UKC

Adjudicator Wall difficulty?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tigger 12 Sep 2018

I've been eyeing up Adjudicator Wall (E3 5c) ever since a friend walked me to the base of it (what a wall!!). Without giving too much away does anyone know how it compares to routes such as Pleasure Dome (E3 5c) or Mulatto Wall (E3 5c) I've done quite a few E3's now but mostly on grit, slabs or arête type routes. Just that I'm not at my best atm but want to give it a shot this year.

Cheers

Post edited at 15:33
 Ian65 12 Sep 2018
In reply to Tigger:

It’s been quite few years since I did these routes, so my memory may be rusty and the routes could have changed. 

But for what it’s worth I found that Adjucator was better protected than Mulatto and not as pumpy as Pleasure Dome. However, it was much more polished than either. Brilliant route though. 

OP Tigger 12 Sep 2018
In reply to Ian65:

Thanks for the encouraging comment, I'll hold you to it though! Was it Martin Boysen who discovered the peg was missing and went for a wee ride?

flaneur 12 Sep 2018
In reply to Tigger:

All three are stern for E3 but in different ways. Your adjudication of their relative difficulty will depend on your strengths. 

Bulls Crack 12 Sep 2018
In reply to Tigger:

Adjudicator Wall difficulty?

Hard to judge. 

Post edited at 20:48
 Theo Moore 13 Sep 2018
In reply to Bulls Crack:

I judged it to be quite tricky. The moves are quite technical and there's one bit in particular where it's tricky to see the holds you want to use on account of the limestone being all white and it being a traverse! That said it's not pumpy and it's really safe. It's also brilliant, definitely get on it. Not as hard as Pleasure Dome in my book.

P.S a general tip for Peak Lime trad: look for the bits with the plants growing out - they're big enough to have soil in them so they're probably the holds

Post edited at 10:53
OP Tigger 13 Sep 2018
In reply to Theo Moore:

Cheers, even better of the aforementioned plant will take a sling!

In reply to Tigger:

I haven’t done the other two, but AW is quite a specific type of route, technical, safe and fingery rather than strenuous, though a bit attritional. It’s probably quite high in the grade overall, but if the above suits you then not. I found it a grade or two easier than Ocean Boulevard, for instance.

jcm

deacondeacon 13 Sep 2018
In reply to Theo Moore:

I can't remember doing it, but it's in my logbook, and if I've done it, it can't be too bad. Lol

In reply to Tigger:

Haven’t done those others, but I’ve led AW a few times because it’s such a lovely route. If you’ve climbed on High Tor, then it’s better protected and easier to read than Robert Brown, but more technical

OP Tigger 13 Sep 2018
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

Well I seconded it ok along with Persus after leading Darius so that encouraging, I just hope I can find the right holds. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...