

Collegats (La Pobla de Segur)

Collegats isn't being kept up to date by the current mod. I have highlighted this to them but nothing has changed....can I be added as a 2nd mod & I'll tidy it up.

Out of interest, How does the star rating/ voting work. .....do the stars eventually ( automatically by the system?) get allocated to the route once there is a certain amount of votes. Equally if a route is consistently voted soft, say a full grade under the grade entered originally, then does the system react to this.....automatically. I'd imagine both of these situations are at the moderators behest.
In reply to Rich Kirby:

> Out of interest, How does the star rating & grade voting work...

Neither of these are automatically updated by the system. Only the crag mo moderators or UKC staff can change them. Any user can suggest an edit though and crag moderator will get an update asking to approve the change.
 rlrs 25 Apr 2017

Please could I be 2nd moderator on this crag:

Angelone - Valsassina

I have been in touch with the existing moderator and he is happy for me to do this.

Related topic: I suggested earlier to rationalise the plethora of "Lecco-something" areas to "Lecco & Como", several have been done but there is still one left, that I can find: "Lecco lago"

Thanks,

Richard
In reply to rlrs:

You've got it.

Crag requested:

Cown Edge

Cown Edge Rocks

The current moderator doesn't reply to emails so I'd say he's no longer interested.

Mr. Lee 26 Apr 2017

I'd be happy to be a second moderator for these:

Hallinds Klack
The routes are in a random order. There's actually three buttresses in separate locations so it would be good to add the the dividers and sort the ordering out.

Välseröd
Correct spelling is 'Välseröd'. The grades in the logbook are a mixture of UK, Nordic, and Nordic with UK tech grades so it would be good to correct everything to the grades in the fairly recent guidebook.

Mjønes
Holskogen
I added routes to these two crags but they have never been verified. Presume the moderators are no longer active so would be happy to sort.
In reply to Mr. Lee:

> I'd be happy to be a second moderator for these:

You got them.

Alan
In reply to Frank the Husky:

> Crag requested:Cown Edge Cown Edge RocksThe current moderator doesn't reply to emails so I'd say he's no longer interested.

Added as second moderator.

Alan
 Simon Caldwell 26 Apr 2017

I've just been into the logbook moderation page, and I've got several updates outstanding on 3 of "my" crags - but I've not had any emails about any of them (I double checked my spam folder to be sure). Is the emailing still working?
 jon 26 Apr 2017

Hi Alan, this is more about the moderator's job. If I add a new route to a crag I can't drag it into the correct position using Edge, I have to use the route numbers, which I find annoying. To drag it I have to use Chrome, which I've got but don't like. Any chance of fixing this? Thanks.
 Ally Smith 26 Apr 2017

Please add me as moderator to No match for crag id:3936 - either as sole moderator (spoken with Luke and he's got no problem with that) or as joint moderator.

Ta muchly
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Hi Simon, I'll have a dig and see if I can see what the problem is there.

The emails should be working again.
In reply to Ally Smith:

> Please add me as moderator to No match for crag id:3936 - either as sole moderator (spoken with Luke and he's got no problem with that) or as joint moderator.Ta muchly

Done
In reply to jon:

Hi Jon, I've just tried it in Edge version `14 and it looks to work OK so I've enabled drag'n'drop for that version and above.
 jon 26 Apr 2017

Great, it works fine. Thanks.
 craig h 26 Apr 2017
Just popping this one up again, as feel it makes sense. To find Rob's Rocks is not an easy task. Upper Chew Brook Crags is redundant too. Links on initial post.

"Not sure if this Rob's Rocks can also be called Robs Rocks in a search? Unless you remember the apostrophe it doesn't show in a search. Rob's Rocks#maps

The link to Upper Chew Brook Crags is redundant as all these crags have been recorded individually, no crags, routes or personal recordings made on this link. It could be removed to ease confusion. Upper Chew Brook Crags."
In reply to craig h:

Hi Craig, I missed this in the other thread.

I've deleted Upper Chew Brook Crags.

Both Rob's Rocks or Robs Rocks will work in the search now.

Crag available: Harborough Rocks

Davidwi 06 May 2017

Crag requested.
Wilton 3

I'd like to update this crag. Have messaged the moderator but he is perhaps busy. Don't mind helping out at second moderator.
If the moderator hasn't the time I don't mind moderating this crag.
In reply to Davidwi:

You've got it, although everything looks to be up to date.
 AliGilmour 10 May 2017

Crag requested: Struie Hill Crag

Struie

Have added descriptions for all the routes but moderator hasn't updated, maybe he's busy but would be happy just to be a second moderator

Cheers
 PLM 10 May 2017
Crag Requested.
https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=17822

Happy to be a second moderator just to sort these out.

Thanks
Post edited at 17:30
In reply to AliGilmour and PLM:

You both got those now

Alan
 SenzuBean 10 May 2017

Suggestion: UI change to show whether a route is trad or sport for routes graded with YDS grades.
e.g. Dog Day Afternoon (5.9) - how is one supposed to know from that page?
 rhudson 10 May 2017

Larrick Woods

I went here today and added a few problems. I was wondering if I could moderate this crag as it's nearby and the descriptions need sorting out. I don't think that the moderator is active at the moment. Happy to be corrected if that is the case.
Rich
In reply to rhudson:

You've got it.
In reply to SenzuBean:

This is on the ToDo list. Cheers, Paul.
 SenzuBean 17 May 2017

> This is on the ToDo list. Cheers, Paul.

Awesome thanks
 Andy Chubb 19 May 2017

I have been in touch with Dan, the moderator for Leonidio, and he is happy for me to become a second moderator for the area.

Thanks
In reply to Andy Chubb:

added you as second moderator.

Alan
 rhudson 20 May 2017

Thanks
 TimB 20 May 2017

Claret

Not sure how this has happened, but this buttress name is correct in the RF database, and missing an 'o' in the ukc logbook : https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/modbuttress.php?id=28410

A small thing, but it makes the difference between a Manu Chao song and a device for smoking dope. Although both are probably appropriate for the history of the crag, could you change "Bong" to "Bongo" on ukc please?
 Captain Solo 28 May 2017
Crag requested

Hell's Lum

Needs a bit of work
 BelleVedere 21 Jun 2017

Crag Request

Path Crag

Cheers
In reply to BelleVedere:

> Crag Request

Added as second moderator

Alan
 kristian Global Crag Moderator 23 Jun 2017

Excalibur (7b+) Water-cum-Jolly

Hi, I have reported a major grade discrepancy on numerous occasions to change the grade and description of this route as it is now fully bolted. Still syncing to Rockfax and shows E6 etc.

The Day of the Long Knives (7b+)[crag(10866,"Chee Dale Lower")

Also this is now fully bolted at 7b+

Sorry perhaps the logbook editor has been away or the message wasn't getting through. No rush.
In reply to kristian:

> Hi, I have reported a major grade discrepancy on numerous occasions to change the grade and description of this route as it is now fully bolted. Still syncing to Rockfax and shows E6 etc.

Hi Kris

Thanks for this. Not seen any other reports although I was fully aware of this change. However I wanted to wait until the development on Moat Buttress had finished when I will produce an update for the app package and sync all the new routes and grades across the Rf and UKC databases.

I have updated that route for the time being although this does cause a syncing problem with the app which is why we don't do it instantly every time.

Alan

Thanks Alan
Can't think of much more development possibility, a few perhaps. Your own route Two Sheep has just recently been rebolted and Yeti could be next.
 SenzuBean 27 Jun 2017

Crag Requested: Murrin Park (looks like there are requests to add routes that date back to September 2016 that are unfulfilled)
 mrphilipoldham 27 Jun 2017

Crag requested Laddow. Current moderator banned I think? Lots of climbs on lower tier not listed.
In reply to SenzuBean:

You've got it.
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

You've got it.
 Captain Solo 27 Jun 2017

Crag request
Hell's Lum
needs a bit of work
In reply to mrphilipoldham: Are you who I think you are? Whatever the case, I fancy another trip up there soon to check out the lower tier. Give me a shout if you're going anytime soon.

mrphilipoldham 27 Jun 2017
In reply to Frank the Husky:

That depends on who you think I am, but quite possibly! I'm away 1st-13th July and nothing on the work front that'd be too intrusive but pretty flexible outside those dates so I'm up for a trip whenever the weather plays ball.
 GrahamUney 27 Jun 2017

Crags requested:

Black Crag (Borrowdale)
Quayfoot Buttress (Borrowdale)

Also, can someone amend the name of Leopard's Crawl on Dow Crag so that it comes up properly in searches?

Many thanks,

Graham
 13n480 28 Jun 2017

Can the following routes currently shown in the crag North Glash, be moved to the crag The Red Tower Area, under a new buttress The Sea-Quarries.

Hobnobs
Django
The Great Traverse
Not So Bad
Not So Good
South Buttress Direct
Left Edge Route

(These are not new routes, and are recorded in the guide North East Outcrops.)
 PeteWilson 28 Jun 2017

Crag request Bosley Cloud Bosley Cloud

John Read has moved up north and asked me to take over moderating but hasn't got around to making the swap yet
 rlrs 14 Jul 2017

Could I be added as joint moderator to this crag please:

Melchsee Frutt

There are about 100 or so climbs to be added, and I feel that the existing moderator (who I have engaged with in correspondence from time to time) has contributed enough with his superb photographs already, and should be spared on this occasion such drudgery.
In reply to Captain Solo:

You've got it.
In reply to GrahamUney:

You've got them and I've sorted Leopard's Crawl.

