UKC

Ban y Gor conditions????

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
alanlgm 03 Jun 2013
Anyone been to Ban y gor lately?

What are the current conditions? Is it overgrown?

Any routes that are must do's?

Cheers

Al
 Puppythedog 04 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm: Ban y Gor looked okay the other day. I've not walked as far as Pet Cemetery area but I would assume it's worth a trip. You ask is there's anything worth going at, what grades are you looking for?
alanlgm 04 Jun 2013
In reply to puppythedog:

Thanks for the info I am would be looking for a few 5's to warm up and then anything in the 6's really although it will probably be completing the easier ones and falling off of the 6'cs lol

cheers

Al
 bonelessivar 04 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm: Did 'heady days' 6b+ on Sunday. Brilliant route, but was glad to have a clip stick for the first high bolt. The approach was fine, but I think it wad starting to get very overgrown from there on in.
 The Ivanator 04 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm: The best routes up to 6a+ are in this ticklist
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=519
They are fairly well spread out along the crag, but a good day can be had by walking down to the Main Cliff then working your way back along the escarpment ticking the easier lines en route. Useful to have the Lower Wye 2007 and the 2012 supplement as there has been a fair amount of retro bolting in recent years.
Slightly harder routes that are worthwhile include Lotus Wing 6b and the already mentioned Heady Days 6b+ - surely one of the most spectacular routes of this grade in the UK, don't miss it!
alanlgm 04 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm: nice one guys

maybe i need to take a Machette with me lol

let see how we get on

thanks

Al
 cha1n 04 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm:

I'd take a machete with me if I had one - no joke.

Not been there this year but it wouldn't be a bad idea to take some insect repellent. Lots of mosquitos about most of the time!
alanlgm 04 Jun 2013
will make sure to get one deet then
 Mayaculpa 04 Jun 2013
If you like esoteric routes try "That Historic Reach". how often do you get chance to put a thread runner in a tree
 tombeasley 05 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm: I'm a bit of a Ban y Gor fan routes to try in the 6's are in my opinion:-

East of Swedon 6b+
Join the Union, Jack 6b
Stars and Stripes 6c
Lotus Wing 6b
Good Friday Agreement 6c
Violation of Trust 6b
Muddy Waters 6a
Heady Days 6b+

Have fun!

Tom
alanlgm 06 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm:

Thanks again all

Tom. Where is the bet place to park?

Cheers al
Removed User 06 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm: Park in Lancaut Lane as for Wintour's.
alanlgm 07 Jun 2013
In reply to alanlgm: cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...