UKC

UKC Logbook Moderator's Thread 2020

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Please use this thread to post moderating requests, problem crags and suggestions. If you do post about a crag then please use the Logbooks 'Insert crag link...' box above the reply box so that a link is included which makes things lot easier to sort than if just a crag name is written.

Existing Moderators
If you moderate a crag but find yourself ignoring the update emails, or you have lost interest, or you have moved away then please could you remove yourself as moderator using the button at the base of the crag moderation page. Then reply to this thread with 'Crag Available' and the crag link inserted so that someone else can volunteer.

New Moderators
If you would like to moderate a crag, and feel you could do a better job than the current moderator, then reply to this thread with 'Crag Requested', the crag name and link so that we can arrange a switch if appropriate. We can now add second moderators to crags as well.

Thanks for everyone's help with UKC Logbook moderating. We are aware that this is sometimes a tiresome task and all your efforts are appreciated.

The previous UKC Moderator threads have got too big and has now been locked. Here it is for reference

1. https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rockfax/moderator_amnesty_2016-602132
  2. https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rockfax/ukc_logbook_moderators_thread-662...
  3. Latest: https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rockfax/ukc_logbook_moderators_thread_202...
 rlrs 28 Jan 2020
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Time to tidy up the Swiss guidebooks.  There are three entries for the current Schweiz plaisir Jura 2017.

Please keep this one (index 1875), which I have just updated with the relevant info from the other two entries, and which has the links to the crags (some of them anyway, next job...):

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/books/schweiz_plaisir_jura-1875

These two you can delete:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/books/schweiz_plaisir_jura-2110

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/books/plasir_jura-2111

...and there is the original edition from 1997, which you could rename to the correct "Schweiz Plaisir Jura", to be in line with all the other editions:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/books/jura_plaisir-1584

Thanks!

In reply to rlrs:

Sorted, thanks.

rlrs 02 Feb 2020

In the immediate post-Brexit era, and on the day of a humbling defeat of Les Rosbifs by Les Bleus, let us act in the fullest respect of our dear neighbour: there is an error in the spelling of the area "Aln" which should be "Ain", see e.g.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ain

(There are nine crags in this area, e.g.: Cerdon)

In reply to rlrs:

Thanks, that's updated.

Andy Moles 03 Mar 2020

No match for crag id:11498 should be combined with Ciste Crag, keeping the latter name.

Among the many locals I've heard make reference to the crag, it's called 'Cranberry Rocks' by no one.

In reply to Andy Moles:

That's done.

Graeme Hammond 04 Mar 2020

Back Forest

this crag should be split up again to reflect the access issues at The Hanging Stone unless anyone else has more recent information. As you currently can only link to 1 BMC rad link the info about this is not shown. See https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/View.aspx?id=634 we got asked to leave in May 2018, it is a strange situation as there is often people picnicking on the top and a concessionary path right under the crag where you belay.

Haydn Jones 05 Mar 2020

Albarracin

In my opinion albarracin should be split into its sectors. It's a bit too unwieldy at the moment and it feels like being the moderator for and area the size of eastern grit.

Bezas should be done too before it gets a hassle. Its not that bad yet as not many people go but with the new guide out it's going to become just as popular and its size is just as vast as albarracin.

rlrs 09 Mar 2020

Let's rename this crag in Muotathal:

Zwingsbrügg

to "Zwingsbrügg"

If the normal grading standards of Central Switzerland apply, quite possibly home to the hardest 9a in the world.

(Credit to the creator of the crag for not putting it in the Kanton Aargau area!)

Andy Moles 14 Mar 2020

Just noticed when logging it that Postern Original (VII 7) and Postern Variation (VI 6) have been amalgamated by that Rockfax thing and are both listed as VI 6.

The confusion is that Postern Variation (VI 6) is the more commonly climbed version, and so that is what's described as the standard route in Scottish Winter Climbs.

It would make most sense to rename Postern Original (VII 7) as Postern Original and restore it to its correct grade of VII 7, and attach the Rockfax link to Postern Variation.

In reply to Andy Moles:

That's sorted.

Dale Turrell 01 Apr 2020

Crag Requested Auswell Rocks  Ausewell Rocks

aln 01 Apr 2020

I had a request a week ago to check a route at a crag I moderate. As travel restrictions mean I can't get to the crag I clicked on the can't be confirmed button. Today I had another request for the same route. I still can't go look at it.

Mr. Lee 02 Apr 2020
In reply to aln:

Seems like you're being overly pedantic. Why not just leave it as unverified for now? The 'cannot be confirmed' status is more for routes that lack enough information to describe their whereabouts, although this is only really critical when not listed in a guidebook. If you use the 'cannot be confirmed' status then the contributor is going to get an email requesting more information, and to their credit it sounds like they're making an effort to do so. Maybe just take the contributor's word for it if what they have added looked credible and informative? Or just email them directly re anything still lacking? 

aln 02 Apr 2020
In reply to Mr. Lee:

> Seems like you're being overly pedantic. 

I wouldn't call it that, just trying to moderate properly, otherwise why bother? And in normal times it gives me an excuse to go to the crag 😊 I've changed it to unverified for the time being.

In reply to Dale Turrell:

Added you

Andy Moles 27 Apr 2020

No match for crag id:17860, No match for crag id:21955 and No match for crag id:21954 are all duplicates that are part of what's included in Fachwen Boulders.

Maybe change the name to Fachwen Boulders, then split the quarry sectors into a separate crag Fachwen Quarries, to make it clear and stop people re-adding them.

Andy Moles 27 Apr 2020

Also, rename Clegir Boulders 'Clegir Boulders', as it already includes a bunch of problems from walls other than Mur Pen Clegir itself.

Clegir Boulders can include No match for crag id:26328 and No match for crag id:27197.