Can you use the crag/climb links in the post in future please?

Black Crag (Borrowdale)
Quayfoot Buttress
In reply to PeteWilson:

You've got it.
In reply to rlrs:

You've got it.
 Spengler 01 Aug 2017

Can I get added as the 2nd moderator on Pen Trwyn. Some retrobolting/NWL guide etc updates needed.

Thanks,
In reply to Spengler:

You've got it Pen Trwyn
 Will Hunt 03 Aug 2017

Can I have joint moderatorship of the Ilkley Buckstones? I'd like to update the names in line with the new guide.
 Andy Moles 04 Aug 2017

Not a moderator issue per se, but I can't find the Rätikon or any of the routes there in the logbooks. I could have sworn I have before, has the crag been deleted or am I missing it somehow? It seems unlikely somewhere so famous was never added.
 Luke90 12 Aug 2017

Please could I be joint moderator on Iron Age Fort in Pembrokeshire? It's out of order, has loads of unconfirmed additions and grades need updating to reflect a more recent guide.
 Giles Davis 12 Aug 2017

Hi Alan,

Just letting you know that the "Carbon Slab" at Rhossili Upper Crags has two entries in the log books. One is under the title "Carbon Slab" and the other is under "Trial Wall Area". Is it possible you could combine the two under (I would suggest) the "Trial Wall Area" crag and alert the guy who is currently the "Carbon Slab" moderator? I think he or someone else has added Carbon Slab as a separate crag as they were unaware that it was under Trial Wall Area.

Cheers
Giles
 cat22 15 Aug 2017

Crag requested: Donner Summit

Needs many climbs to be approved and subdividing into separate crags.
 kristian Global Crag Moderator 16 Aug 2017

Warhead (6c+) Water-cum-Jolly

Sox (E5 6b) Water-cum-Jolly

La Route (7a) Water-cum-Jolly

Egyptian Bizarre (7a+) Chee Dale Lower

The Day of the Long Knives (7b+) Chee Dale Lower

All these routes have had their old bolts and fixed gear replaced by the Peak Bolt Fund.
I have tried on numerous occasions to change the grade of these lines and a couple of the lines are getting a lot of attention.
I am aware you have had problems syncing with the app.
In reply to cat22:

You've got it.
In reply to Luke90:

You got it. Can you insert the logbook link next time please? Iron Age Fort

Thanks, Paul.
In reply to Giles Davis:

I've merged that into Trial Wall Area Thanks
 Luke90 16 Aug 2017

Thanks. Sorry for the lack of link.
In reply to Andy Moles:

Hi Andy, I'm afraid I've never heard of it. I can't find anything matching a similar spelling.
 Andy Moles 16 Aug 2017

Silbergeier, WoGu...? And some cool stuff for normal humans. Doesn't matter, if I want it I can add it.
 jon 16 Aug 2017
In reply to Andy Moles:

Probably under the name of one of the peaks rather than the Rätikon range. Try Kirchlispitze?
 Luke90 16 Aug 2017

I've updated Iron Age Fort as much as I can.

Can I also suggest that No match for crag id:22662 should be deleted? The most recent guide (2016 Pembroke Rock) treats Arch Zawn as a buttress of Iron Age Fort, which seems logical given the shared approach. Iron Age Fort's listing on UKC includes all the Arch Zawn routes whereas the current No match for crag id:22662 listing only includes a couple of them (unconfirmed and only logged by one person each).
 DerwentDiluted 17 Aug 2017

Could you look into this apparent duplication;

No match for crag id:15899 and Crow Stones

I currently moderate the latter.
 kristian Global Crag Moderator 17 Aug 2017
In reply to kristian:

> All these routes have had their old bolts and fixed gear replaced by the Peak Bolt Fund.

> I have tried on numerous occasions to change the grade of these lines and a couple of the lines are getting a lot of attention.

> I am aware you have had problems syncing with the app.

Anyone like to reply to this? Would at least like to know that it has been noted.
In reply to Luke90:

Thanks, sorted that out.
In reply to kristian:

Hi Kristan, sorry Alan's been away for the last few weeks. I'm not sure what the issue was before but I'll chat to him when he's back about it next week .

Cheers, Paul.
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

I've merged it into the crag you moderate.
 GarethSL 21 Aug 2017

What happened to the routes here?

Hesthåggån

The ones that have been recorded and logged but don't really have a formal name as they aren't in any guidebook now just feature a "?". They are legitimate ice lines so are worth keeping here.

Also "Hesthåggaben" can be removed from the crag name or changed to "Hesthåggabekken" but I remember we had some issue with that name before.
 Rich Kirby 22 Aug 2017

Gorges du Tarn

Request to be 2nd mod. Needs updating with new guide.
Thanks
In reply to Rich Kirby:

> Request to be 2nd mod. Needs updating with new guide.

> Thanks

There you go.

Cheers
 yodadave 28 Aug 2017

Crag Requested

Looking Glass

Looking Glass Rock

yodadave 28 Aug 2017

Crag Requested

Rumbling Bald

Rumbling Bald#maps
In reply to yodadave:

I've added you to both of those.
Looking Glass Rock
Rumbling Bald
Post edited at 11:00
 Donotello 31 Aug 2017
Hi Alan.

There's a small beach slab in my hometown, Pilchard Cove

Bolted by unknown persons with no available correct route info, bolts and lower offs missing due to rockfall a few years ago, leaving them unclimbable, never been maintained or repaired. I plan to add new bolts and lower offs, do some cleaning, and organise the route names, create a rough topo. No response from the Logbook F.A when contacted last year, and i don't know the local mod, many climbs never being verified, so wondering if it's easier if i can have the toolbox for the crag, if any issues arise in future i'd be willing to negotiate obviously.
Post edited at 16:41
Crag Requested

The following need a bit of updating;
North Buttress/Cambridge Crag
Auchinstarry Quarry
Ben Loyal
Rosa Slabs
Macleod's Maidens
Suidhe Biorach
& Goatfell (Arran)

I would be happy to help with moderation duties for all of these.
Post edited at 09:55
 scragrock 03 Sep 2017

Crag Requested
Backstage Boulder

Has never been had any info. Not checked in 7 years.

Thanks
 scragrock 03 Sep 2017

Crag Requested
Oldshoremore Boulders#maps

No info and not checked in 7 years.
 Donotello 03 Sep 2017
In reply to Donotello:
Further to the above, have fixed broken routes, and bolted 2 new routes at the requested crag, it appears no one else is maintaining there and I don't think the local mod has visited.

Also need to change the trad grades to sport as most routes are fully bolted.

Edit: Mod not active for 8 years.
Post edited at 09:52
 Mark Kemball 06 Sep 2017
In reply to Donotello:

You need to talk to Pete Saunders ( Kafoozalem on here) as he is presently working on the new South Devon guide.
 Mark Kemball 06 Sep 2017

Please could you add BBS as a second mod to Maer Cliff (aka Northcott Mouth)

In reply to Mark Kemball:

done
 scragrock 10 Sep 2017

Crag Request -
Backstage Boulder#overview

May i please take over as Moderator as there is NO info for this Boulder and it has not been updated in 7 years. Thank you.
 SenzuBean 11 Sep 2017

Chinese Mountains - I'd like to moderate this crag. Also not sure if I can do it or not, but it needs renaming to 'Chinese Mountains' as per the latest guidebook (Eagle crag is a buttress of the whole Chinese Mountains area)
 SenzuBean 11 Sep 2017

I may as well also take West Chief - updates from last year haven't been applied.
In reply to SenzuBean:

All those added as second moderators.

Alan
 SenzuBean 11 Sep 2017

I was accidentally added to Backstage Boulder I removed myself.
I still need adding to Chinese Mountains

Cheers
In reply to Samuel Wainwright:

> Crag Requested

> The following need a bit of updating;

> & Goatfell (Arran)

> I would be happy to help with moderation duties for all of these.

Hello,
Would somebody be able to deal with my above crag request?
Thanks!
Sam
 scragrock 13 Sep 2017

Could Stupopsicle please be added as co-Moderator for-

Backstage Boulder
Droman Pier
Old Road Boulders
Barry Valley

Thank you

I've added you to those.
In reply to scragrock:

I've added you to those.
 scragrock 14 Sep 2017

No not me....i already moderate these.

Please can you add -
Stupopsicle
as co-Moderator

Thank you.
In reply to scragrock: Doh, sorted that.
 Graeme Hammond 19 Sep 2017

went to Scout today, the crag page needs a good tidy up, can you make me moderator or co-moderator

thanks

graeme
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

You've got it.
 Graeme Hammond 25 Sep 2017

went to Becks bay No match for crag id:3506a few weeks ago, this needs merging and sorting as some duplication with No match for crag id:22663
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

Should Scoop Wall be in Beck's Bay?
 Milesy 27 Sep 2017

I'm also happy to moderate auchinstarry. I don't log much here but I'm still lurking and climb at auchinstarry regularly.
In reply to Milesy:

You're added. Cheers.
 Colin Moody 09 Oct 2017

Could you please move the last two routes here Erraid Crags to here Eilean Dubh#overview

You might want to add No match for crag id:18953#overview and No match for crag id:18953#overview to Scoor#overview

Thanks
 sparkass 09 Oct 2017

Crag Requested: Squamish Chief

Please. Thanks.
 Colin Moody 09 Oct 2017

Urchin Slab in place of the second Creag Tearmainn!
In reply to sparkass:

> Crag Requested: West Chief

Hi

That crag has two moderators at the moment and appears to be well moderated. Is there something specific you want to add? Are the moderators not responding?

