UKC

21 Climbs for 21 Years...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jackwd 13 Feb 2013
Hello guys, I have an idea for my birthday to do 21 climbs in a day for my 21st birthday. Ideally in the Eastern Grit/Peak Limestone area between S/HVS.. What would the collective wisdom of UKC recommend?
 Michael Hood 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Jackwd: Depends on which day your birthday is; i.e weather, hours of daylight, etc.

Stanage or any of the main gritstone edges.

A better challenge would be to do 21 climbs on 21 different edges.
 John H Bull 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Michael Hood:
How about the 21st route described in the guidebook at 21 different crags?
OP Jackwd 13 Feb 2013
In reply to bullybones: Over the course of a year? Don't think i'd manage that in a day.
 tlm 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Jackwd:

Duncs did 50 for his 50th, and was finished by lunchtime, so it is very doable. He soloed most of them, and counted downclimbs as well as going upwards. He did it at Stanage, in August, rather than on his birthday in January! He had a little support team - one person to record the climbs, one to move the bouldering mat, one to take photos, one to lounge around looking good etc.... it was a great day!
 stevieb 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Jackwd:
Stanage, Burbage North or Birchen are the obvious grit choices with lots of shortish routes. If you get an earlyish start you'll have time to do them roped. If you're soloing, 21 won't be any problem. If going at a weekend, Stanage North may be the least busy option.
Only limestone option I can think of is Harborough.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...