More duplicates - No match for crag id:8936 and Craig yr Undeb (Union Rock) are the same crag. Name should probably be Union Rock as that's the whole thing. The first sector here Fachwen Boulders should be moved to Union Rock as well.

acrkirby 27 Apr 2020

Now that we have the new 'type' column in the log books i noticed that several 'D' for trad Difficult climbs have been given an alpine 'D' instead. Just at the one crag i was looking at,  Crag Lough i noticed Wall and Crack (D)Jezebel (D)Block Chimney (D) had the problem. Thinking this might be a widespread problem? 

Or someone decided the cold ascent of Hadrian's wall deserved an alpine grade, not out of the question...

In reply to acrkirby:

Thanks, that was from a very old bug from when we were importing route data from the guidebooks and a few routes were incorrectly tagged as Difficile instead Diff.

I've sorted those out in the Rockfax database, they will be synced through to the UKC one shortly.

In reply to Andy Moles:

That's sorted.

In reply to Andy Moles:

Sorted those apart from below as I wasn't sure which routes you were referring to. Would you mind sticking the routes that need moving within a buttress hearing please? I've added you as a moderator. Thanks for the help.

> The first sector here Fachwen Boulders should be moved to Union Rock as well.

Andy Moles 28 Apr 2020

The ones under Craig yr Undeb (yellow wall) in Fachwen should go to Union Rock.

On a side note, I clicked that in the 'Insert crag link' box, but although sectors appear in the drop down there, they don't appear in the published message. Something to tweak maybe?

If you add me as a moderator to Clegir as well, I can sort that a bit too.

Graeme Hammond 29 Apr 2020

I'm fairly sure i logged this years ago, as had loads of other people but all the logbook ticks seem to have been removed! It doesn't have a rockfax app symbol next to it so perhaps it is a issue with other climbs too that are no longer listed separately in the Rockfax app (it appears in your guide book as a separate 3 star route)? 

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/bamford_edge-87/neb_buttress_direc...

mrphilipoldham 29 Apr 2020
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

There are two listings for it on the crag, the 3* one is still there with 370-odd logs! 

Graeme Hammond 29 Apr 2020
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

Ignore me, the route needs deleting however, i did do search but 'Ctrl+F' must have been having a 'man' search today

Post edited at 10:07
 dannyboy83 Global Crag Moderator 30 Apr 2020

Please can you delete this one:

No match for crag id:17044

and move the photo to:

Quié d'Urs

All the climbs can be removed as I uploaded the wrong file!

Many thanks

Andy Moles 01 May 2020

For a bit of generic feedback, I have to say that when moderating crags I find the locking down of route names, grades etc that are included in the Rockfax app quite an annoying feature. I've quickly noticed quite a few mistakes, and it doesn't allow changing something if, for example, a hold breaks or consensus changes on something relatively new.

LakesWinter 01 May 2020
In reply to Andy Moles:

I agree.

Mark Kemball 01 May 2020

Please could you add https://www.ukclimbing.com/user/profile.php?id=34181 as a second moderator to https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/higher_longbeak-2441 Thanks.

Post edited at 18:04
In reply to dannyboy83:

Sorted

In reply to Mark Kemball:

Sorted.

Andy Moles 07 May 2020

Could I be added as a second moderator for Coir' Uisg Buttress? Franco's not sorted stuff there in months.

In reply to Andy Moles:

You're added.

Andy Moles 09 May 2020

Thanks. I think you missed my earlier reply regarding Fachwen.

'Crag Requested

Hepburn

Needs a tidy up, there are lots of problems missing from the supplementary online guide 'Hepburn South', and alot of the current problems are not in the correct areas and need buttresses allocated. Can I please request to be second moderator so I can add these climbs. 

Cheers!

In reply to CameronDotSmith:

I've added you.

Andy Moles 24 May 2020

Could I request again to moderate  Clegir Boulders? Thanks.

Also the Craig yr Undeb sector of  Fachwen Boulders still needs moving to  Craig yr Undeb (Union Rock). I guess this should also be renamed Union Rock (Craig yr Undeb) to eliminate confusion.

Andy Moles 24 May 2020

P.S. also the final problem at Union Rock, Don't try no Bows (f6B), should be moved to Clegir.

Sid Sherborne 25 May 2020

Crag Requested please Grace Dieu Boulder 

There are several missing problems which need adding and sorting. 

Andy Moles 27 May 2020

No match for crag id:500 is a duplicate of The Pillar of Elidir. They are different names for the same thing.

In reply to Andy Moles:

Thanks, sorted that.

Ross Barker 28 May 2020

Hiya, could I be added as a second moderator for Nesscliffe please?

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/nesscliffe-1064

Some of the bouldering is a bit out of date, especially with the new online guide.

misterb 28 May 2020

Can i be added as a second mod to ansteys cove please as i am cleaning and updating certain  neglected routes at the moment

Mark Kemball 28 May 2020

Spekes Mill Mouth and Brownspear Point - Although Speke's itself is not tidal, Brownspear point is and so should have tidal info.

SimonStyan 30 May 2020

Hi, could i be made second crag moderator to  Beacon Hill in leicestershire as the current moderators been inactive since 2015 and the climbs could do with ordering etc.

cheers

reubenrules123 31 May 2020

I've noticed that you can only select the crag thumbnail from the first set of photos that appear. When you click view all photos the select crag thumbnail option disappears.

Hi, Please may I be a second moderator for  Portishead Quarry as I think it could do with a tidy up. 

P.S. - What is the etiquette for changing/updating grades to match the lastest guidebook (that is not Rockfax) 

In reply to smile youve won:

I've added you.

No problem updating the grades to that in the latest guides.

Post edited at 15:05
In reply to SimonStyan:

I've added you.

In reply to reubenrules123:

Yeah, sorry, you can only choose between the top photos attached to that crag.

Hi Mark, if you edit the crag you can set the altitude to zero to make it tidal. I then fetches the tidal data when the local weather is refreshed.

I've sorted that for https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/spekes_mill_mouth_and_brownspear_p...

In reply to Ross Barker:

I've added you  Nesscliffe

In reply to Sid Sherborne:

I've added you  Grace Dieu Boulder

In reply to Andy Moles:

> Could I request again to moderate  Clegir Boulders? Thanks.