Alan

In reply to Colin Moody:

> Could you please move the last two routes here Erraid Crags to here Eilean Dubh#overview

Erraid is a single listing for the whole area so it would be better just to create a divider for the Eileen Dubh. Crag Moderators can add locations to the Dividers which is needed on this listing to locate all the individual crags.

> You might want to add No match for crag id:18953#overview and No match for crag id:18953#overview to Scoor#overview

Those are moved although your to references were the same crag. Was there another one that you meant?

Alan
 Colin Moody 11 Oct 2017

> Those are moved although your to references were the same crag. Was there another one that you meant?

> Alan

Yes, Urchin Slab in my second post above. Thanks.
 mark20 04 Nov 2017

Please could you add me as a moderator for Crowden Great Quarry as there are a few new boulder problems to add

Can I pass on:

Albard di Bard,
Palestra Hans Marguerettaz,
Corte,
Rocce di Loreto.
In reply to mark20:

> Please could you add me as a moderator for Crowden Great Quarry as there are a few new boulder problems to add

Added
 Mr. Lee 12 Nov 2017

I reckon it would be a good idea to merge all of the below pages into the Aiguille d'Argentiere logbook as buttresses, since they are part of that massif. Currently the logbook organisation looks a bit confusing, since some points/pinnacles have their own page and some don't. The above page is getting used for 'leftovers' consequently.

No match for crag id:19151
No match for crag id:17564
No match for crag id:2109
No match for crag id:24844

Also, I'm sure there are people more familiar than me with this area, so if they want to take over moderation then be my guest
 Simon Caldwell 13 Nov 2017

currently has two moderators, but a load of unapproved changes. I've just come back and need to make some more changes, including adding 2 new sectors, can a crag have 3 moderators?!
 Andy Chubb 13 Nov 2017

'Leonidio currently has two moderators, but a load of unapproved changes. I've just come back and need to make some more changes, including adding 2 new sectors, can a crag have 3 moderators?!'

Alan, do the notifications of changes only go to the first (primary?) moderator? I am the second moderator for Leonidio but am not getting any change notifications.

Following Simon's message I'll get to work!
In reply to Andy Chubb:

Cheers. I'll be adding a few more updates for you over the next few days
In reply to Andy Chubb:

> do the notifications of changes only go to the first (primary?) moderator?

Having just checked a crag that I'm 2nd moderator for I think the answer to that question is Yes.
 Andy Chubb 13 Nov 2017

So a suggestion for Alan is that notifications are sent to all moderators for a crag.

I've done a lot of work on Leonidio, adding crags, getting routes located on the right crags in the right order, and the last time I looked it was in pretty good shape, (except for the mysterious sector pomegranate - I don;t know where that is). However I see now there's a lot more changes to be made which I will crack on with, but if you want to be added as a 3rd moderator then I have no problem with that Simon. Thanks
 dannyboy83 Global Crag Moderator 14 Nov 2017
In reply to Andy Chubb:

I've removed myself and added Simon as 2nd moderator as you guys probably have more up-to-date info than me! Thanks
 Dandan 14 Nov 2017

Crag Request:
Could you add/replace me as a moderator for Margalef - Zona del Panta North please?
I recently got the brand new guidebook and there are several entirely new sectors as well as extra routes on existing crags.
I'd also like to split the crags onto several pages as it will now be well over 1000 routes on a single page, i'm open to suggestions on how best to do this, splitting it into 60+ separate crag pages might be a bit much, but at the very least dividing it into 2 pages for the two main valleys would make things easier to navigate.
 Dandan 23 Nov 2017

Any response to the above request..?
In reply to Dandan:

Sorry, missed your message, you're added.

Max Hangs 24 Nov 2017

Crag requested: Win Hill

Current mod is not responding
 Iain Thow 24 Nov 2017

Can you merge No match for crag id:23685 into Mount Katahdin and make me joint moderator (currently mod for Hamlin only). Hamlin is really just a subsidiary top of Katahdin, with one major cliff face on each of them. Some routes in the database under Katahdin are actually on Hamlin (and Hamlin summit is in under Katahdin), and it seems more logical to treat the 2 cliffs as separate buttresses on the same mountain.

Mark Kemball 27 Nov 2017

Minor problem (I hope) if I click on logbooks, then moderate crags, it goes to a page asking with "login" top right instead of "user" and I cannot get to my list of crags and updates needed (as it was last time I tried this to check for updates etc.). Logging in from that page does not solve the problem.
 Chris the Tall 27 Nov 2017

Problem appears to be fixed

Another issue I've just had (and been in touch with UKC about) is that any text in <chevrons> gets lost. Using [Square Brackets] works fine.

(I'm curious to how they handled in a forum post)
 Mark Kemball 27 Nov 2017
In reply to Chris the Tall:

So it is, thanks to whoever fixed it.
In reply to Iain Thow:

That's done.
 Andy Moles 28 Nov 2017

Can I edit No match for crag id:6881 please?
In reply to Andy Moles:

You've got it

Jonathan Emett 08 Dec 2017

Hi can I be co-moderator for sella (benidorm) pls, I have a number of routes to add and some to put in the right place (they are my routes)

ta
 dannyboy83 Global Crag Moderator 09 Dec 2017
In reply to Jonathan Emett:

Work away Jonathan!
 Rich Kirby 31 Dec 2017

Crag 2nd mod request.

Alquezar

Lots of new information to add in/update
 scott titt 01 Jan 2018
Can you merge No match for crag id:23770 with Rocca di Cerriolo, using the Rocca name but keeping the info from Parco?
 Monk 02 Jan 2018

Please could you add RichsmithinBristol as moderator for the following Avon crags? He's going to take over from me/update according to the new guide.

Avon Gorge (Suspension Bridge Area)No match for crag id:46 Avon Gorge (Main Area)No match for crag id:30 Avon Gorge (Sea Walls Area)

Thanks
In reply to Rich Kirby:

Done
In reply to scott titt:

Done

Crag requested, could you make joint moderator for San Bartolo. In the Cadiz area, Spain, sorry would post a link, but I am using my phone and its not letting me copy and past
In reply to michael burrows:

Added: San Bartolo

Captain Solo 08 Jan 2018

Crag requested - Liathach Liathach - Spidean a' Choire Leith
Needs a bit of maintenance
Thanks

You've got it. Thanks for the help.

Matadoors 11 Jan 2018

Crag Requested - The Ghost Cave - The Ghost Cave (Treaddur Bay)

Current approach notes suggest accessing the crag via private property, this needs updating to prevent access issues / annoyance to landowner.  

In reply to Matadoors:

Crag requested,  Hi

could i be made joint moderator for BENAOJAN

Benaojan

thanks

kristian Global Crag Moderator 13 Jan 2018

Raven's Foot Buttress

Hi Alan,

This crag is moderated by a band user so I can't email them to let me take it on. The crag currently has no routes entered on the database so I don't know why anyone would want to moderate it anyhow. I am planning on giving it a Lammergeyer treatment. A bunch of bouldery routes on solid looking rock.

Mr. Lee 14 Jan 2018

I think my post from 12th November got overlooked. Re Aiguille d'Argentiere. 

Now added as second moderator 

Benaojan

In reply to kristian:

Thanks Kris, I have removed him from moderator for any crag.

Alan

In reply to Mr. Lee:

Sorry. That has now been done.

Aiguille d'Argentiere

Andy Moles 18 Jan 2018

Crag requested: Aonach Mor

In reply to Andy Moles:

> Crag requested: Aonach Mor

Crag requested,  Hi

could i be made joint moderator for BENAOJAN

Benaojan

i was added, but looks like i have since been removed

You are the 2nd mod for Benaojan, try refreshing the page if you don't see the link at the top.

Giles Davis 01 Feb 2018

Hi Alan,

as a moderator are we able to merge duplicate climbs or is that something you need to do?

cheers

Giles 

Colin Moody 01 Feb 2018

I get this e-mail every two or three months. 

CRAG 'Erraid Crags':
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/moderate.html?crag=10387
Update 'The Dog's Doo Daa'

I don't see anything needing updated.

Mark Kemball 01 Feb 2018
In reply to Giles Davis:

If you start to delete one of the climbs, it will prompt you to transfer the logbook entries.

In reply to Colin Moody:

> I get this e-mail every two or three months. 

> CRAG 'Erraid Crags':http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/moderate.html?crag=10387Update 'The Dog's Doo Daa'

> I don't see anything needing updated.

I do. Someone has commented that the name is spelt wrong and another feedback is about where the crag is. Bottom of the second column.

This link should open for you - https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/modclimb.php?id=25585 - but not others.

Alan

In reply to Giles Davis:

See Mark's reply - try and delete it and it will prompt to move the ticks if there are any.

If the duplicates are on different crag entries then a super-moderator needs to move the routes to the same crag entry first. Often this is a symptom of a duplicated crag entry as well though which is also a super-moderator job.

Alan

Giles Davis 01 Feb 2018

Ok, cheers both.

Colin Moody 01 Feb 2018

OK I see it now thanks.

I've corrected his spelling but couldn't move the routes he put in the wrong place.

The Dogs Doo Dah (E1 5b) and Sword of Damocles (E2 5c)

should be here

Eilean Dubh#overview

mark20 02 Feb 2018

Please can you add me as a moderator to Holmfirth Cliff please. There is some new bouldering to add in.

bpmclimb 04 Feb 2018

This crag seems to have three entries, all apparently identical (all have the same moderator)

Cwmaman

In reply to Colin Moody:

Sorted now

In reply to mark20:

Added

In reply to bpmclimb:

> This crag seems to have three entries, all apparently identical (all have the same moderator)

> Cwmaman

Don't follow. Where are the other entries?

