UKC

Unable to click on crags on crag finder maps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Donotello 23 Oct 2019

This evening I seem totally unable to click on any of the orange dots on the Find Crag Map. 

They also disappear when zoomed in closer than 10km/inch. 

I've tried it on multiple devices and get the same result. 

Any feedback on what's up with it would be great. 

Thanks.

OP Donotello 23 Oct 2019
In reply to Donotello:

Also I swear the map looks different than usual.

In reply to Donotello:

Do you mean the map on this page - https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/map/

If so then I am not able to repeat this.

Alan

OP Donotello 23 Oct 2019
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Sorry I don’t know what you mean. And yes that map. Can’t click anything. 

OP Donotello 23 Oct 2019

Do you mean it’s a secret?

static266 23 Oct 2019

I have experienced this occasionally too, refresh seems to sort it out but it’s usually on the map tab of a crag page rather than the find crag page. 

In reply to Donotello:

> Sorry I don’t know what you mean. And yes that map. Can’t click anything.

I mean that the map appears to work fine for me when I test it (I can't repeat the error). I will point our tech guys at this but the answer above about force refreshing could be worth trying as well.

Does it work on the crag pages - Burbage North#maps

Alan

Simon Caldwell 24 Oct 2019
In reply to Donotello:

I get that problem quite a lot as well. Normally you can't click them until you've zoomed in sufficiently for the background orange dots to be replaced by larger clickable icons. But sometimes, the background dots disappear, but the larger icons fail to appear.

The same happens on the UKH equivalent https://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/map/ but there the clickable icons for the hills never appear, though icons do appear for climbing crags.

In reply to Donotello:

Often when I zoom in on the map lately, all the crag icons dissapear, I then zoom out to which the show back up but just as dots which I cannot click. It keeps happening on and off

In reply to Donotello:

You can only click on the map marker icons when you zoom in far enough for the orange blob layer to turn into the icons. Are you saying you can't see the icons?

In reply to Simon Caldwell:

I'll look into that, that does appear to be a bug.

pete johnson 25 Oct 2019
In reply to Donotello:

I get similar problems on my Samsung mobile phone when using the Samsung web browser. When I switch to Google chrome it works fine.

wbo2 25 Oct 2019
In reply to Donotello:I noticed then using chrome on windows this afternoon.. 

wbo2 25 Oct 2019
In reply to Donotello:it is now working on my android phone.   It was earlier failing at the point where a named box for the orange dot appears

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...