> Also the Craig yr Undeb sector of  Fachwen Boulders still needs moving to  Craig yr Undeb (Union Rock). I guess this should also be renamed Union Rock (Craig yr Undeb) to eliminate confusion.

Sorted all those and the Don't try no Bows (f6B) move

In reply to Andy Moles:

Sorry, been a bit lax on this thread as I've been so busy with other stuff. I'll try and keep on top of it better now.

Andy Moles 08 Jun 2020

A couple of bits of general feedback:

If using night mode on the site, on the moderator page for a crag it's very hard to read the buttress names, as it is almost the same colour as the background.

The new system of putting up in red text on the crag page when a route is no longer climbable, rather than having a little STOP sign like we used to have (and still do on the route page) is not super helpful, because it doesn't distinguish between routes that just haven't been checked yet by the moderator, and routes that have actually fallen down.

Alex Riley 09 Jun 2020
In reply to Andy Moles:

Could moderation for  y Garth be transferred to me. I've spoken to the current moderator and he's happy for it to be transferred over.

SimonStyan 09 Jun 2020

Hi could i be added as moderator for The Outwoods crag as a tree at the crag has been felled meaning a couple of the climbs can no longer be done and needs updating.

Thanks

In reply to tjekel:

They're merged.

In reply to Andy Moles:

I've fixed the buttress headers in dark mode on the moderation page.

I'll have a look into the 2nd issue.

In reply to Alex Riley:

Done.

In reply to SimonStyan:

I've added you.

Sid Sherborne 12 Jun 2020

Mike Adams had sent me his notes for  Mountsorrel Crags. Could I please be added as a moderator so I can add the missing climbs and add bouldering grades to those climbs which only currently have English tech grades?

Kafoozalem 12 Jun 2020

Chudleigh is up for grabs. 

I've added you.

Brown 15 Jun 2020

Hello,

Having a little bit of difficulty with getting the details of Tai Chi Tia (7a), (a new route) correct a  Bassett's Farm Rocks.

This was added for a techno phobic friend hence the confusion.

Can the FA name please be shortened to Harry W to preserve some anonymity?

Rowan Morgan 15 Jun 2020

Apologies if this has been asked/answered in a previous thread.

I'm moderating two rather underdeveloped crags in the Lake District, and was wondering about the etiquette of logging and moderating my own first ascents? I've added and approved some (very) low-grade stuff at Pardshaw Crag, but have my eye on some interesting lines at Rannerdale Knotts.

Can't help but feel it's cheeky to fast-track my own FA's seeing as anyone else's would be at my discretion. Obviously will remain unbiased but thought I'd check if there are any further considerations? Ta in advance  

Post edited at 18:29
 sharpie 16 Jun 2020

Could I become the second moderator please

In reply to Brown:

I've updated the FA name.

In reply to sharpie:

Where to?

In reply to Rowan Morgan:

No problem doing this Rowan.

Brown 17 Jun 2020

thanks

Could I be added as moderator to Willyabrup please? Buttresses and climbs need updating

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/willyabrup-3465

Post edited at 06:26
 RyBlackmore 24 Jun 2020

Saddle Tor

Could I please be Mod of Saddle Tor, boulders that were done in 2014 haven't been verified at present.

Cheers

Ry

Post edited at 09:59
 Sid Sherborne 25 Jun 2020

Please can be added as a moderator of  Corley Rocks please? The routes need ordering and a clear warning needs to go up about the quality of the bolts people have started top-roping on. Cheers

In reply to Michael Bortoluzzi:

I've added you

I've added you

In reply to RyBlackmore:

I've added you

alek 27 Jun 2020

Crag requested:

Medlow Bath

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/medlow_bath-11146

Thanks

In reply to alek:

I've added you.

sparkass 30 Jun 2020

Crag requested:

Gelt Boulder

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/the_gelt_boulder-8022

Thanks

Simon Caldwell 01 Jul 2020

Don't know if it's just me, but I no longer get an immediate email when one of "my" crags requires moderation - just the monthly one telling me I've missed some outstanding changes. It's definitely not gone to the spam folder.

static266 02 Jul 2020

For some reason I cannot rename climbs as of today on crags that I moderate. 

I’ve never seen it before (new feature?) but when I click on the rename button it gives me a page not found error. 

Could this be looked into please?

Post edited at 17:58
In reply to static266:

Hi, sorry about that. Looks like some duff code has been pushed through. I'll sort that out tomorrow.

Post edited at 23:33
In reply to static266:

That should be sorted now.

In reply to sparkass:

I've added you.

In reply to Simon Caldwell:

I'll have a look into this on Monday

static266 04 Jul 2020

Thanks it’s back to normal. 

Andy Moles 06 Jul 2020

Something funny going on with moderating updates. Someone has contributed descriptions for a couple of climbs at a crag I moderate, but if I click to accept (or reject) the changes I just get an error notification that says the climbs don't exist?

Andy Moles 06 Jul 2020

Could I be added as a second moderator for Craig y Forwyn?

A lot has changed there with recent cleaning.

In reply to Andy Moles:

I've added you that crag. I've fixed that bug on the climb moderation page too.

Post edited at 10:22
 james.slater 10 Jul 2020

Crag Requested:

Gist Ddu

Maybe a proper crag page would help get some traffic on this neglected crag?!

In reply to james.slater:

I've added you.

Tom Last 13 Jul 2020

Hi Paul.

Could I have Godrevy please, it’s a total mess.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/godrevy-1146

Cheers. 

Tom Last 15 Jul 2020

Crag requested, Godrevy.

If I can get this in the next day or so then I have a bit of time currently that I can sort it out. 

Cheers,

Tom.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/godrevy-1146

Post edited at 02:41
 Sid Sherborne 15 Jul 2020

Crags requested. All of these Leicestershire crag pages need tidying up and lots of recently publicised boulder problems need adding. Hopefully tidying these up will make people more likely to visit them and take some of the pressure off Cademan Wood.

Beacon Hill

Markfield Quarry

Morley Quarry

Oaks Pinnacle

In reply to Tom Last:

I've added you

I've added you.