Alan

bpmclimb 05 Feb 2018

> Don't follow. Where are the other entries?

When I "search by crag name" I get three options, one of which is titled slightly differently. I now assume they all lead to the same page; but that wasn't obvious at first.

Brian

Captain Solo 09 Feb 2018

Hi Alan could I be second moderator for the two Beinn Alligin crags please?

No match for crag id:2391

thanks

You've got them.

Cheers.

Andy Moles 15 Feb 2018

I noticed the classic scramble / poor weather mountaineering classic The Zig Zags on Gearr Aonach is duplicated across two crags on here:

Gearr Aonach: No match for climb id:225550, No match for climb id:248358, No match for climb id:352122

No match for crag id:475: Zig Zags (Winter) (I), Zig Zags Direct (III)

It doesn't really matter which one it goes in as it's close to the change of aspect on the hill, East Face is probably technically more correct.

In reply to Andy Moles:

Sorted although I made a bit of a boo-boo and some people who had logged summer ascents of Zig-Zag will now be showing them as winter. Apologies.

Alan

Iain Thow 19 Feb 2018

Y Garn is a bit of a jumble, with several duplicated routes, as well as the East, North East and North North East ridges/spurs all being the same route. Can you make me second mod and I'll tidy it up a bit.

Cheers, Iain

Mike-W-99 26 Feb 2018

Hi Alan. Just sorting out  Creag Coire an Dothaidh.

School Daze (II 3) and all 5 of its ticks should be moved to  Beinn Dorain and merged with the existing entry and its 4 ticks.

Thanks. Mike.

In reply to Mike-W-99:

Sorted

Mike-W-99 26 Feb 2018

Thanks Paul, looks good.

Captain Solo 27 Feb 2018

Could you please amalgamate No match for climb id:63144 with the existing Being Alligin Complete Ridge Traverse (I/II) and delete the former please.

also can No match for climb id:196240 Be moved to  crag.

Can No match for climb id:217707 be amalgamated with Pinnacle Ridge (Summer) (D) and delete the former.

finally can I be added as moderator for  Sgurr nan Gillean

That's all!

cheers.

Mike-W-99 27 Feb 2018

You can actually do the 1st one yourself as I see your the moderator.

Delete traverse and it'll ask if you wish to move the ticks.

Post edited at 19:34
 Captain Solo 28 Feb 2018
In reply to Mike-W-99:

Didn't know, cheers for that.

All done. As mentioned, you can combine routes in a single crag, you just can't move them between crags.

Alan

Alex the Alex 13 Mar 2018

Hi Allan,

Would I be able to be added as second moderator for the Kishorn Boulders? Happy to clear them up, sort them out. 

Kishorn Boulders

Thanks,

Alex

In reply to Alex the Alex:

Added

Alan

Alex the Alex 14 Mar 2018

Hi Allan,

I had a chat with the moderator for the glen nevis bouldering pages. I thought it might be an idea to merge the pages for bouldering into one Nevis Bouldering crag page then put pins for each boulder on the map. Punk Punk felt that could work. Might make it less cluttered/more accessible.

Would it be possible to merge the following?

Nevis Bouldering

No match for crag id:9375

No match for crag id:9953

No match for crag id:10617

No match for crag id:10615

No match for crag id:10616

The bouldering from  Whale Rock, Glen Nevis

No match for crag id:10619

if so could I share moderation and Il sort them out, add missing areas and add details for each boulder etc

Thanks,

Alex

Is there one of those crags in particular that you think they should all be moved to?

Probably Heather Hat or the Camerone Stone. They are the two main bouldering sectors in the glen. But would it then be possible to change the name of the crag? 

Voila:  Nevis Bouldering (you might need to refresh the crag page to see the update)

Post edited at 13:06

Brilliant. thanks Paul. Il sort through it over the next few days.

Cheers,

Alex

Giles Davis 22 Mar 2018

Hi Paul,

can you make me jointvmoderator for Taffs Well main please? 

Cheers

giles

Esoterical 25 Mar 2018

Can you make me joint moderator with goi ashmore for Ferndale Quarry (Rhondda Cynon Taff).

Cheers.

In reply to Esoterical:

You've got it:  Ferndale.

Post edited at 16:30
 Ally Smith 28 Mar 2018

Please can you give me access to moderate Pigeon's Cave - JayK has given me permission to takeover via email.

Ta,

Ally

Dale Turrell 28 Mar 2018

Bonehill Rocks

I can do some tidying up of Bone Hill if you could add me as a 2nd moderator.  Cheers!

Mark Kemball 02 Apr 2018

Changing grades? With new definitive guides coming out, it seems appropriate to change the grades - does this mean previous votes will be lost?

BTphonehome 02 Apr 2018

Crag requested  Teverga

jon 08 Apr 2018

This crag No match for crag id:21286 is a duplicate of this The Blue Grotto and should be merged. The 'Blue Grotto' is the definitive one. 

In reply to jon:

I've merged those 2. Cheers.

Mark Kemball 11 Apr 2018

Please could I be added as second mod to  Westcott Wattle 

You've got it.

Mark Kemball 11 Apr 2018

Thanks.

rhudson 18 Apr 2018

Can I have Leather Tor please? I have emailed firemunki and he has been in contact and is in agreement. If you’d rather put me on as a second moderator that would be fine.

Thanks

Rich

New Moderator -  North Third

Not been updated since 2011.. 

rhudson 20 Apr 2018

Crag requested Leather Tor

Big Bruva 21 Apr 2018
In reply to rhudson:

Lots of interest for moderating crags. Can someone please explain what this involves. Thanks.

In reply to Big Bruva:

Hi, there's some details here: https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/help2.html

It's basically approving submissions of new climbs added to the crag and putting them in the right place in in the climbs list.

rlrs 27 Apr 2018

Crags Requested:

Sasso Bianco

Aateräste

Plenty of climbs to be added in both cases.

jon 29 Apr 2018

Eldorado Canyon Eldorado Canyon sector Bastille is duplicated and needs merging.

Post edited at 10:19
In reply to jon:

I've sorted those out.

Luke90 10 May 2018

Crag requested:

Please could I be made joint moderator on  Pleasley Vale? I'd like to get it up to date with the latest guide (BMC Peak Limestone South).

GarethSL 11 May 2018

Can I get  Kaldklova please? Need to organise the routes and update some of the descriptions.

In reply to GarethSL:

Sure, you're on there.

GarethSL 11 May 2018

Thanks!

Luke90 11 May 2018

<feeling ignored, waving hand desperately>

Pleasley Vale, please?

rhudson 12 May 2018

Crag requested Trewethet Cliff

I have emailed Mark Kemball about sharing this to put the routes in order etc. 

I have also requested Leather Tor and have emailed the current moderator who said that I could have it. Leather Tor

Rich

In reply to Luke90:

Sorry, I didn't see your message. I've added you to  Pleasley Vale

In reply to rhudson:

You're on there.

Toerag 13 May 2018

Moderator addition request - add users 'Tophe' and 'Bargate_champ' as moderators to the following crags in Guernsey please:-

Red Lion Bouldering, Vale Castle, Homptolle (bouldering), Beaucette, Nid L'herbe,  Fort Doyle,Fort Le Marchant, Fort Pembroke, Bouldering Circuit, The Tip, Rousse, The Knife,  Pecqueries Boulder, Port Soif, Grandes Rocques (Boulder Gulley), Fairy Ring (Bouldering), Les Tielles, Petit Bot, Moulin Huet, Doyle Rock, & Jerbourg Bouldering. 

One or other of them are often moderators for the relevant crag already. They're going to look after the bouldering problem moderation for those crags. Many thanks in advance.

In reply to Toerag:

I'm replying so I've got links to the users and crags. I'll sort this out today.

Post edited at 09:25
 rhudson 14 May 2018

I have Trewethet Cliff and have made a start on updating it. I don’t have Leather Tor yet though.

Rich

In reply to rhudson:

You're added.

Toerag 16 May 2018

Thanks Paul. Whilst you're at it, I've just tried updating the description for the Jersey and Guernsey guidebook and it tells me I can't because my IP has been used to send spam. I can still post on the forums though.

rhudson 16 May 2018

Thanks

The Reaper 17 May 2018

Wildcat needs sorting out. Can I spend some time on it please?

Post edited at 17:33
 her_t6 18 May 2018

Hi,

Can you make me mod of  Mauchline Gorge .

Cheers,

Mike Peacock 19 May 2018

Crag available: RAC Boulders

I took on RAC Boulders years ago when I was relatively local and the page was a mess. Now I'm very much non-local, and someone has just flooded the page with updates from the new North Wales Bouldering guide which I don't own so can't check.

Rocky 15 Jun 2018

crag request,  Omis Could I be added as a moderator? 

Been climbing here for a couple of weeks and would like to update some descriptions.

Toerag 15 Jun 2018

> I'm replying so I've got links to the users and crags. I'll sort this out today.

Did you forget about this (a few posts up)?

Andy Moles 17 Jun 2018

Can I be added as a second moderator for  Neist? It's very extensive and there is a lot to be added.

In reply to Andy Moles:

You're added.

In reply to Toerag:

Ooops, sorry. I'll sort this today.

The Reaper 19 Jun 2018
In reply to The Reaper:

Second call for Wildcat please Wildcat

Post edited at 13:31
In reply to The Reaper:

You already are the 2nd moderator for Wildcat, maybe you need to refresh the crag page?

