UKC

BBC2 Scotland - climbing broadcast

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
fxceltic 09 Aug 2007
there was a post on here a week or 2 back about bbc2 scotland showing a 6 hour broadcast of a number of different routes being climbed, live, in different areas of scotland, has anyone heard anymore about this? I cant find the link on here or on the bbc website, cheers
 mike71 09 Aug 2007
In reply to fxceltic: Check out dave mc leod.com bbc link on his web site.
rich 09 Aug 2007
In reply to fxceltic: 'kin 'ell - that's quite a thing eh? i wonder if any of my friends with cable or the like could get that
 sandywilson 09 Aug 2007
In reply to rich:

Should be able to get it on Sky!
fxceltic 09 Aug 2007
In reply to fxceltic: cheers everyone
 220bpm 09 Aug 2007
In reply to fxceltic:

Get right in there, set the recorder to long play
 Burnsie 09 Aug 2007
In reply to fxceltic:

what happens if it rains ? - are they all going to troop down to extreme dream, or spend a day walking round Aviemore looking at things in outdoor shops but not actually buying anything ??
 220bpm 09 Aug 2007
In reply to Burnsie:

+1 on the karma thing dude, lol.
 SonyaD 09 Aug 2007
In reply to Burnsie: Haha, good one! Perhaps Dave might not do the hard route then, but they might film them just doing easier stuff in the pissing rain? And I know that some non live filming is being done so that will add to the 6hrs also.
 catt 09 Aug 2007
In reply to All:

Any ideas how we can get this down south at a better quality than pish internet streaming and for those with poor man's telly (freeview)?

Anyone fancy burning a dvd?
 nick nc 09 Aug 2007
In reply to catt: Dave80 is going to burn it on to DVD, and I'm sure if you ask nicely and offer him some beer tokens, he might oblige!
 catt 09 Aug 2007
In reply to nick nc:

I'd give beer tokens aplenty to have a good copy of this, as I can't think how I'll be able to see it otherwise.

Hey, maybe that would be a good feature to add to UKC, virtual beer tokens for redemption at later dates... Could be rewards for good advice, dodgy dvd's, etc....
 Dave80 09 Aug 2007
In reply to nick nc: I said I was going to try!!! Can't promise anything until after the event though
G A Hardie 09 Aug 2007
In reply to fxceltic: Anyone know if Virgin cable service carries BEEB2 Scotland?

If not I too would send beer tokens aplenty to anyone who can drop the prog onto DVD.

Cheers

Gordon
 Simon Caldwell 09 Aug 2007
In reply to G A Hardie:
Last time I looked it was BBC1 Scotland only
Barber Baz 09 Aug 2007
In reply to Simon Caldwell: maybe Alex Salmond can do something to help..
 Norrie Muir 09 Aug 2007

The BBC has thought, it is only worth broadcasting 60 minutes of the climbing throughout the network. This decision was made in London.
 slacky 09 Aug 2007
I wouldn't mind getting a decent copy of this somehow too.

I suspect those involved in the filming may package it up and release it on DVD afterwards in an edited format though.
G A Hardie 09 Aug 2007
In reply to slacky: This is where the BBC come unstuck with their licence - I pay my TV licence for a nationally available service. Don't see any disclaimers on there about regional variations.......
 Dave80 09 Aug 2007
In reply to All: If I do manage to get it onto DVD (I'm praying my digibox has enough memory left to record it first!) then I'll let folk know and may be persuaded to make a few copie.......
 nick nc 09 Aug 2007
In reply to Dave80: My digibox definitely has enough memory; I just can't link it to my laptop to burn it. But if you have a DVD burner that can plug into it, between the two of us, we could have a winner. I'm going to record it anyway, so if you have a problem, just let me know.

By the way, you wanna go for a wee swallee sometime?
 Mike C 09 Aug 2007
In reply to nick nc:

Hi Nick/Dave
I've asked my Dad to do the same, he has a hard drive Sky box & a dvd recorder. I'm sorely tempted to scrape enough pennies together to get a hard drive dvd recorder too so I may have a go at it myself.
Mike
 nick nc 09 Aug 2007
In reply to Mike C: Mmm, I'm now wondering how many poeple we will have interested in a copy. How much do you think we can sell them for? Reckon we could supplement our measly incomes??
 Mike C 09 Aug 2007
In reply to nick nc:

Hmmm, tempting, but maybe donations to MR before the beeb start legal action for breach of copyright!
 nick nc 09 Aug 2007
In reply to Mike C: Oooh, yeah like that idea. Ace. I'm up for that. Was only joking before about charging for it, but if proceeds go to MRT....great idea.
Emma Wilkinson 09 Aug 2007
In reply to fxceltic:

Rockclimbingtigger here

I'm also happy to tape it on digibox, and anyone in the lincs region is more than welcome to either get a copy or come over for a beer one night!

Em x
In reply to fxceltic:

signed in properly now!

Just to let people know the offer still stands. P and P donation to MRT for a copy

Emma x
 Padraig 12 Aug 2007
In reply to Norrie Muir:
"The BBC has thought, it is only worth broadcasting 60 minutes of the climbing throughout the network. This decision was made in London"

There will be, however, at least 1 x London based news commentator (I'm hoping Kaplinsky)flown up to Scotland for the BBCNEWS24 newslink!! If, god forbid, anything untoward happens, provision has been made in the BBC budget for this number to increase!!!
 Skyfall 12 Aug 2007
In reply to Padraig:

sweet jeesus - not that they're hoping anything "untoward" might happen I'll bet..
 Padraig 12 Aug 2007
In reply to JonC:
> (In reply to Padraig)
>
> sweet jeesus - not that they're hoping anything "untoward" might happen I'll bet..
"If, god forbid, anything untoward happens,"

Sorry! Didn't mean in the climbing! Was a rather badly put joke! Relates to when Glasgow airport was set on fire by extremists recently and the BBC flew umpteen London based reporters up to Glasgow to report on the News despite there being umpteen Glasgow based reporters already on scene!! What a fceking debacle!
P

icnoble 12 Aug 2007
In reply to fxceltic: It is on BBC Scotland which you can receive on Sky, I have just programmed on my Sky + box. Also I will be recording it onto my sony hardrive which means I can transfer the programme onto recordable dvd's. Lets hope the weather is good!
 Padraig 13 Aug 2007
In reply to icnoble:
"Lets hope the weather is good!"

SSShhhh! Don't tell anyone, but I'm pretty sure I saw Dave last week in Northern Corries!
p
Geoffrey Michaels 13 Aug 2007
In reply to G A Hardie:
> (In reply to slacky) This is where the BBC come unstuck with their licence - I pay my TV licence for a nationally available service. Don't see any disclaimers on there about regional variations.......

Quite true and the roughly 3% of the license fee spent in Scotland needs to rise to readdress the inbalance. Oh aye, and Scotland isn't a region.

I'll try and record it and copy a DVD if you want.
G A Hardie 16 Aug 2007
In reply to Donald M:
> (In reply to G A Hardie)
> [...]
>
> Quite true and the roughly 3% of the license fee spent in Scotland needs to rise to readdress the inbalance. Oh aye, and Scotland isn't a region.

I know - should have typed "regional" variations

> I'll try and record it and copy a DVD if you want.

Thanks for that - I'm in Fort William next week - I'll bung a donation in for the local MRT for the previous DVD's

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...