Stroppy 17 Jul 2020

Crag Requested - No match for crag id:8537

Can you add me as a 2nd moderator please, there are a load of unverified and missing climbs

Giles Davis 17 Jul 2020

Hi Paul,

Can you give me joint moderation of Herbert's Quarry please?

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/herberts_quarry-15960

Cheers

Giles

In reply to Stroppy:

I've added you.

In reply to Giles Davis:

I've added you.

james.slater 23 Jul 2020

All the crags beyond PT and LPT on the Orme are in a bit of a mess? Some routes missing, others in the wrong place etc.

Looks like they all need to be either combined into 'Lighthouse crags' 'Hornby crags' etc, or just all split up?

Im happy to be added and sort out any missing routes and ordering of routes/buttresses etc, but im not sure the best way to go about tidying the crags themselves up, its quite a complex area.

Thanks

sheppy 01 Aug 2020

when attempting to respond to update requests it seems that where things are linked to Rockfax they cannot be properly moderated.

this has unfortunately resulted in a lot of erroneous bullshit being dumped on some of the crags which I seem powerless to remove.

being a moderator is a thankless task at the best of times but this overrule from Rockfax is rapidly making me think of dumping all the crags I try to maintain.

Jon Read 02 Aug 2020

Request to co-moderate  Dropping Crag Upper Buck Crag Upper Buck Crag Slab, please?

Jon Read 02 Aug 2020
In reply to sheppy:

Yes, I was a somewhat disappointed that all my hard-won descriptions of Buoux routes were wiped out a while back. They've gone for good now.

In reply to Jon Read:

I've added you.

In reply to Jon Read:

We only add an extra description if there's one available from Rockfax. None of the descriptions from the UKC database should be affected eg. Square Chimney & Whisky Crack (HS 4b)

steveriley 04 Aug 2020

Is there any scope for some sort of auto-nudge to moderators? I’ve seen new problems/descriptions left fallow for months and years sometimes. If you can be faffed to try and tidy the data it’s a shame if it doesn’t get actioned. People move on, get busy, lose interest, all fine of course. But a gentle nudge might help?

Post edited at 11:42
In reply to sheppy:

Martin's looking into this. It's due to the SMC data being imported into the Rockfax app.

In reply to steveriley:

We do already do that at the start of each month. I guess they're just being ignored

mrphilipoldham 05 Aug 2020

Just moved to Blackshaw Head and would like to tidy up  Great Rock and  Bridestones (West Yorkshire) please!

BStar 05 Aug 2020

No match for crag id:9504 is really just a copy of  Winterbourne Down, the crag should be merged to Winterbourne Down as there are a few repeated climbs.  I assume you can transfer people ticks across?

There are two routes at  Winterbourne DownNo match for climb id:332891 and No match for climb id:463327 that are repeats of routes at  Bury Hill West and should be trasfered to the Bury Hill crag

Post edited at 15:17

I've added you.

In reply to BStar:

Thanks, sorted those.

RANGITOTO 08 Aug 2020

Helman Tor

Please could you add me as a second moderator for Helman Tor?

Thanks,

Ian

Andy Moles 09 Aug 2020

Can I be added as a moderator to  Whale Rock, Glen Nevis? It needs a bit of sorting.

Purple 09 Aug 2020

Hi, I’m the Crag moderator for Gaitkins, Cumbria. I get a regular 1st of the month message requesting an update for ‘Monkey In Your Soul’. I’ve tried a few times to update it with the green tick followed by the update button, but I keep getting the monthly message. Any ideas? The route is in good shape btw and deserves the verification.

In reply to Andy Moles:

I've added you.

In reply to Purple:

Hi, sorry, just noticed that the monthly moderation email is using an old database table for the unchecked updates. That should be sorted now and you won't be notified about that Monkey in your Soul (E2 5b) update again.

Post edited at 10:21
 Purple 12 Aug 2020

> Hi, sorry, just noticed that the monthly moderation email is using an old database table for the unchecked updates. That should be sorted now and you won't be notified about that Monkey in your Soul (E2 5b) update again.

Tip top! Thanks Paul.

Andy Moles 12 Aug 2020

Cheers, there's a sector heading in there called 'Whale Rock Routes' that it won't allow me to delete because it's linked to the Rockfax database, but it's totally unnecessary.

In reply to Andy Moles:

That's a difference with the data structure with the Rockfax database (that's actually holding the SMC data in this case) I'm afraid.

With Rockfax, a climb exists within a Buttress and a Buttress within a Crag.
On UKC, both a Climb and Buttress exists within a Crag, they're just different positions in the climb order.

Therefore, the Whale Rock Routes Buttress can't be deleted as it would remove the parent of all the climbs linked to the Rockfax database.

I prefer the Rockfax structure tbh but it's a lot of work updating UKC to match.

Also, it's not normally an issue as most crags have more than one Buttress/Sector.

Post edited at 11:42
 Andy Say 12 Aug 2020
In reply to sheppy:

I also found that a crag I moderate had been "updated" by someone who had never been there; wiping out my crag and access information  in the process. I wasn't happy.

You'd think that moderators should have at least been to the crag rather than just sucking info off the web.  Yours, bitter and twisted of Waunfawr.

remus Global Crag Moderator 13 Aug 2020

Could you mark all the routes in the rainbow bridge sector of https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/berry_head_the_old_redoubt-409 as deep water solos? Thanks!

Emilio Bachini 13 Aug 2020

Hello, any chance I can be added as a moderator for  Windmore End so I can attempt to update the very vague or none existant route descriptions? Many thanks, Emilio. 

Emilio Bachini 13 Aug 2020

Hello again, just wanted to ask whether it could be changed so "boulder, ground up" could be added to the ascent style. "Solo, ground up" seems to be a think but not the former. Sorry I've asked on here, I didn't think it justified it's own topic. Thanks Emilio. 

remus Global Crag Moderator 14 Aug 2020
In reply to Emilio Bachini:

> Hello again, just wanted to ask whether it could be changed so "boulder, ground up" could be added to the ascent style.