In reply to Toerag:

Sorted that.

Dale Turrell 20 Jun 2018

Crag Requested: Bone Hill Rocks

Bonehill Rocks

The Reaper 20 Jun 2018

Ah, right thanks.

In reply to Dale Turrell:

You're added.

Dale Turrell 22 Jun 2018

Thanks!

tjekel 23 Jun 2018

Could you please integrate the southern Krk / Croatia crags into one crag and include the current descriptions of crags as sector descriptions?

This new crag "Baska" should include -

No match for crag id:16718

No match for crag id:16746

No match for crag id:19717

Baska

No match for crag id:17107

I'm happy to stay on as moderator.

Thnks in advance!

Post edited at 07:37
In reply to tjekel:

I'll merge them all into one of the crags listed above. Can you suggest which one should be host please for the merge please?

tjekel 27 Jun 2018

Please merge them in Baska Sea Bag.

In reply to tjekel:

They're merged:  Baska

Luke90 28 Jun 2018

Please could I be added to  Intake Quarry and  Wildcat as joint moderator. I'd like to update them according to the new Peak Limestone South.

tjekel 28 Jun 2018

Thanks!

Toerag 28 Jun 2018

> Sorted that.

Thanks Paul

Luke90 29 Jun 2018

Thanks

Crag Requested

Goats Crag, Watendlath 

Goats Crag

Dovehole Boulders

Dovehole Boulders

Happy to moderate or be a second moderator for these two crags. Live within a mile of them both and would like to update the descriptions and correct some wrong route information. Cheers, Cam

In reply to CameronDotSmith:

Sorry for double links!

Please could I moderate North Third? Its not been updated since 2011.

Thanks 

Crag Requested

North Third

Sorry for the repeat post, didn't read you had to write 'crag requested' until after I wrote it!

Cheers

Sam

Post edited at 10:38
 Sid Sherborne 06 Jul 2018

Crag Requested

Hi there, can I please be added as a second moderator to Cademan Wood and Broad Hill? I'd like to tidy up the problems, add dividers to separate them into the different areas, and add GPS coordinates for easier navigation of the woods.

No match for crag id:22048 also needs merging with the above crag page as it only contains duplicate problems.

Cheers!

You've got them.

You've got it

In reply to Sid Sherborne:

Added you and merged that other crag with it.

n-stacey 09 Jul 2018

Hi,

I would like to moderate Harland Edge in the Peak.

Cheers

Nigel.

Sorry Paul it must have linked the wrong Goats Crag. I meant this one (Northumberland), not the Cumbria one.

Goats Crag

Sorted. Cheers.

alek 11 Jul 2018

Would I be able to take over the following crags in the blue mountains that need a bit of updating:

Bell Crag

Boronia Point

Bardens Lookout

Diamond Falls

Dam Cliffs

Porters Pass

Thanks

In reply to alek:

Thanks, I've added you.

climber34neil 13 Jul 2018

Hi , crag requested , please can I volunteer for rheinstor (alport), either in place of the current moderator or in addition to.

In reply to climber34neil:

You got it  Rheinstor

Alan

Mike-W-99 18 Jul 2018

I added a crag a few years ago named according to the guidebook I had -  Contreforts de Roche Robert

Then noticed this today which duplicates it - No match for crag id:3675

Can you move the routes from the latter crag and I'll sort it out.

Thanks, Mike.

In reply to Mike-W-99:

That's merged Mike.

Cheers.

Mike-W-99 21 Jul 2018

Thanks Paul, all sorted now (despite one guidebook having different names for some of the routes)

Heres a thought, I know it doesn't happen often but having an alias name for crags & climbs would be a useful addition.

In reply to Mike-W-99:

We usually just stick the alias in brackets at the end. Not ideal but means it shows up the in the searches.

Mike-W-99 21 Jul 2018

Thanks, if thats how it works then great, I'll do the necessary. This particular crag is covered by one swiss and at least two or more french guides and they just don't agree on the names (despite them being painted on at the bottom of the routes!)

climber34neil 21 Jul 2018

Hi,

Thanks for that, just out of interest, I've noticed that I haven't been added as moderator on the crag page and how I go about checking routes etc and updating the page for the crag? Will be out there on Monday checking a few things, 

Thanks neil

In reply to climber34neil:

I think you just need to refresh the crag page to see the moderation link in the top right. You're definitely on there.

climber34neil 22 Jul 2018

Ok thanks

Sid Sherborne 01 Aug 2018

Thanks Paul. Ben Turner is writing a new guide for the woods and has asked if No match for crag id:22047 and No match for crag id:21806 could also be merged into  Cademan Wood and Broad Hill since they are both located within it and will be covered in the guide. 

Sorted.

Luke90 18 Aug 2018

Crag Requested

Please could I be made joint moderator on  Stack Rocks Area?

There are a few climbs I'd like to tidy up but I wouldn't want to take over from the current moderator because I don't have the definitive guide.

In reply to Luke90:

You've got it.

Can I delete the crag BORNHOLM without deleting the location Bornholm? Maybe a silly question, but I wouldn't risk deleting it all.
No match for crag id:24640

In reply to Stefan Jacobsen:

Somebody has deleted it. Thanks.

joepremier 27 Aug 2018

There crags should be merged, under the name of "Schlaraffenland" :

Schlaraffenland

No match for crag id:16899

I would also moderate it to merge the routes/logbook entries, if its possible?

Crag Requested

I would like to joint moderate  Pontarlier with user rlrs.
Thank you!

Andy Moles 04 Sep 2018

The five climbs in the 'moved climbs' section at the bottom of No match for crag id:3936 should be moved to No match for crag id:22502.

In reply to Andy Moles:

Sorted

Cog 15 Sep 2018

Maybe these should be combined.

Valdehuesa#overview
No match for crag id:22439#overview

In reply to Cog:

Done. Cheers.

Simon Caldwell 18 Sep 2018

No match for crag id:25559

is a duplicate and should be deleted and the routes moved to 

Craig Pant Ifan (Tremadog)

Done

Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 22 Sep 2018
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UK

Can you add me to  Flatanger please. I’m happy to share it with Bob & June, it okay with them too.

myrddinmuse 22 Sep 2018

Vedauwoo could do with some updating on crags and areas, I'm happy to do so, I have access to the crag information and was just out there.

Fakey Rocks 25 Sep 2018

Hi,

I think  Cheddar Gorge South has some routes out of order, and at least 1 that's in the guide but not on UKC. Also would like to add some Buttress dividers to the UKC list of Warlord Wall area, so that it reads a bit more like the latest Martin Crocker guide, also maybe to add some notes re multi-pitch routes which people sometimes get on whilst they are restricted!

Can I be added as joint moderator for this crag please?

Cheers.

Post edited at 10:44
In reply to Steve Crowe:

Done

In reply to myrddinmuse:

Done

In reply to Fakey Rocks:

Done

Toerag 27 Sep 2018

Can Bargate Champ be added as a moderator to 'Les Autelets' crag in Sark please?

Toerag 28 Sep 2018

Great, thanks for the swift turnaround

Captain Solo 28 Sep 2018

Cairn Gorm - Stob Coire an t-Sneachda

Crag Requested - second moderator please, needs a bit of maintenance, cheers.

bpmclimb 29 Sep 2018

Hi. Someone added a variation start as a route in its own right to a crag which I moderate: seemed like a reasonable idea, so I marked it as verified. Trouble is - there are about 80 logged entries of  earlier ascents which are a mixture of the original and the variation. Is there a way to select the ascents of the variation and move them across? Thanks.

dannyboy83 Global Crag Moderator 29 Sep 2018
In reply to bpmclimb: I'm pretty sure you can't do this...it's up to the logger to change their ascent from the original to the variation if they wish.

Andy Moles 01 Oct 2018

Craig Cwm Glas Bach is a mess, with lots of buttresses and routes duplicated in other crag entries at Gravestones/ Hidden Wall/ Yr Ochr Wen/ Twll Tin, Ponc Knoll, and possibly others - I don't know where all the unsorted routes belong.

Post edited at 19:58
 LanceSolf 01 Oct 2018

Crag Requested

Weihar

Allgau, Germany

Weihar

Sid Sherborne 01 Oct 2018

Crag Requested

Could I please be added as a second moderator for  Compton Verney. The Warwick University Climbing Club climbed on the boulder today and at the request of the art gallery I am producing a topo of the problems. Could the crag also be renamed so it doesn't have the unnecessary hyphen at the end? Cheers.

reubenrules123 03 Oct 2018

Crag Requested  Gollums Cave - current moderator appears inactive.

You've got it.

In reply to LanceSolf:

You've got it.

You've got it.

In reply to reubenrules123:

You've got it.

ERU 08 Oct 2018

Hi,

Can you make me joint/sole moderator for Nash Point:
Nash Point

reubenrules123 09 Oct 2018

thanks mate

jon 09 Oct 2018

Can I be made joint moderator for this crag  Falaise du Renard

The current moderator is OK with this. Thanks.

In reply to jon:

Sure, you're on there.

In reply to ERU:

You're added.

rlrs 10 Oct 2018

I noticed that a new area was added to Switzerland - "Jungfrau" - with a few new crags in there. I updated the crag details changing the area to "Bern" for all of them (but without volunteering as moderator for any of them), hope that's ok.

bpmclimb 12 Oct 2018
In reply to dannyboy83:

> I'm pretty sure you can't do this...it's up to the logger to change their ascent from the original to the variation if they wish.

