UKC

Why does “ticking” a climb cause the app to crash?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sassan 07 Nov 2021

Literally any climb I tick off causes the app to crash and means it’s basically unusable as a tick list as it takes forever to record climbs. 

Any fixes for this issue or advice? 

In reply to sassan:

Hi,

Can you install this testflight build please: https://testflight.apple.com/join/SzF8MsQr

This build fixes the issue you're facing, as well as a crash on iOS 12. It will be released to the public this week hopefully.

OP sassan 09 Nov 2021
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

Will do, and will update once tried 

OP sassan 10 Nov 2021

seems to have worked. 

BattyMilk 23 Nov 2021
In reply to sassan:

Has this fix gone out to public yet?

I’m getting lots of crashes when ticking. Happens every time i tap “use last ascent details” and doesn’t record to the app or log book. When I manually enter the details it crashes as soon as I select a partner but seems to record all the details ok. 

iPhone SE 2020 on iOS 15.1. App version 3.6.4, 4888

ta

In reply to BattyMilk:

Hello BattyMilk (that's a first greeting wise for me). 

No this build is still only on TestFlight. We're waiting on another couple of unrelated changes before we push it. The Apple TestFlight link above is still live though which will fix this issue for you. 

chadogrady 24 Nov 2021

I’ve just tested the beta as I was having the same issue and it seems to have resolved the problem. Thank you. 

BattyMilk 24 Nov 2021
In reply to sassan:

Thanks. If I update my app to the test flight version, does that tie me to that version or would I continue to get automatic updates (and if so, would my updates be to test builds or main releases?)

In reply to BattyMilk:

Going to TestFlight takes you out of the normal channel, so once the new public version is out you'd want to install that from the App Store to get back into automatic updates. 

robert-hutton 28 Dec 2021
In reply to sassan:

When I click on On the "I" icon on a route at water cum jolly It crashes?

Seems like it's Peak Limestone from Chee dale onwards

Post edited at 14:20
 TobyA 29 Dec 2021
In reply to robert-hutton:

There's definitely issues in Peak Limestone. I've had ongoing issues with it that sound very similar - not able to log routes through the app for example. I have been sending periodic reports through to Rockfax, but it definitely seems Peak Limestone is a bit more buggy that some of the other "books", perhaps because it has had more updates?

robert-hutton 29 Dec 2021
In reply to TobyA:

Thanks, it's getting to a point to ditch the app as for me it's very buggy and UKC website is better then the app and sportclimbs has had a very nice makeover.

In reply to TobyA:

> There's definitely issues in Peak Limestone. I've had ongoing issues with it that sound very similar - not able to log routes through the app for example. I have been sending periodic reports through to Rockfax, but it definitely seems Peak Limestone is a bit more buggy that some of the other "books", perhaps because it has had more updates?

As per the other thread Robert started - we are aware of this report and will be looking into it but currently people are away and it appears to be a very specific Android-only problem.

Peak Limestone is bang up to date in terms of the technical format of the data which could be why it is triggering something in Android. Other recent packages may exhibit the same issues, for example - Wintors Leap, Shorncliffe, Ailefroide, St Bees Head.

Alan

TobyA 29 Dec 2021
In reply to robert-hutton:

> Thanks, it's getting to a point to ditch the app as for me it's very buggy

Nothing like that for me. Sometimes I've had to log my routes either into UKC directly (at the crag if I have 4G or home later on other days), but that's about the biggest problem. Not carrying around 500 grams of paper is much appreciated at time, or I take Rockfax on my phone and the BMC paper guide in my pack.

Gary's website is an amazing resource but I don't find it nearly as easy to use on my phone as the Rockfax app and there are now quite a few new sectors at, for example, Goddard's that aren't covered on sportclimbs yet. The app is nearly complete, although I do often use it in conjunction with UKC logbooks when phone signal allows.

The app is superb when you get chance to travel. Last few trips to the Lakes and North Wales it has been useful and last summer meant I could research loads of different crag in Dorset when I was down there with the family.

konrad7272 29 Dec 2021
In reply to sassan:

Just to say I also got this bug multiple times when ticking climbs in Portland. Looking forward to the public release

In reply to konrad7272:

iOS version 3.6.5 was released a couple of days ago and is available to all to install from the App Store. 

TobyA 23 Jan 2022
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

I was planning on going to Horseshoe yesterday so looked on the app and it was crashing when I clicked the "I" button or to log a climb. I deleted the entire Peak Limestone book, restarted the app, reloaded all the Peak Limestone crags and, fingers crossed, it seems to be working perfectly now. 

It might be worth anyone else having problems with that book doing likewise?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...