What would be the difference between "boulder ground up" and "boulder worked"? To my mind they're the same thing. 

Emilio Bachini 14 Aug 2020
In reply to remus:

Good point. 

Arty 15 Aug 2020

Raven Scar chapel le dale. There are lots of  routes missing from ukc that are in the guidebook. 

Monk 16 Aug 2020

Crag available: Ring Road boulders, Bristol

I've not climbed there in years so I'm definitely not the best person anymore! 

In reply to Emilio Bachini:

You're added.

In reply to Arty:

Can you add a link to the crag page please? Can't find that one.

In reply to remus:

I'll do that when I'm back off holiday next week. I'll need to mess about adding my IP to the firewall to do it from here.

Dale Turrell 18 Aug 2020

Crag Requested Easdon Rocks https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/easdon_rocks-1526

remus Global Crag Moderator 19 Aug 2020

> I'll do that when I'm back off holiday next week. I'll need to mess about adding my IP to the firewall to do it from here.

Ace, thanks. No rush obviously. Enjoy your holiday!

You're added.

rlrs 21 Aug 2020

Can you move this climb:

Meteo Rire (5c)

to its proper home at:

Sex des Granges

Thanks!

Richard

(I don't have any guidebook for above crag, else I would take the moderation...)

Simon King 23 Aug 2020

Could I be added to moderate  Mazet inpin the Ardeche please. There's a new sector which needs adding.

Cheers

Simon

In reply to Simon King:

You're added.

In reply to remus:

Just remembered about this. It's updated:  Berry Head - The Old Redoubt

rlrs 26 Aug 2020

It seems there are two equivalent areas defined in Italy: Lombardy, and Lombardia, could be merged.

Simon King 27 Aug 2020

Cheers

In reply to rlrs:

Which is the right one?

We've got:

• Lombardy in North-West Italy
  • Lombardia in North Italy
 rlrs 28 Aug 2020

After a little research...I would say the northerly one...but in line with the main axis of the country, and bordering the eastern half of Switzerland.

Milan is the capital of this Italian region, while the geographical centre is further east, probably nearer Bergamo.

Lombardy is the English name, Lombardia the Italian.

Simon King 03 Sep 2020

Just noticed Chaulet in the Ardeche could do with an update. Could you add me as a moderator and I'll sort it.

Chaulet

Cheers

Simon

In reply to Simon King:

You're added.

In reply to rlrs:

I've merged Lombardy into Lombardia. Cheers.

steveriley 18 Sep 2020

Hesitate to raise my head above the parapet but I could be joint mod for West Nab? I've only been twice but it's a bit messy. I can help out with some missing descriptions and the incumbent seems to have a lot on his plate.

Mark Kemball 19 Sep 2020

Please could you add me as a second moderator for  Rumps Point (guidebook work).

mrphilipoldham 20 Sep 2020

The current mod at  Pike Hill doesn't seem to be active.. can I help out please?

Brown 21 Sep 2020

Hello,

Not totally moderator specific but.....

Adding alpine routes where the guide gives no alpine grade.

I want to add some routes in Patagonia, the current guide to this area has a policy of not providing alpine grades but rather just technical pitch grades.

I don't want to guess an alpine grade for these routes as I don't have a clue and someone might take them seriously.

It will not let me add them without an alpine grade.

Can this be addressed please?

Dale Turrell 21 Sep 2020

Crag Requested (needs some tidying):

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/kentmere_boulders-1784

Also, it seems that Badger Rock is part of this area but ALSO has its own crag page (https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/badger_rock-3825) meaning that some Badger Rock problems are on one crag OR the other and some are on both (it's a bit of a mess).

I would suggest moving the Badgers Rock climbs to Kentmere Boulders, merging the duplicate climbs and renaming Kentmere to "Kentmere Boulders (including Badger Rock)" and remove the separate Badgers Rock page.  What do you think?

Adam Perrett 21 Sep 2020

Crag Requested: Blacknor North, Portland

Please could you add me as a second admin as I have a number of new routes to add and always make mistakes that Marti has to correct.

Cheers.

In reply to Brown:

In this case, it's best to select the "?" grade after choosing Alpine grade type. You can still select a tech grade too.

Brown 21 Sep 2020
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

Thanks, I missed that at the bottom of the list.

Adam Perrett 22 Sep 2020

Blacknor North

Crag Requested: Blacknor North, Portland

Please could you add me as a second admin as I have a number of new routes to add and always make mistakes that Marti has to correct. 

Cheers. (sorry, took a while to work out how to add the crag link. Doh!).

Mark Kemball 25 Sep 2020

Crag requested (I think you missed this earlier) https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/rumps_point-3039 as a second moderator - routes to add from guidebook work.

Graeme Hammond 25 Sep 2020

not a crag request but related to logbooks....

when on my laptop if I go to a crag it displays the following for example: 

"You've ticked 35.5% (99 of 279 climbs) of this crag"

but if on my phone it only displays

"You've ticked 35.5% of this crag"

the latter is fairly meaningless without the extra info in the bracket, is it possible to make this visible in the mobile version too?

Also on a mobile you can only ever click on the link taking you to the weather tab within a crag once, if you then go onto the photos/video tab for example when you try to return to the weather tab nothing happens

Post edited at 19:36
 steve_gibbs 25 Sep 2020

There's a couple of Alpine routes I did this summer, which need changing from a sport grade to an Alpine grade, as they're very much Alpine routes! In both cases I contacted the moderators, but the amendments were not made and received no reply. Could anyone with permissions please update these? Many thanks.

Needs updating to an Alpine grade of perhaps D: https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/lames_fontaine-21177/voie_abert-33...

Needs updating to an Alpine grade of AD or AD+: https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/aiguille_de_lm-2014/southwest_pill...

Mr. Lee 25 Sep 2020
In reply to steve_gibbs:

Hi, sorry I forgot to reply to your email about the latter. I've updated the grade. It actually gets D+ on Camptocamp. The MB Granite vol 2 guide has the difficulties at 5a. This page linked on Camptocamp gives it D(+) 5b:

https://passion-alpes.com/2020/07/07/topo-petits-charmoz-2867m-pilier-sw-d-...