It's a pity, because at some crags it's a problem which never seems to get resolved. For example, at No match for crag id:3658 there's a whole extra buttress divider for "duplicate routes": one route has two entries and one has three, presumably purely to preserve a couple of stray logged ascents. There's then always the chance that people will log on the "wrong" entry, making the problem worse.

Crag requested

Can I be joint moderator to  Pontarlier along with Richard who has given me his explicit approval.

Thanks

In reply to Francesco Di Lallo:

You're added.

bpmclimb 13 Oct 2018
In reply to bpmclimb:

Sorry - Gilwern  is the crag I meant to link.

rlrs 22 Oct 2018

Orties au thé vigneron (5a)

As moderator for the crag with the above climb, I have been alerted by a diligent user to the fact that it is included in the ticklist "Quality 6s + 7s in Yorkshire".

It is, sadly, inelligible on at least three counts!  I can only suggest its prompt removal from the list.

Further housekeeping tasks might include: the guidebook entry "Plaisir Jura Filidor 2017" is a duplicate of the much more complete entry: "Schweiz Plaisir Jura Edition Filidor (2017)".

Thanks!

dannyboy83 Global Crag Moderator 23 Oct 2018
In reply to rlrs:

Sorted!

Mark Kemball 24 Oct 2018

Could I be added as second moderator for  Millook please?

Steve Perry 25 Oct 2018

Can I please take on;

Mid Clyth

New routes haven't been added for a long time and there are lots to put on.

Mayaculpa 26 Oct 2018

Could I be added as second moderator for Uphill Quarry Please. 
I live 10 minutes away  and have been climbing there regularly.
Thankyou.

Liam Ingram 30 Oct 2018

Can I be added to this crag please? Needs some sorting out.

Creag na h-Eighe

In reply to Liam Ingram:

You're added.

Mark Kemball 16 Nov 2018

Please could No match for crag id:17693No match for crag id:18732 and  Duckpool be combined as one crag called Duckpool (one word) and could I be added as a mod as it needs a bit of sorting.

Post edited at 19:54
 Rich Kirby 28 Nov 2018

Camarasa

second mod request. New sector to add.

GarethSL 28 Nov 2018

Hi Alan!

Any chance you could merge these two crags: No match for crag id:18545 and  Drivstoggo and re-name the crag 'Drivstoggo' I can update the specs for the different areas as buttresses afterwards. 

Cheers!

Post edited at 10:13
In reply to Rich Kirby:

You're added.

Mayaculpa 10 Dec 2018

Re:  26 Oct 2018

Could I be added as second moderator for Uphill Quarry Please.
       I live 10 minutes away  and have been climbing there regularly. 
       Thankyou.

Yes, no, maybe ?

Jonathan Emett 04 Jan 2019

Crag requested - alcalali

This has got a bit neglected, Im going there today and can hopefully get a full list. Can I be co-moderator please

bpmclimb 05 Jan 2019

Just stepped in to moderate Bunol (Valencia), and moved it to its correct position on the map (it was completely wrong, at a different "Bunol" out near Albacete). Not local or expert, but while I'm at it I'll get the various sectors sorted as best I can. There's an existing crag page for Carcalin (only three climbs logged), which is actually part of Bunol: there are various sectors called Carcalin (the one with the logged climbs is Carcalin: Corral de Cabras).

Could you merge the two crag entries, incorporating Carcalin under the general heading of Bunol, please? Thanks.

I've added you.

In reply to bpmclimb:

I've moved that to  Bunol

bpmclimb 09 Jan 2019

Thanks for that. 

...... BTW the page for Wyndcliffe Quarry   Wyndcliff Quarry  appears to have a rogue extra info panel (on my machines, at least): the RAD link is displaying very large, and I can't minimise the extra info panel. Could you check that, please. Thanks.

In reply to bpmclimb:

Not seeing any weirdness in the RAD panel. Is it just on that crag page for you? Refreshing not help?

bpmclimb 10 Jan 2019

> Not seeing any weirdness in the RAD panel. Is it just on that crag page for you? Refreshing not help?

The problem with the huge link icons is specific to WQ, and refreshing doesn't help. The red RAD link icon and both the others underneath it appear huge (more than a whole screen), and get in the way of the little cross, so I can't minimise the panel - if I try I just get taken to RAD. 

Not a huge problem, BTW - I can scroll down to the climbs, etc - just curious whether it's everybody or just me.

Post edited at 22:48
 bpmclimb 11 Jan 2019

Could you make me co-moderator for Tallat Roig, please: I've been in touch with the current moderator, who's happy with that.

Tallat Roig

..... then I'll stop bothering you for a while

Post edited at 11:09
In reply to bpmclimb:

Add you to  Tallat Roig. What web browser are you using. I think it's having trouble rendering the SVG image for the RAD logo.

bpmclimb 12 Jan 2019

Google (system is OS X Yosemite 10.10.5)

bpmclimb 16 Jan 2019

Me again  ... hopefully an easy question ....

Sport climbs with grade unknown: it's good to include them so that the bolt line is represented, if only to aid navigation. How do I get a question mark to appear for the grade? When I select sport for type of climb, the menu only gives numbers (at the moment I'm putting unknown grades as grade 1 and leaving them in red/unchecked).

In reply to bpmclimb:

You should be able to choose ? as the grade in Sport > French now.

bpmclimb 16 Jan 2019

Thanks

Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 22 Jan 2019

I will add some new routes and do some tidying if you let me share 

Sant Llorenç de Montgai

Post edited at 13:51
In reply to Steve Crowe:

You're added.

Captain Solo 27 Jan 2019

Big favour to ask.

Could you please transfer all the logged ascents from the Sail Mhor buttress on  Beinn Eighe to the climbs listed on No match for crag id:8558 crag and delete Sail Mhor buttress.

Cheers

yodadave 30 Jan 2019

Stoney Point

could i be added as a second mod to Stoney Point in LA?

Loch Morar Boulders

Hi, could I be added as moderator or second moderator for Loch Morar Boulders? Been spending a fair few weeks up here and have lots of descriptions/routes to update.

Cheers,

Cam

Post edited at 16:51

You're added.

ERU 04 Feb 2019

Can you add me to Pen-y-Fan please.
Thanks

In reply to ERU:

You're added.

Mike-W-99 04 Feb 2019

Not certain how to change this but..

No match for climb id:468199 is surely meant to be East Ridge (Winter) (II)

Beinn a'Chaorainn Bheag certainly doesn't have an east ridge I'm aware of, keeps on confusing me when it pops up in conditions.

phleppy 06 Feb 2019

Could I sort out what has recently been added to Guisecliff? A new topo will be available shortly, thanks!

Guisecliff

In reply to phleppy:

I've added you.

TeddyC 06 Feb 2019

Crag requested

Duntelchaig

Reckon I could be added as a second moderator to duntelchaig? Just for the bouldering really. I've been up there quite a bit recently and it would be nice to sort out the bouldering section to get it more organised.

Cheers, Ted

Post edited at 22:06
 Mike-W-99 06 Feb 2019
In reply to Mike-W-99:

Thanks for fixing

SebCa 11 Feb 2019

Crag Requested Parbold Quarry

yodadave 13 Feb 2019
In reply to yodadave:

Hi there, don't know if my request just got missed or what but can I get second mod on Stoney Point? As previously requested on 30 Jan

Cheers

Stoney Point

rlrs 17 Feb 2019

Please can you move the solitary climb in this crag: No match for crag id:25449

...into this crag:  Miéville

...which covers the wider area and has an instance of the climb already. And delete the first crag, obviously.

Both crags moderated by me. Thanks!

Nathan Adam 23 Feb 2019

Hi Alan, 

Any reason I lost moderator access to Sgurr Thearlaich and Window Buttress on Skye? I had just updated the climbs on Window Buttress but the crag seems to have disappeared from the site and can't find it on a map. Also, looks like Sgurr Thearlaich has been combined with Sgurr Alasdair in some way which doesn't make sense as it's a peak in its own right. 

Was also removed from Mullach nan Coirean but see that that hill has had all its crags put together. 

Cheers

Post edited at 21:19
 Cog 23 Feb 2019
In reply to Nathan Adam:

Maybe Window Buttress is now on a different hill.

Sgurr na Banachdich#maps

Nathan Adam 24 Feb 2019
In reply to Cog:

Had wondered that as well but it's not showing up on that page, and I don't remember ever volunteering to moderate Banachdich so maybe in the works?

Would make more sense to have Window Buttress on Sgurr Dearg though, I'd say.

Edit: Just noticed Window Buttress has been added into Sgurr Dearg. Good job combining the crags together, makes it easier to navigate the map feature.

Post edited at 00:22
 dannyboy83 Global Crag Moderator 24 Feb 2019
In reply to Nathan Adam:

Hi Nathan,

Just sent you a PM! Let me know if there are more issues!

Thanks,

Dan

Cog 24 Feb 2019
In reply to dannyboy83:

This is a mess.

Southwest Barra#maps

dannyboy83 Global Crag Moderator 24 Feb 2019
In reply to Cog:

Indeed it is! Fancy sorting Barra out? Otherwise I'll get round to it at some point.

Cog 25 Feb 2019

Would you like to?
Remove the first 4 routes and put them in a crag called North West Barra Southwest Barra
Remove the next 6 routes and put them in a crag called Borve Barra
Then combine what is left with these.
No match for crag id:16726#overview
No match for crag id:21034#maps
No match for crag id:21033#maps
No match for crag id:21031#maps

If so I’ll reposition the first two crags and sort out the order of routes in the last one.

dannyboy83 Global Crag Moderator 25 Feb 2019
In reply to Cog:

Sorted, let me know if anything else needs moving.

