UKC

West Country Climbs Free on Rockfax Digital

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

One unseen knock-on from the pandemic was that our books started selling differently to normal - UK books sold quickly and the Spain, France, Italy, etc. ones didn't move much. This has meant that our publishing schedule has got a little out of kilter with our planned new editions.

The West Country Climbs Rockfax is one such book. It sold out last month just before the summer season - there may be odd copies around but we have no stock left for resupply.

To cover the summer we have made the whole of the West Country Climbs information free on Rockfax Digital until September. This means you can use the full guide without a paid subscription. We have also added a load of new areas in the Wye Valley and elsewhere to the data which will be going in the ned edition.

https://rockfax.com/news/2022/07/01/west-country-climbs-free-on-rockfax-dig...

The new book should be out later in the year but not before November.

Alan

Paul Sagar 02 Jul 2022
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Fantastic news, thanks Alan

quick question: will the Cornwall coverage be more extensive in the new edition? That’s what I mostly use my copy of the old edition for, but as I only go once a year, I never feel justified in buying the CC definitive guides

Post edited at 10:34
In reply to Paul Sagar:

> quick question: will the Cornwall coverage be more extensive in the new edition? That’s what I mostly use my copy of the old edition for, but as I only go once a year, I never feel justified in buying the CC definitive guides

Hi Paul

Apologies for taking so long to reply but this one got lost during my holiday.

Yes, the coverage in the new book will be significantly enhanced. More routes on previously included crags, a number of new crags and coverage of the Wye Valley area. We are however dropping the Dorset section to make room. Mostly re-photographed using the flying camera.

Alan

Paul Sagar 16 Sep 2022
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Super, really looking forward to this one. No need for the Dorset section given Dorset now has a bumper-sized book of its own in the Nth edition! Didn't make it to Cornwall this year, but this will provide an excellent excuse to get myself down there next year.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...