Maybe we go with D 5b? 

Sl@te Head 26 Sep 2020

Two entries for the same route at Never Never Land...

Octogenarian (5b)No match for climb id:490958

As the crag moderator I've tried to sort this by deleting one entry, but as it's a Rockfax listing It won't let me....

CJclimbs 01 Oct 2020

Crag Requested - Anglezarke Quarry, Lancashire

I would like to volunteer to be a second moderator for the Anglezarke Quarry (Lancashire) crag. 

The current moderator is doing a fab job! But I believe I can add more, emphasizing on the bouldering areas.

I have been working on clearing out the bouldering areas, as well as updating the descriptions and adding a few first ascents on UKC.

Crag Link:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/anglezarke_quarry-325

Andy Say 02 Oct 2020

Paul, could you add me as a moderator for La Bastille in Grenoble ( https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/la_bastille-25999#maps )

I've contacted the existing moderator and he's happy for a bit of help.

Cheers, Andy

Purple 08 Oct 2020

I'd like to offer my help with moderating Scout Scar (Kendal area). Quite a lot of recent activity there and plenty of adjustments to be made to the database. Likely more to come too courtesy of renewal work being done by Cumbria Bolt Fund volunteers.

Cheers.

Andy Say 08 Oct 2020
In reply to Andy Say:

> Paul, could you add me as a moderator for La Bastille in Grenoble ( https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/la_bastille-25999#maps )

> I've contacted the existing moderator and he's happy for a bit of help.

> Cheers, Andy

Paul?

Dale Turrell 09 Oct 2020
In reply to Andy Say:

I wonder if he's on holiday or something.  It's been over a month since any updates but usually he's very quick.  I was thinking about sending an email but I don't want to be pushy.

In reply to steve_gibbs:

Thanks, I've updated these.

In reply to Sl@te Head:

Thanks, that's cleaned up. Think it was a bad import from the Rockfax guide that created 2 copies of the route.

In reply to CJclimbs:

I've added you.

In reply to Andy Say:

Sorry I missed this before. I've added you.

d_b 12 Oct 2020

I would be quite happy to give up https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/spik-23934 if anyone wants it.  I'm only the moderator because I added it after doing a route there.

Hi Dale, sorry, I missed this one too. I've been away but also been pretty busy getting ready to move UKC to a new server.

I've added you to  Kentmere Boulders. Normally, I'd not hesitate in merging  Badger Rock with it but there's a BMC RAD entry linked to Badger that's got important access info and we only support RAD entries linked to crags and not buttresses.

If you could move the duplicates within Kentmere to within a Badger Rock buttress, then I can move them over to the Badger crag.

Cheers, Paul.

Post edited at 11:58
In reply to Purple:

I've added you to  Scout Scar

In reply to d_b:

Probably best to just remove yourself from that crag (button at the bottom of the moderation page) and let someone else pick it up from the crag page.

d_b 12 Oct 2020

Will do.  Somehow I had never noticed the button

Thanks.

Post edited at 12:48
 Purple 12 Oct 2020

> I've added you to  Scout Scar

Thanks Paul.

CJclimbs 12 Oct 2020

Cheers!

Andy Moles 16 Oct 2020

Cromlech boulders is a mess of duplicates, out of order and unconfirmed problems. It has two moderators already, but I'd be happy to sort it out a bit.

In reply to Andy Moles:

I've added you, thanks for the help sorting it out.

Andy Moles 18 Oct 2020

I underestimated how much of a mess this one was... loads of nameless problems which are numbered and graded differently in different guidebooks means some problems were in there three or four times... plus an unlikely quantity of recent additions. Getting there, but apologies to anyone if I've moved your logbook ticks to the wrong place.

Andy Moles 18 Oct 2020

The 'Wastad Boulders' section near the end of Cromlech boulders should be moved to  Carreg Wastad.

In reply to Andy Moles:

Thanks, I've moved/merged those.

James Oakes 29 Oct 2020

Hi Paul. Please could you add me as moderator for https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/gretlwandl-19348

Thanks

In reply to James Oakes:

You're added.

James Oakes 29 Oct 2020

Thanks Paul.

Could I make a suggestion for a future update? I think it would be really useful if the map of the page were you add a new crag or change the pin location was the same style as the map on the public crag page. The public crag page style map is a lot more detailed and it is easier to accurately find where to drop the pin.

Thanks, James

In reply to James Oakes:

I left the Google map on the edit page as it has the Satellite view available (button above the map on the left) which is often easier to use for precise locations. I can probably add all 3 map styles tbh tho. I'll look into it.

James Oakes 29 Oct 2020

Ah that makes sense. I guess the satellite map is perfect for most crags. It just happens that most of the crags I add are in massive forests so it is easier to use paths and other features that are more detailed on the other type of map.

Thanks.

Post edited at 09:25
 Iain Thow 29 Oct 2020

Can you merge the unmoderated with  Ben Mor Coigach, which I moderate, as they are the same face.

The one route on the former also has a mistake in its name, should be spelled Fionn not Foinn, and its grade should be VS not Mod (!). Not sure if I can change these without deleting its single tick?

In reply to Iain Thow:

That's done.

mrphilipoldham 02 Nov 2020

I've spent a bit of time clearing up  Cow's Mouth Quarry but there's quite a few duplicated entries for routes. I've renamed them as such to prevent further confusion but can't see an option to merge them. I can see an option to delete the route but wouldn't want people to lose their logs. Is it possible as crag mod, or could someone with the necessary powers do so? Ta

Post edited at 19:08
 rlrs 02 Nov 2020

When you delete a route you are offered the chance to move ticks to another route, so you as moderator can handle it yourself.

mrphilipoldham 02 Nov 2020
In reply to rlrs:

Nice one, ta! 