Thanks

HeMa 03 Mar 2019

Hi,

I could start modereting this crag Seutula, provided Toby doesn't mind...  though he no longer lives around here so...

Also, if possible, could you perhaps change the name of the crag to simply 'Seutula', so loose the 'Church Crag' from the name as access is a bit so and so.

rlrs 03 Mar 2019

Please can you move the climbs in these two crags (both moderated by me now):

No match for crag id:24787

No match for crag id:24788

...into this new crag, which shall cover the wider area:

Denti della Vecchia

And delete the first two crags, thanks!

In reply to HeMa:

I've added you and changed the name.

In reply to rlrs:

Done, cheers.

Cog 05 Mar 2019

Could you please combine the 5 crags I mentioned about 6 posts back and name it Barra SW.

AndyRoss 07 Mar 2019

I just picked up a new guide to  Siurana - Village so would happily co-moderate it. Seems like there's a few climbs which need checking.

Thanks, 

Andy

AndyRoss 11 Mar 2019
In reply to AndyRoss:

Specifically I'm offering to sort the ones not in the Rockfax app. 

rlrs 18 Mar 2019

A few things:

Please move the boulder problem Zorro: No match for climb id:267018 to the proper crag where an entry exists already for it:  Piana del Remenno (South)

Also, could I be joint moderator on these three crags, where some work remains to be done:

Arcegno

Torbeccio

Ponte Brolla

I have not enquired, but I'm guessing a certain C. Craggs has better things to do and wouldn't mind

Thanks!

In reply to rlrs:

Done and merged it with the other entry for C - Zorro (f6B)

Added you on those crags too.

Iain Thow 01 Apr 2019

Crag requested  Torside Clough

Or as second moderator, fine either way.

static266 11 Apr 2019

Crag requested Carnedd y Filiast

Carnedd Y Filiast (Cairn of the Greyhound Bitch)

Lots of unsorted and unconfirmed routes and spelling mistakes, also some missing routes. Thanks. 

phleppy 17 Apr 2019

Can I sort Cold Moor out?  Cold Moor

static266 22 Apr 2019
In reply to static266:

Bump for Carnedd y Filiast as above  

Could I get some help splitting Apremont into separate crags please? Currently it is just one big crag, but because the different guidebooks seem to separate the areas differently it has always been tricky for me to decide how to split them. I've been using the bleau.info crags and it seems to be working.

The new crags would be as follows (They are the buttress names with stars on them currently, associated buttresses are immediately after):

- Apremont Buvette

- Apremont Butte aux Dames

- Apremont Bizons (Enfants, Nord/Bois, Sud/Cote)

- Envers d'Apremont (Dormir, El Paso)

- Gorges d'Apremont (Ouest, Centre, Chaos, Est, Solitude)

- Apremont Sully

- Apremont Portes du Desert

- Apremont Mare aux Biches

- Apremont Desert (Pilier, Point de Vue, Sanglier)

- Apremont Butte aux Peintres

- Apremont Brulis

Open to other suggestions if anyone has any experience with huge crags defined differently in different guidebooks,

In reply to Michael Bortoluzzi:

Apremont

Hi Michael

We prefer to keep these big crags as they are. I know it sometimes makes them harder to moderate but lots of smaller crags leads to people adding routes incorrectly and creating duplicates. 

Thanks

Alan

John Hunt 27 Apr 2019

Hello Alan,

Could you please put me on as joint moderator on Embsay Crag? 

Karl Bromelow is the current mod and he has moved to Oz - he wanted to keep it on for sentimental reasons and I don't want to take it off him.  However, it could do with sorting out.

Thanks,

John

(John Hunt)

In reply to John Hunt:

Done John - Embsay Crag

Thanks for your help.

Alan

John Hunt 28 Apr 2019

Thanks Alan.

Moi_taiga 16 Jun 2019

Crag Requested:

Idwal Cottage Crag 

Idwal Cottage Crag

joe1joe1joe2 17 Jun 2019

Roaches Lower Tier

I think the moderator for Roaches Lower Tier is inactive - Col Allott (https://www.ukclimbing.com/user/profile.php?id=30255).

No posts in the last 30 days. Last modified his profile 03 Jul 2014. Last logged climb was 25 Feb 2014.

Some friends and I were recently there and we think we've discovered a new boulder problem. Searched UKC, and peakbouldering.info and it definitely doesn't exist. Anyway, we have logged it on UKC, and it is been waiting for moderation for 2+ weeks. Big Bees Can't Fly is the name of the problem.

Not sure if Roaches Lower Tier needs a new moderator. Or how anyone goes about doing this.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Mike-W-99 23 Jun 2019

Don't desperately want to be a moderator but  Buachaille Etive Mor has 3 entries for curved ridge - 

Curved Ridge (Winter) (II 3)

Curved Ridge (Summer) (M) (I'd have had it as a grade 3 scramble)

Curved Ridge (Grade-3) (and this oddity uses the scrambling grade for the winter route)

But untangling the mess would be a PITA as different seasons ascents are all over the shop!

rlrs 01 Jul 2019

Crag Requested

Sandbalm / Sandplatte

Schollenen

Räterichsboden

Engelhörner

Gelmerfluh

Galenstock

Piansecco

Graue Wand

Klein Furkahorn

Torrette

Varenna

Crags, actually. The moderator "Emma" does not seem to be active and I did not get a reply to an email after 1 week. Several of the crags have unchecked routes.

Therefore please may I be joint moderator of the above crags.

Thanks!

Richard

p.s. On a side note, the eternal conundrum of UKC area assignment might be re-visited with respect to Northern Italy. In particular within the Region of Lombardia (itself an area) there are many other areas, some more deserving (e.g. Lecco & Como, Val di Mello, Val Masino (only 3 crags at the mo'), Valchiavenna) than others (Valtelina (5), Val Malenco (3), Val Camonica (5)), and with an inconsistent application among some nearby crags (e.g. Zoia vs. its near neighbours). Just to let you know!

Motown 02 Jul 2019

Crag requested:

Blackingstone Rock

up there a couple of times a week at the moment. Contacted current moderator who said me taking over is fine.

Emilio Bachini 27 Jul 2019

Does anyone have the time and or information to correctly update some big Spanish Crags,  Arboli Chulilla Town - Boca de La Voz & Barranquillo/Falfiguera and  Siurana - Village?

Also if anyone has any information on some of the Yangshuo crags they want to share it’d be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Emilio.

P.S I’m sorry I haven’t replied to your email yet Alan. 

LeeWood 29 Jul 2019

I observe that my role in moderating Neouvielle wasn't pleasing someone - and it has been given away to someone who doesn't even know how to spell the name - Neovielle  ! Clever stuff  :o

I would have been happy to remain as a joint moderator - doubt the new man knows whats what in the climbing scene.

myrddinmuse 30 Jul 2019

Hey! Any way to update Trial Wall Area to reflect the recent-ish retrobolting of a lot of the trad in there? Can't just change the entrys from E5 to 7a+, for example, but I'd happily add new entries for the updated climbs, keeping the old for historical logs?

Too many bolt clippers out there claiming E5..  

In reply to myrddinmuse:

Do you happen to know when Crime and Punishment (7a+) was fully bolted? It needs a new route making for it and I'll move some of the ticks over to it.

myrddinmuse 31 Jul 2019

I'll ask around! Blackman's Pinch is another one! 

Post edited at 16:01
 Emilio Bachini 05 Aug 2019

Any chance I can be made joint moderator on  Chapel Head Scar to do some slight updating, moving of some routes and verifying?

Tom seems to be actively logging routes but hasn’t appeared to logged anything at Chapel Head for about 6 years. 

Emilio. 

In reply to Emilio Bachini:

Sure, you've got it.

Many thanks Paul. I had come up with an elaborate way to move post 2015 logged entries from Lunatic (E3 5c)Moonchild (E4 6a) and Darth Vadar (E5 6a) to the sport version of the routes but I can’t delete certain routes (presumable because they’re part of the Rockfax database and Northern Limestone guidebook).

Is there any chance someone on your front can do it? Or another way around my slightly unhealthy obsession of logging things exactly? 

Maybe also Starshine (6a+) and Sun God (6a+)

And then there’s the original Phantom Zone (7c) and the newer extension finish, No match for climb id:161481

Motown 06 Aug 2019

In reply to Alan James - UKC and UKH:

Crag requested:

Blackingstone Rock

up there a couple of times a week at the moment. Contacted current moderator who said me taking over is fine. Blackingstone Rock

In reply to Motown:

I've added you.

James Milton 08 Aug 2019

Crag Request: 

Blackford Quarry

Graham Brown House (GBH)

James Milton 24 Aug 2019

Crag requested:

Blackford Quarry

Graham Brown House (GBH)

Cheers James

rlrs 24 Aug 2019

Please can you delete the duplicate crag

No match for crag id:26850

While moving the ticks on the southeast ridge

No match for climb id:540635

To the existing crag Bielenhoerner

crag.php?id=10774&refresh=1831

and the existing version of the climb

c.php?i=163073

(inserting links not working)

Thanks!

Post edited at 16:26
 alek 25 Aug 2019

Crag requested

Zap crag (Blue Mountains)

Thanks

Alek

jon 25 Aug 2019

Please could you delete this duplicate crag: No match for crag id:8998#overview  and merge the four routes and ticks into this one:  Saint Christophe (Dentelles de Montmirail)#overview  Thanks.

Post edited at 14:34

Hello!