RyBlackmore 07 Nov 2020

Crag(s) Requested

East Side Boulders

East Side Boulders

Rocklands

Rocklands

In reply to RyBlackmore:

You're added.

phleppy 24 Nov 2020

Crags requested to sort out as I've plenty of time to do it.

Northdale Boulders

Thorgill

In reply to phleppy:

Sorry for the delay. I've added you.

I've added you.

Stopsy 04 Dec 2020

Crag requested  Weem Crags

Did send a mail about this back in August but never heard anything.  I have noticed several routes have not been updated or accepted despite appearing in both the SMC and Scottish Rock Vol. 1 for several years now.

Cheers

RANGITOTO 12 Dec 2020

please could you add me as a moderator for Bonehill Rocks.

Bonehill Rocks

In reply to Stopsy:

I've added you.

In reply to RANGITOTO:

Sorry, we can only have 2 per crag. Feel free to message either of the current mods to see if they don't want to do it anymore.

leland stamper 21 Dec 2020

Hi Paul,

I'm trying to track down a change in access to Horrington Hill down here on Mendip. I've been messaging the moderator and the BMC area rep who know nothing about the change on the UKC log to access not being allowed. The BMC still access as no problem. Along with a few others I spent some time cleaning old and new routes over the summer. I'd like to go back and finish the job next year. Clearly someone has changed the access on UKC for a reason. I'm struggling to track down the possible landowners at present.

Mark Kemball 21 Dec 2020
In reply to leland stamper:

Probably best not to try to talk to the landowners until you have more info.

leland stamper 21 Dec 2020

wasn't in a rush. just trying to understand what's going on.

Dale Turrell 24 Dec 2020

Crag Requested:

Hound Tor: https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/hound_tor_devon-224

Dale Turrell 24 Dec 2020
In reply to RANGITOTO:

Myself and the other mod are both active so feel free to shoot me a message if you have any changes.  At the moment however someone from UKC or Rockfax have altered the details of almost all of the problems there and at many of the other Dartmoor crags.  Unfortunately it's riddled with mistakes and other issues.  I have been waiting to hear back from UKC on what's going on but someone I know has spoken to them and they have acknowledged the problem and said they will use an older backup of the data to fix, although that was a few weeks ago now and no signs of anything happening yet.  I have no idea what will happen to the climbs that are logged in the meantime.  I'd be reluctant to put any changes on until it's straightened out but I can add to the to do list!

dunnyg 26 Dec 2020

Hi,

Coud you add me as a moderator for baildon bank. The current mods have done a great job with the routes, but I am keen to sort out the bouldering a bit!

RANGITOTO 27 Dec 2020

Thanks for your reply, it explains a lot. I asked to moderate the crag because of all the bizzare changes. I will hold off on adding the problems that have been deleted until normal service resumes.  Hopefully it will return to normal soon. Cheers Ian

Paddy_nolan 27 Dec 2020

Out of interest, what will happen to the new routes that were put up I noticed that they just got deleted? Thanks 

I've added you.

Graeme Hammond 29 Dec 2020

Seems to be some duplication of problems between these two crags: 

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/hurkling_stones-19253

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/the_hurkling_stones_rock_ahoy-4066

Post edited at 12:45
 Dale Turrell 29 Dec 2020
In reply to Paddy_nolan:

Sorry, I have no idea. I also don't know what will happen to all the climbs logged in the meantime as lots have been wrongly merged and split (to give an example: before the changes there were three versions of the trench traverse and I had logged them all, but after the changes my logbook shows one of them twice and one not at all).  Might be an idea to ask UKC staff, I still haven't heard back.  Appreciate it's now Christmas so people are on holiday but we first contacted them on December the 7th.

dunnyg 29 Dec 2020

Crag requested

Baildon Bank

Current mods have done a great job with routes, but I am keen to sort out the bouldering. Happy to relinquish once it is in better shape!

AndyRoss 03 Jan 2021

Please could the summit from https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/cleeve_common-19572#overview be moved over to https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/cleeve_hill-14005#overview and then the former crag be deleted?

James Milton 04 Jan 2021

Crag request:

Druim Shionnach

Druim Shionnach

In reply to Graeme Hammond:

Hmm, they are definitely 2 independent crags though. I don't know which problems need to be where tbh.

In reply to AndyRoss:

Sorted

In reply to James Milton:

You're added.

In reply to dunnyg:

Added you. Let me know when you're done and I'll add ebf back.

Cheers

mark20 07 Jan 2021

Could you make me an admin for Cheesewring Quarry please Cheesewring Quarry

To add and tidy up the bouldering

Thanks, Mark

In reply to mark20:

I've added you.

EllaF 11 Jan 2021

CRAG REQUESTED

Sector Physics Wall

Sector Physics Wall

Andy Moles 13 Jan 2021

Something peculiar happened today. I got a standard 'Logbook updates today' email for a crag I moderate, saying that two routes had been added yesterday. These routes came up in red as they always do, but I know for a fact they have already been there for years, and there was no new update. It also said they were added by myself, on 12 Jan 21, which again I know for a fact they weren't. Anyone else had similar happen?

Andy Moles 17 Jan 2021

Can I moderate  Llyn Peris Walls please? It's never been sorted.

Andy Moles 18 Jan 2021

I can sort out the mess that is Craig yr Undeb (Union Rock) too.

In reply to EllaF:

I've added you.

In reply to Andy Moles:

Added to those 2.

In reply to Andy Moles:

Which crag was this for?

We've added some additional logging to logbook changes/additions recently and that might've caused the issue. The Contributed field on the edit climb page doesn't change now, it stays as the original uploader. Which it sounds like in this case, it was probably you if it's been there for years, so actually correct. It used to change to the user that submitted the most recent change to the route. It sounds like the issue is it turned red for new route instead of just showing a change to approve?

Purple 28 Jan 2021

Scout Scar (Kendal, Cumbria) now bang up to date following recent developments and some research. Likely to be further changes as Cumbria Bolt Fund volunteers continue the renewal work in the future - I'll keep on top of updating the information. Worth noting that 2019/2020 developments have rendered some of the Rockfax description info incorrect.