Crag Requested Ravens Crag

Ravens Crag

Could I please Moderate or co moderate this crag? Needs a cleanup and some new routes to be added. Thanks!

LGraham 25 Aug 2019

Crag requested  Long Scar

Please can you add me as second moderator for a bit, the bouldering needs tidying up. 

jon 26 Aug 2019
In reply to jon:

> Please could you delete this duplicate crag: No match for crag id:8998#overview  and merge the four routes and ticks into this one:  Saint Christophe (Dentelles de Montmirail)#overview  Thanks.

Thanks, the crag has disappeared but the pin still shows on the map.

jon 28 Aug 2019

I received a logbook update request today for this route: Les Crados (5c) but when I clicked on it there was no update, just an ascent logged yesterday. Am I missing something? Thanks.

LGraham 28 Aug 2019

I've mostly sorted out Long Scar bouldering, but there are some duplicates with logged ascents on both, please can you merge them?

No match for climb id:26299 duplicate of Problem 12 (Rockfax Problem 2) (f5+)

No match for climb id:26300 duplicate of Problem 13 (Rockfax Problem 3) (f5+)

No match for climb id:26301 duplicate of Problem 14 (Rockfax Problem 4) (f5)

No match for climb id:133024 duplicate of Problem 22 (Rockfax Problem 9) (f5)

No match for climb id:133026 duplicate of Problem 25 (Rockfax Problem 12) (f2)

No match for climb id:133027 duplicate of Problem 26 (Rockfax Problem 13) (f4)

No match for climb id:133028 duplicate of Problem 27 (Rockfax Problem 14) (f2+)

No match for climb id:133029 duplicate of Problem 30 (Rockfax Problem 15) (f3)

No match for climb id:133030 duplicate of Problem 31 (Rockfax Problem 16) (f5+)

No match for climb id:133031 duplicate of Left Wall (f5+)

No match for climb id:133032 duplicate of Problem 33 (Rockfax Problem 18) (f5)

In reply to LGraham:

Hi Graham

Thanks for doing that. Just delete the less important one and it will give you the option to move ticks.

Alan

Jonathan Emett 05 Sep 2019

Co-mod Crag request

Su casteddu, ulassai. lots of new routes here, I'm here ATM so can update

jayyaj 06 Sep 2019

Can I co-moderate this one please just to get a load of missing climbs added in:

Drevenik

You're added.

In reply to jayyaj:

You're added.

DaveHK 09 Sep 2019

Hi,

I was moderator of Carn Etchachan and now don't seem to be. I did a fair amount of work on it adding climbs and descriptions etc. Also the contact page didn't seem to be working to raise this.

Ta,
Dave

Post edited at 19:17
 DaveHK 10 Sep 2019
In reply to DaveHK:

I should add that I didn't give it up and would like to continue moderating it as it's a crag I know well and have already put a bit of work into.

Ta

DaveHK 10 Sep 2019

Definitely an issue with the contact page for crag moderation, hasn't worked for me using chrome on laptop, desktop or tablet.

Here's the other message I tried to send:

Could you change the name of Braeriach Carn na Criche to Braeriach an Garbh Coire? That's what these corries are collectively referred to as in the guidebook and I've never heard climbers referring to them by the name they currently have.

Ta,
Dave

Pqhf5kd 14 Oct 2019

Can I be added to  Drevenik. I messaged the current mod this morning but I thought I'd ask on here while on online.

rlrs 20 Oct 2019

Crag duplication to be tidied up:

This is the real Eppenberg, Canton (Area) Solothurn (moderated by myself)

Eppenberg

This is the relatively false new entry "Eppenburg", Canton (Area) Aarau

No match for crag id:26728

If you delete the second crag and move the climbs to the first one, I will sort them out.

Thanks!

Andy Say 21 Oct 2019
In reply to Pqhf5kd:

> Can I be added to  Drevenik. I messaged the current mod this morning but I thought I'd ask on here while on online.

Happy to oblige.  There's obviously been a lot of changes since 20 years ago...….

Andy

PaulTclimbing 21 Oct 2019

Hi there,

Pen y Fan logbook - climbing headwall is in a shocking state.

Can you add me as a moderator for

Pen y fan (Powys)

Thanks.

Post edited at 14:46
 myrddinmuse 21 Oct 2019

Camp 4 boulders in yosemite is in a pretty sorry state! I was just there, I could clean it up a bit, especially if it keeps raining and I never get out..

Andy Moles 07 Nov 2019

The following four crags should be contained as sectors within this one: Tarbet Sea Cliffs

No match for crag id:11058

No match for crag id:11057

No match for crag id:11056

Edit: wrong Raven's Crag came up, see next post.

Post edited at 10:08
 Andy Moles 07 Nov 2019

In reference to previous post No match for crag id:17823

Andy Moles 07 Nov 2019

This one is misspelled slightly, should be Creag Ghiubhsachain: Creag Ghiubhsachain

tjekel 10 Nov 2019

Dear Eds,
I'm just trying to get the Sperlonga, Italy area in some order using the Roma Sud guidebook. To do so, please rename the current crag parete chiromante ( Monte Vanellamare) Monte Vanellamare and keep the routes there as bell nging to the subsector Parete Chiromante. Please also include the current sector Avancorpo di sinistra (No match for crag id:22900) as subsector of Monte Vanellamare as used in current guidebooks. 

An overview of monte Vanellamare can be had on the first pic here: https://www.stadler-markus.de/klettern/sperlonga-sektor-chiromante.html

Best, thomas

Andy Moles 14 Nov 2019

The Lewis sea-cliffs could do with some rearranging, at the moment there is Uig Sea Cliffs Central - Mhangarstaidh, which is actually just the Mangersta area, and a bunch of small separate entries for the rest of the Uig area. Based on the way the SMC guidebook organises them, here goes:

Rename Uig Sea Cliffs South - Breanish Uig Sea Cliffs South, Breanish, and add to it No match for crag id:10829

Rename Uig Sea Cliffs Central - Mhangarstaidh, Uig Sea Cliffs Central, Mangersta

Rename Uig Sea Cliffs North - Crowlista Uig Sea Cliffs North, Crowlista, and add to it the first two sectors (the five routes Lucid Visions to Brutal Reality) from Uig Sea Cliffs North - Aird Uig

Rename Uig Sea Cliffs North - Aird Uig Uig Sea Cliffs North, Aird Uig, and add to it No match for crag id:26715, No match for crag id:19237. The crag marker should be moved north to somewhere around the headland west of Aird Uig village.

Rename Uig Sea Cliffs North-East - Valtos Uig Sea Cliffs North-East, Valtos, and add to it No match for crag id:25361, No match for crag id:25460, No match for crag id:11419, No match for crag id:10832.

It would be ideal if the crag names are preserved as buttresses, otherwise I'm sure the moderators can sort it out.

Post edited at 13:56
 Andy Moles 14 Nov 2019

Also on Lewis, No match for crag id:1323 should be deleted completely. The routes are in the database elsewhere and no logbook ticks to be moved.

Andy Moles 14 Nov 2019

Wow that was quick...one more thing from that area:

The buttress and routes under Torcaso Geo (not Torasgeo) in Uig Sea Cliffs Central - Mhangarstaidh should be moved to Uig Sea Cliffs North - Crowlista.

Post edited at 17:16
 Andy Say 18 Nov 2019

I have a problem with Mouries. I've spent a bit of time sorting the South side but there are three routes that simply do not appear in the Alpilles guide (2010 - the latest as far as I know?). I've marked them 'cannot be confirmed'. Got an almost instant update request for 'Johnny Fais Moi Mal'. Now it obviously means a lot to somebody (!) So I'm loth to just delete it but the sole logbook entry is 'hidden'. I can't even email to ask for clues as I normally would. Suggestions?

And as for the logged route on Mouries Sud - 'The Little Blue Rabbit' (you KNOW who you are!) it's actually 'Le Petit Lapin Bleu' on Mouries Nord....

Captain Solo 22 Nov 2019

Under  Cairn Gorm - Stob Coire an t-Sneachda both Just a Spot o' Sightseeing (S 4a) And Fiacaill Ridge (Grade-1) have the winter grades shown on the public page, need to be changed to Severe and 1 respectively.

cheers

Mike-W-99 22 Nov 2019

Yes, JASOSS was definitely severe here when I logged it a few summers ago. There also seems to be 2 claims to the 1st winter ascent.

Post edited at 19:35

Could I be added as a moderator for Mountain Quarry please? It looks like it hasn't been updated in a while and most climbs are unchecked

Mountain Quarry

Thanks

Emilio Bachini 11 Jan 2020

Is it possibles to make me a joint moderator on  Frontales as there are a few duplicated routes, ungraded routes and bits and bobs I don't mind updating while I grow some skin. Many thank so in advance, Emilio  

Over added you.

Sid Sherborne 18 Jan 2020

Crag Requested.

Can I please be added as second moderator to  Stable Pit (Bradgate Park Crags) and  Radford Railway Viaduct No 33A (disused)? The pages are due a few updates and both current mods are inactive. Cheers.

Emilio Bachini 19 Jan 2020

Many thanks Paul. Any chance someone on your end can merge Putiferio (6a) and No match for climb id:505055. I don’t seem to be able to delete or merge them. Thanks in advance, Emilio. 

auld al 20 Jan 2020

Crag request  Castellets

Or second moderator

In reply to auld al:

I've added you.

This is sorted. Thanks for highlighting it.

This thread has now got too big and is archived the latest thread is here -
https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rockfax/ukc_logbook_moderators_thread-714...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...