Are moderators able to change the Crag Overview Page photo?

Andy Moles 29 Jan 2021

It was either Pabbay or Mingulay, can't remember now which. Yes, there's a good chance it was me who added the routes in the first place. In any case it hasn't happened again.

Andy Moles 29 Jan 2021

Can  Craig yr Undeb (Union Rock) also be renamed Craig yr Undeb (Union Rock)? 

And can the problem True Playaz (V8) be moved to  Snowdon lady boulders. Thanks.

C Witter 29 Jan 2021

What happened to Milestone Buttress, by the by? Now it's been amalgamated into Tryfan...?! Given that it has a distinct entry in most guidebooks to the area, this is a weird decision. Are larger crag entries really beneficial? Ironically, the Milestone Buttress Boulders still have a seperate crag entry...

On a brighter note, I've cleaned up Round How (though... there's more work to be done, creating a new crag or expanding the Broad Crag entry) and I've done a bit more to rationalise Windy Clough.

In reply to Andy Moles:

Sorted

In reply to C Witter:

Nice work. I'll ask about Tryfan

dunnyg 29 Jan 2021

Hi, I've sorted out the bouldering at baildon now, so happy for moderating to be switched back to the previous mod (I think it was ebf?)
cheers

In reply to dunnyg:

Thanks, reverted that.

In reply to C Witter:

> What happened to Milestone Buttress, by the by? Now it's been amalgamated into Tryfan...?! Given that it has a distinct entry in most guidebooks to the area, this is a weird decision. Are larger crag entries really beneficial? Ironically, the Milestone Buttress Boulders still have a separate crag entry...

Hi Chris

It is for technical reasons that this was done. When we added Snowdonia Scrambles to Rockfax Digital it included some routes that start on Milestone Buttress and end way above there on the north ridge and even going to the summit. We can't have routes appearing in two places when they are on the app so it made sense to amalgamate the listing. Had we not done that then it is possible people may have re-added the scramble routes to either location.

I agree that the logic of the boulders not being included is a little odd. We just hadn't got round to that.

Alan

C Witter 02 Feb 2021
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

I see - that makes sense. Thanks for the reply!
C

AndyRoss 06 Feb 2021

As per https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rock_talk/who_wants_to_moderate_ban_y_gor... could you please make me moderator of  Castle Rock, Gloucestershire and  Ban-y-gor

Jon Tweedlie 06 Feb 2021

Crag Requested:

Simonside Woods  Simonside Woods

Back Bowden Doors  Back Bowden Doors

Cheers!

Andy Moles 07 Feb 2021

Can I sort out Porth Ysgo? There's a lot there, and it hasn't been sorted for a long time.

Andy Moles 07 Feb 2021
In reply to Jon Tweedlie:

> Crag Requested:

> Simonside Woods  Simonside Woods

> Back Bowden Doors  Back Bowden Doors

Back Bowden looks already in perfect order to me..?

In reply to AndyRoss:

I've added you.

In reply to Andy Moles:

That one too.

In reply to Jon Tweedlie:

I've added you.

Andy Moles 08 Feb 2021

You've added the wrong Andy to Porth Ysgo, it was me who requested that one.

Cog 15 Feb 2021

The second route should be Route One. Route Minus One and Route One need to be combined.

The third route should be Route Two. Route zero and Route Two need to be combined.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/benny_beg-1958#overview

Andy Moles 15 Feb 2021

Can Central Buttress (the last climb listed in Sron na Ciche - can't link it because it appears off the bottom of my screen in the drop down menu below lots of other Central Buttresses) be moved to South Crag, Sron Na Ciche, Coir' A' Ghrunnda? Thanks.

In reply to Andy Moles:

I've moved and merged that one.

In reply to Cog:

That's sorted.

Andy Moles 15 Feb 2021

And as requested above, can you make me moderator for  Porth Ysgo?

Purple 15 Feb 2021

Hiya,

Are moderators able to change the Crag Overview Page photo?

Andy Moles 16 Feb 2021

Just noticed an issue when moderating. If you hit the button at the bottom to confirm all the climbs have correct details, this sets any other climbs that are marked as 'no longer climbable' back to normal.

In other words, if you want to confirm that a bunch of new additions all have correct details, you can't do so without deleting the notice for climbs that have fallen down, etc.

scragrock 21 Feb 2021

Could you please add me as co-moderator for Dunlichity in the Highlands 

Dunlichity Crag

Thanks

In reply to scragrock:

I've added you.

Emilio Bachini 27 Feb 2021

Not strictly a moderator concern but would it be possible when adding a new crag to add multiple rock face directions rather than choose from a list of one or the other?

For example I'm trying to add a crag with North and South facing walls but the 3 (incorrect) choices I have are North, South or All. 

Andy Moles 04 Mar 2021

Can the last five problems listed in Micro Walls be moved to Llyn Peris Walls? That's where they are listed in the guidebook (and the 'micro walls' are so insignificant that they aren't included, so it makes these awkward to find).

Problems to be moved are James' Wall (f7A+), James' Wall LH (f7A), Flake LH (f6A+), Flake RH (f6B+), Cwmaelhir Arete (f6C).

Cog 04 Mar 2021

Thanks,

It might be best to merge the following in that crag.

Silicon and Silicon

Wrigley Slab and Wrigley Slab

Spearmint and Spearmint Slab

Overhang & Groove and Overhang & Groove

Ramp & Crack and Ramp & Crack

In reply to Andy Moles:

Sorted.

In reply to Cog:

I've merged those.

Andy Gamisou 11 Mar 2021

Can you give me the one below temporarily please (it's got a bit of dangerous advice in that the mod doesn't seem to be inclined to change).

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/kakopetria-12450

In reply to Andy Gamisou:

I've added you.

Andy Gamisou 16 Mar 2021

> I've added you.

Thanks.  I've finished with it.  Shouldn't there be some way to de-moderate oneself - or is there and I'm just being thick?

Post edited at 12:58
Andy Gamisou 18 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

There's a button at the bottom of the moderation page to remove yourself. I've sort that though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...